It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full-Body Scan Technology Deployed In Street-Roving Vans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If you read the comments on youtube and then the comments here on ATS, the youtube comments are more like how the old ATS comments used to be.

WTF happened to the members of ATS? It seems most of you are more like sheep than the mainstream is now.

Welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by maldronath
And you say " little", I wonder what your definition of a lot is.

I'm not sure I understand what your question is, but let me answer in this way.

First, do I feel safer? I do, in many aspects. There has not been a successful attack on the U.S. since 2001. That says a lot.

As related to the taking away of "essential liberty"... I am still free to travel anywhere in the country that I wish. I am free to travel by car, train, plane or foot. I travel 8 miles to work everyday and 8 miles home. I have only been stopped once over the past 5 years (for an expired registration). I can't even remember the time before that.

I can go to the movie theater (though there is seldom anything worth seeing), I can go to the restaurant of my choice and eat and drink whatever I choose. I can wear the clothes I prefer and adorn my body with whatever tattoos and jewelry I want or do not have to (my preference). I can date whomever I choose, as long as they are in agreement (well, could before I married).

I am free to practice the religion of my choice or not to at all. I am free to speak about whatever topic I choose (evidenced by the wide array of threads here and the explosion of blogs covering every imaginably subject). I am free to peaceably protest in public places.

I am still free to own firearms and ammunition. I can hunt and fish, when I want. I've never had a soldier attempt to use my home as a base of operations.

I have not been searched, either reasonably or unreasonably and I have not been arrested without cause (actually not at all).

I, honestly, can not provide a single example of how my liberties have diminished. Even the existence of "The Patriot Act" has not caused me to alter my behaviors in any way, whatsoever. I view whatever I choose, on the internet and have telephone conversations with whomever I choose, not censoring my conversations in the least.

I know there are some who have come into contact with an overbearing, jerk cop. But, regardless of how some over-generalize, those are the exception and not the rule.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
I, honestly, can not provide a single example of how my liberties have diminished. Even the existence of "The Patriot Act" has not caused me to alter my behaviors in any way, whatsoever. I view whatever I choose, on the internet and have telephone conversations with whomever I choose, not censoring my conversations in the least.

The tools are not all in place yet. The people are not quite dumbed down enough....yet.

My guess is that when this current generation of kids hits mid to late thirties and are making the decisions is when it will all come together.

Just in time for my old age....yippie.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I believe in liberty of action, until that action is harmful to others and impedes other's liberty and HEALTH.

I also believe anyone can be afraid of death. But when your fear of death impedes on my LIFE and HEALTH and Liberty, we have a big freaking problem.

@ just an allusion and the like

Your terrified by terrorists. You lose.

No one has ever said that x-rays were not harmful,...

Yes. You did, foolish troll. And there have been many others.

Come on now, do you REALLY think they would condone, let alone allow, the installation of devices that would cause the promotion of cancer in people?

Yes. They do. Mostgovernments of the world participate in CONSPIRACIES with multinational conglomerates and swindle trillions of $$$ by means of WAR(Military industrial complex- showers theEarth with depleted uranium and other toxins with VERY long half-lives, OPPRESSION(when peaceful assembling people are met with police force, the passive Ghandi way is only met with more force. Where does that end?) , SLAVERY (debt. forgiveness has never existed in the beurocratic.),

dirty bomb

When was the last intentionally dirty bomb set off in the US or the world? The amount of radiation(toxins in general) exposure from security will and DOES EXCEED any radiation caused by your dirty bomb.

I am free to peaceably protest in public places.

3 words
FREE SPEECH ZONE
What, if not governement corruption and resulting corrupt oppressive policy, the hell do YOU bother protesting?
You should read about the use of force against the PITTSBURGH PROTESTERS OF THE G20 MEETING. FOLKS LIKE THAT ARE THE TRUE AMERICAN HEROES FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOMS.

...entangling alliances with none.

I...
I...
I...
I...
I know there are some who have come into contact with an overbearing, jerk cop

If you ask anyone near me, "who is more likely to hurt or kill you. Muslim Fanatic or Police?" Well lets just say I've never even met a "Muslim Fanatic". Have you? At least an assailant can be shot in self defense. If I kill a cop in Self Defense, I could never be righteous in the eyes of the state.

baltimorechronicle.com...

Your terror is admission of defeat.

Everyone Dies.
Accept this truth and you will be set free.

Just try and bring one of these into my favorite neighborhood. MY people would consider this a declaration of WAR. As another poster mention war has been upon us for too long. We are bombarded from every angle, every environment, ecosystem, product, food, land sea and air. Our beautiful planet is being destroyed by our irresponsible consumption and here we are as ignorant bystanders.

I hate doomsday prophesy but if we don't "wake up" and "take action" then our childeren will inherit our worst nightmares.

May the engines of every machine of war fill with honey and seize.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

I saw a video and article a couple of years ago on License plate reading technology.

Yeah. This type of gadgetry is commonly used by repo-agencies. About a week ago. I was pulling security at a nice little upscale apartment complex. I was sitting inside the guard-station. And this one gentleman driving a black Ford Crown Victoria. I want to say it was probably an 07 model, equipped with a grill-protector/push-bumper, spot-light, plus cameras and all sorts of other electronic equipment attached to it that I never really seen before. But among them, what I did recognize was exactly what you mentioned--cameras w/ plate reading tech. And I could have sworn that they also doubled as thermal-imagery tech as well. Because I peered inside the car, looking at the laptop attached to a pedestal-mount next to the driver. On the laptop I could see a little section of the screen with four little windows open that had lot of neat little colors on it. (Like in the movie "Predator". Whenever they show scenes where you see what the Predator sees? Kinda like that.) Anyways the gentleman showed me his ID w/o me asking for it, plus a calling card for the company he was with. But I didn't let him in because I had strict orders from the apartment-manager not to let in anybody with a tow-truck or anybody who was associated with any type of repo-agency.

[edit on 8/26/10 by Marked One]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by just an allusion

My friend at my age I can not longer "afford" to be "emotional" I have lived long enough to see 5 decades of our nations buy out government and profit ridden private entities take over.

Wake up and smell the deceptions, big pharma love and our corporate ridden run government love people just like you, me I am just the pesky anarchist that know and question too much.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

My friend at my age I can not longer "afford" to be "emotional" I have lived long enough to see 5 decades of our nations buy out government and profit ridden private entities take over.

Wake up and smell the deceptions, big pharma love and our corporate ridden run government love people just like you, me I am just the pesky anarchist that know and question too much.

Nice....

Too bad more people talk more than they act. Good on ya.

[edit on 8/26/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by just an allusion
reply to post by marg6043

No one has ever said that x-rays were not harmful, rather, that they are a 'necessary evil' tolerated as a means of preventing or circumventing a potentially serious/terminal ailment, you know, like the religious fanatic Jihadist wearing plastique boxers.

Try just thinking about it BEFORE you jump to emotionally charged conclusions.

So we agree that X-rays are dangerous - actually very dangerous.

It's just a risk-benefit analysis, right?

You're saying the risks of causing widespread cancer/chronic disease are worth the benefit of catching terrorists.

I say the primary benefit is profit to American Science and Engineering, Inc., derived by expanding their market for this system.

...The original market was airports, container ships and the like. A limited market. So they put the system in a van, and now they're marketing the device as mobile, designed to "protect the safety of the streets."

Thereby, opening up an unlimited market. Think about it. The world is chock full of streets. ...And unwanted people.

So the secondary benefit is population reduction.

Two birds with one stone: Profit and Population Reduction.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

You get x-rays at the dentist, x-rays at the hospital for a broken limb, x-rays for your internal organs, x-rays for your brain, x-rays, x-rays, x-rays all of our lives from childbirth to just before death...And no one's dead yet.

Sorry, but you, like others here, are over-exaggerating the situation and blowing the occurrence WAY out of proportion in relation to the irrefutable benefit that x-rays are, have and will likely always be to mankind.

Please, try to be a bit more realistic.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Well, I'm not 50 or so, but I DO know that it is our elected officials duly elected responsibility to the country which they are charged with governing to protect it's constituents, it's people and, in all honesty, it's actually comforting to see the government implementing technologies that should have been employed LONG ago, technologies that would have prevented any numbers of needless deaths.

Sure, it makes for great fodder for conjecture and supposition, but the irrefutable, unquestionable fact of the matter is that we now live in a safer country because of the scanners, one wherein it is a little less worrisome to send our children off to school for an education, one in which there's no worries grabbing a coffee or tea at a local vendor or dining out with friends or loved ones...In short, this country is just that much more of a safer place to live and raise a family in.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 16grit

I do NOT "fear" terrorists, if anything, I am concerned for those that fall victim to their religious fanaticism/zealotry/anarchistic fascism/subverted ideologies and misplaced God complexes.

But I do NOT "fear".

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You get x-rays at the dentist, x-rays at the hospital for a broken limb, x-rays for your internal organs, x-rays for your brain, x-rays, x-rays, x-rays all of our lives from childbirth to just before death...And no one's dead yet.

Please, try to be a bit more realistic.

NO ONES DEAD YET???

You cant honestly believe the crap youre spewing...Exposure to X-RAYS AKA RADIATION causes change at cellular level. A controlled exposure at the dentists office includes a 40lb lead vest to protect your goddamn internal organs, dumbass!

Contraband is what? Its what someone else doesnt want you to have. Contraband could be considered...oh lets say a naturally growing plant that produces psychotropic effects when burned and the smoke inhaled that was originally made "contraband" as a way to protect investments in the papermilling industry.

If RPG's werent considered contraband i'd probably own 1. And i probably wouldnt use it in committing a crime either...But its still contraband and even though you have no reason to believe i have an RPG i still deserve to be searched for one!

[edit on 27-8-2010 by BingeBob]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I have to laugh at his last post, sofi, either is a troll or just somebody that have not reasons to research and learn and just having a good time creating a none winning debate.

You know what I am talking about.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

Geez...Paranoid much?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

P.S. BTW, I am well aware of the ill-advised, Machiavellian machinations of the pharmacological industries' impact on our World...H1N1 anyone"?"

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I have to laugh at his last post, sofi, either is a troll or just somebody that have not reasons to research and learn and just having a good time creating a none winning debate.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by marg6043]

Oh come on now, don't encourage them, sheesh!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

...or else he's a writer trying to suck someone else into doing his research for him - or maybe a "marketing assistant" assigned to Internet damage control in the New Product Promotion Department - or perhaps just a run-of-the-mill ignoramus.

But yeah, I DO know what you're talking about.

.....I just try to share what I know, block the BS if I can, and help out where possible. If nothing else, it's a keep-me-on-my-toes strategy to protect and preserve 'cognitive function.'

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Nothing better than good sources and research to prove a point rather than emotions, I know how hard you work on what you post.

I always welcome your input.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Nothing better than good sources and research to prove a point rather than emotions, I know how hard you work on what you post.

I always welcome your input.

Seriously people, I feel that you are exaggerating the incidence of occurrence as a means of demonizing a benign technology that has irrefutably beneficial consequences for everyone, but you're just interested in sensationalizing the matter solely for the sake of argument.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Seriously people, I feel that you are exaggerating the incidence of occurrence as a means of demonizing a benign technology that has irrefutably beneficial consequences for everyone, but you're just interested in sensationalizing the matter solely for the sake of argument.

Benign? Sensationalizing the matter solely for the sake of argument?

Clearly you missed this info, posted earlier:

Radiation from X-rays is quite dangerous. Old news. Medicine: X-Ray Danger:

Too much radiation at one body site can cause skin conditions resembling severe burns or local cancers. Widely distributed over the body so that it penetrates much of the blood-forming marrow, excessive radiation can cause leukemia. If it strikes the gonads (ovaries or testicles), excessive radiation—i.e., by best estimate, beyond 10 roentgens*—can cause mutations in the genes, which, in turn, may mean deformities in the patient's descendants. Dangers, by sites: ...

The sensible conclusion is that patients would be foolish to forgo needed X rays, especially when given by a doctor or dentist who knows his business and his dosages, and would be still more foolish to expose themselves to needless X rays.

And yeah, I REALLY think they would condone, and certainly allow, the installation of devices that would cause the promotion of cancer in people.

Heads up, THEY DON'T CARE!!!

Sounds more like the fear mongering being propagated by those individuals with something to hide .....

Stale ad hominem.

Scientists Say No Level Of Radiation "Safe"

More quick clips:

There is no question that accumulated exposure to X-rays can cause cancer. In fact, ionizing radiation—the technology used in mammography and other X-ray imaging—is the only known cause of breast cancer.

X-Ray Visionary: John Gofman and the Patients’ Right-to-Know Project

An estimated 29,000 future cancers could be linked to scans performed in 2007:

Commonly performed CT scans are exposing patients to far more radiation than previously thought and in doses that could cause tens of thousands of cancers a year, two new studies claim.

Based on the findings, reported in the Dec. 14/28 issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine, the study authors, joined by Archives editor Dr. Rita F. Redberg, are calling on clinicians to limit radiation exposure to patients.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join