It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug war sends bullets whizzing across the border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Drug war sends bullets whizzing across the border

news.yahoo.com

EL PASO, Texas – The first bullets struck El Paso's city hall at the end of a work day. The next ones hit a university building and closed a major highway. Shootouts in the drug war along the U.S.-Mexico border are sending bullets whizzing across the Rio Grande into one of the nation's safest cities, where authorities worry it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt or killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Its getting more and more dangerous. A highway was closed down in El Paso on Saturday. I definantly dont want to be near the border anytime soon. A stray bullet could hit anything.

Im suprised this hasnt taken over other mainstream news....celebrities....the mosque thing......Im actually suprised this was published.

We all know whats going on in Mexico. The article says 8 bullets have been fired into El Paso in the last few weeks. I dont remember seeing anything about the first, second, third...., seventh bullet being fired, but I guess 8 is the right number finally?

Until now, communities on the U.S. side of the border have been largely shielded from the violence raging just across the river. But the recent incidents are the first time that live ammunition has landed in American territory.

Edit - The reason I put this into breaking is because Yahoo news put this out around 3 hours ago, and I cant say I have read/heard of bullets "officially" coming across the border.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-8-2010 by buni11687]

[edit on 24-8-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Good thread! Thanks for the information.

But the use of the "drug war" moniker is nothing more than a federal lie designed and put in place so that they can get what, whom and where ever they want. The short version is:

* Senators and Represenatives can get grants and other monies by abiding then showing where their district's law enforcement agencys have been "fighting drugs". No matter if its a quarter bag, dime bag or a few pounds of cannabis, if they (law enforcement) documents it then their elected officicals can apply for money to send back home.

* The DEA "awards" money to law enforcement agencys to use for whatever they want when they make a bust. In almost every town and city there are DEA agents fo rthe sole purpose of controlling the growth and use of marijuana because lobbyists have paid off the drug makers and they know that if marijuana were made legal, the REAL drug dealers (drug companys) would be out of business if citizens could grow then medicate themselves.

But this violence has got to stop. I get mad at the fact that the fedgov killed Randy Weaver's wife & kid but don;t have the balls to go down to the border and stop this trash from killing our citizens.

Its time to wake America and take our country back!

[edit on 8/25/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Blog del Narco is a clearing house of the mayhem.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
We all know whats going on in Mexico. The article says 8 bullets have been fired into El Paso in the last few weeks. I dont remember seeing anything about the first, second, third...., seventh bullet being fired, but I guess 8 is the right number finally?

see this link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
gee is this not an act of war? should we look back at 1916?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Can you imagine declaring war with Mexico?

Half of their Army is working IN the US now. The other part will easily cross the border.

new topics

top topics

join