It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH? a 2nd sun?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So I was minding my own business when a friend send me some clips of people claiming that there is a second sunlike object neer the sun. Some may call it niburu or what ever.
As I looked at their videos I couldn't help but think solarflare or lens flare.
But some of these video's really seem convincing.

What is your opinion?

A 2nd Sun or Photoshop?

2nd sun movie 1

2nd sun movie 2

2nd sun movie 3
2nd sun movie 4

these are just but a few of the clips and movies of people claming to see a second sun or planetoid neer the sun.
I just took a look outside and made some pictures, but kant find anything. I will try it at dusk and tomorrow at dawn. These seem to be the times best used to look for this phenomenon.

Now I am not saying this is real or that I fully believe what is being shown. But the idea and the fact that so many people seem to catch this really interests me.
Anybody know what is up with this?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This has been beat to death here. No second sun, No nibiru. Non-event. They are gonna be all over you any time now.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I can almost hear the hive of debunkers mobilising off in the distance. This has been covered repeatedly, the search box is your friend.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Some interesting video's there, not sure you could attribute them all to lens flare or sundogs. It'll be interesting to see what the more 'in the know' ATSers think.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I really wanted to let go, but i'll behave...I still want my 10 minutes back.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This whole Nibru situation reminds me of FFVII, where Sephiroth summoned a giant meteor to destroy the planet. The videos you linked could be explained by a number of things; breaks in clouds, the moon, and planets like Jupiter and sometimes visible with the naked eye, I'm sure there are many explanations out there that don't involve a gargantuan planet on a collision course with Earth. Or maybe this is Sephiroth's doing? Damn you Sephiroth!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Nathan-D]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
go outside and take a look at the sky.. you will notice that there is only one sun. it's been this way since you were born, if you didn't notice.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective1

These claims are just to...........silly to believe even long enough to make it through one of your links.
You don't think something that large would have been seen by every person on the planet by now? How about the way it seems to pop up and be not visible one second, but visible the next, like the last video claims? No anything that large that can more that fast? Or be that big and not be effected by or effect the sun and solar system?
Such claims are silly, made by people who don't understand the forces at work and believed by people who don't want to take the time to research and actually learn something.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
o god not another one of these. do people know we have two planets between us and the sun. look at a sky map first before posting to make sure your not filming planets.

These planets can appear really bright because they are so close to the sun. they would look like a 2nd sun almost.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I love how Nibru is always behind the sun.

FYI, the earth isent the center of our solar system.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
go outside and take a look at the sky.. you will notice that there is only one sun. it's been this way since you were born, if you didn't notice.

Ha! I had noticed but if you spend enough time on ATS you can quickly forget!

Thanks for the perfect reminder.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
This has been beat to death here. No second sun, No nibiru. Non-event. They are gonna be all over you any time now.

With the currents things happening to earth, i may believe in a second sun, not to mention the moon has been acting weird these past days.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

how is the moon acting weird? i look at the skys almost ever night tracking planets and the moon. please explane.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I myself am not an astrolocologist or whatever it is you stargazers are called, however I did have an awesome idea about how to see the "second sun".
For anyone who wants to see it you do not look at a Youboob movie with harsh overglare and a spooky soundtrack.
Here is what you do....
Get some welding goggles and see if there is a second sun out there.
Ok ok I know brown dwarf and different light / spectrum non visible thingymobobby yeah yeah.
I see no second sun.
Problem solved and no overglare.
What would any of you do if there was a BIG planet about to crash into earth anyway?
Would you live better or would you discuss how scared you were about what you cannot control?
Live folks!
Just my 2 inflated err hyperinflated cents.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by damwel

With the currents things happening to earth, i may believe in a second sun, not to mention the moon has been acting weird these past days.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

How does the moon act weird? Astronomy and the motion of planets visible with simple telescopes from Earth are some of the best understood things in all of the natural sciences. We've been tracking the moon, sun and other stars since before recorded history. The length of the day, lunar cycles and our motion around the sun have formed the basis for our human understanding of time.

Any major change in either the motion of the moon or our motion around the sun would be instantly recognizable by almost everyone on earth and would be all over every single media outlet that exists.

The emergence of a second sun is the stuff that episodes of Doctor Who could be written about, but to think that such a thing has happened without any but a handful of people noticing is one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
ahh love the disinfo from people. Make the Nibiru followers look stupid by doing stuff like this. But then again one day what if it did happen? Things don't last forever you know.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Here we go again

Ok

1. Lens flare

2. Lens flare

3. Lens flare

4. Sundog

5. Is definently the moon. You can tell its a time lapse camera due to the speed of the shakiness of the guy filming.

Im not a photography expert, but Im pretty sure most the guys here that are would call the first 3 lens flares, (we've seen it so many times in the past). I do however know about weather and that fourth one is a sundog. Caused when sunlight refracts and diffracts of ice based clouds or transparent ice crystals in the air

Here's a link for sundogs and other halo phenomena. You may want to familiarise yourself with them as they are commonly identified as "other" things (such as nibiru :@@

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Please look up sun dog and solar halo.

Or better yet, click these links:

Sun dog: en.wikipedia.org...

Solar halo: en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a picture for you. Enjoy:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a44c932b8c77.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

You don't think something that large would have been seen by every person on the planet by now?

Yeah, you'd think, huh? I'd like an explanation myself, because I actually did see TWO suns in 2003. I didn't understand what I was looking at, but it blew my mind. I just stood and stared at it as the suns went down. So, is this second sun behind the sun or are we moving into a sister dimension or is that even possible? There must be a reason for the sun's white appearance.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

Well, sundogs are very common at sunset, due to the angle of the sun. In fact almost all sundogs are seen when the sun is low on the horizon. This is what you probably saw.

If there was a second sun, you would eventually be able to see it anyway. Nothing is able to completely be obscured by our own sun, unless its orbiting the sun at the exact same speed as the Earth, which is quite unlikely. (Thats taking into account the size and distance of the object)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join