It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full-Body Scan Technology Deployed In Street-Roving Vans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by just an allusion

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"

Benjamin Franklin.

Yes, I agree, common sense.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I don't want my children exposed to any of this technology, the research down on the airport scans showed they cause tumors. So, nope, my kids are much healthier without this.
Basically "tptb" have declared an all out grass roots, unofficial nuclear war against the human race, with depeleted uranium, their nuclear testing and power plants, and even the BP disaster, its unending.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Despite claims by the TSA that electronic body scan images "cannot be stored or recorded," some federal police agencies are in fact saving tens of thousands of images, according to a report by CNET News.

Source

As I have said before, you all better get ready for big bro's insertion into your daily lives and business!

Star & Flag!

[edit on 8/24/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to =http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread605784/pg1#pid9465872]post by hawaiinguy12

S&F

More at American Science and Engineering, Inc.

AS&E X-ray inspection systems are used by governments and corporations around the world to combat terrorism, drug and weapons smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.

So how come its still happening then

As to the OP... i agree that this will be going too far if it means the tech can be used to view anyone anywhere... this means you can be spied on having sex with your wife or partner... or when you need to use the toilet... what you are doing in your own home.... basically anything...

This is bad news!!

Some good points are using it to catch people who are about to let a bomb go off or a gun totting guy about to shoot up some place....

[edit on 25-8-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Then you dont mind if big brother install cameras all over your house. In the toilet and bedroom too since you dont have anything to hide?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
hey scan that guy over there sitting at a desk.

oops

(its not real. its from the movie scanners)

[edit on 25-8-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Really, so cancer is a better alternative for the future of your children.

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Common sense people common sense gone to the crapper. . .

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You know, you are so right is not funny, people that let scaremongering take over their intellect become fools and rather let obfuscation blind the reality of the health risk of having this scan radiating their bodies everyday in the name of security, the truth been known what the government doesn't want you to know, (you already know) that since the birth of x rays machine we have been radiated in our lives more than the victims of the Hiroshima attack and then people wonder why cancer incidents are in growing.

Thanks for the information.

Cancer Danger In Airport ‘Backscatter’ X-Ray Machines

healthfreedoms.org...

The relationship between cancer and x rays are well documented

Radiation and Cancer Risks: Is it safe to have X-Rays?

www.cancernews.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I have a huge problem with those license plate scanners they are using now, nevermind this blatant disregard for 4th amendment...

Doesnt matter if it is inadmissible in court...All persons SHALL be SECURE in their persons, houses, papers and efects from unreasonable search and seizure. If you look at what is inside my car without my permission and without probable cause that is an unreasonable search!

Im sick and tired of being in fear of having contact with a government agent every time i leave my god damn house. I live in NH, a pretty free state. Yet, any time i get in my car i wory about being fined for possibly exceeding the goverments suggested rate of travel or just being stopped because im driving to work at 4am on a saturday morning.

On a possibly unrelated note...Someone had a picture of a relative that graduated from the police academy or was recieving a police award of some kind...The photo looked like it came from a newspaper (black and white) And i said aloud..."Who has the picture of an SS promotion." The picture showed some police in their class A uniforms. The class a's for this branch looked an awful lot like the one on the left...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'd just like to point out that this technology for scanning cargo holds and boxes has been in use for a while. I know Canada started a project for it about 5 or 6 years back testing the limitations of this machine. Apparently it can pick out 1 bottle of bad Tylenol out of an entire cargo box of Tylenol. I don't know if this is true but it was office gossip I over heard, involving people hired on contract to do some work for the government. My guess is this technology has been in use for the past 2 years+ and is now only being released to the public, and to police to scan for drugs.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"

Benjamin Franklin.

Most people who call up this quote, always omit an important word... "for a little temporary security".

I suppose the term "little" is subjective, but I consider a dirty bomb, a suitcase nuclear device or even a large conventional explosive device to be significantly more than what can be described as "little".

Additionally, I do not believe "essential liberty" refers to one's freedom to possess contraband, in any form.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Benjamin Franklin.

Yes, I agree, common sense.

What "liberty"? To pack around explosives or armaments and take them into our schools, libraries, and other areas where people congregate?

Kinda hard to have any "liberty" when you're blown into pieces.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

possess contraband

Contraband covers a wide variety of things. Care to elaborate a little?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Then you dont mind if big brother install cameras all over your house. In the toilet and bedroom too since you dont have anything to hide?

An individuals' home is their sanctuary from the rest of the world. As long as they're not up to anything illegal, then no, "big brother" hasn't any right of access to my premises.

However, when I am out in the general public, then yes, I am thus susceptible to "big brother's" overview as I haven't any right to impose my ideologies, inclinations, etc., on the innocent masses.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

The word contraband, reported in English since 1529, from Medieval French contrebande "a smuggling," denotes any item which, relating to its nature, is illegal to be possessed, sold.

en.wikipedia.org...

Any goods that are unlawful to possess, sell or otherwise distribute or transport, or whose very existence is illegal.

www.yourdictionary.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on now, do you REALLY think they would condone, let alone allow, the installation of devices that would cause the promotion of cancer in people?

Sounds more like the fear mongering being propagated by those individuals with something to hide as a means of swaying public opinion because they know they haven't any real "actionable cause" to forward a complaint in the courts where they could actually accomplish something.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

I suppose the term "little" is subjective, but I consider a dirty bomb, a suitcase nuclear device or even a large conventional explosive device to be significantly more than what can be described as "little".

Do you really feel safer today than oh...lets say two years ago? I don't.
All this has not a damn thing to do with security. Its all about control. Look at all we have given (had taken) away.
They track you online, listen to your phone, emails, banking, virtual strip searches, now every transaction above $600 will generate a form 1099
( buying gold anyone? ) tell you you have NO right to privacy. Now precrime as I mentioned in another post, and sooo much more. Yet they can't secure the borders! But they sure can clamp down on you.

And you say " little", I wonder what your definition of a lot is.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No one has ever said that x-rays were not harmful, rather, that they are a 'necessary evil' tolerated as a means of preventing or circumventing a potentially serious/terminal ailment, you know, like the religious fanatic Jihadist wearing plastique boxers.

Try just thinking about it BEFORE you jump to emotionally charged conclusions.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Benjamin Franklin.

Most people who call up this quote, always omit an important word... "for a little temporary security".

Additionally, I do not believe "essential liberty" refers to one's freedom to possess contraband, in any form.

I, obviously, agree.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by just an allusion

Originally posted by marg6043

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on now, do you REALLY think they would condone, let alone allow, the installation of devices that would cause the promotion of cancer in people?

Radiation from X-rays is quite dangerous. Old news. Medicine: X-Ray Danger:

Too much radiation at one body site can cause skin conditions resembling severe burns or local cancers. Widely distributed over the body so that it penetrates much of the blood-forming marrow, excessive radiation can cause leukemia. If it strikes the gonads (ovaries or testicles), excessive radiation—i.e., by best estimate, beyond 10 roentgens*—can cause mutations in the genes, which, in turn, may mean deformities in the patient's descendants. Dangers, by sites: ...

The sensible conclusion is that patients would be foolish to forgo needed X rays, especially when given by a doctor or dentist who knows his business and his dosages, and would be still more foolish to expose themselves to needless X rays.

And yeah, I REALLY think they would condone, and certainly allow, the installation of devices that would cause the promotion of cancer in people.

Heads up, THEY DON'T CARE!!!

Sounds more like the fear mongering being propagated by those individuals with something to hide .....

Stale ad hominem.

Scientists Say No Level Of Radiation "Safe"

More quick clips:

There is no question that accumulated exposure to X-rays can cause cancer. In fact, ionizing radiation—the technology used in mammography and other X-ray imaging—is the only known cause of breast cancer.

X-Ray Visionary: John Gofman and the Patients’ Right-to-Know Project

An estimated 29,000 future cancers could be linked to scans performed in 2007:

Commonly performed CT scans are exposing patients to far more radiation than previously thought and in doses that could cause tens of thousands of cancers a year, two new studies claim.

Based on the findings, reported in the Dec. 14/28 issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine, the study authors, joined by Archives editor Dr. Rita F. Redberg, are calling on clinicians to limit radiation exposure to patients.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join