It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH? a 2nd sun?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think this has been debunked.

Again.

If there were an object as large as the one in these videos near our sun, there would be a major 'wobble' with our sun as the second object's gravitational pull tugged on it. This is the method we use to find planets revolving around distant stars. That wobble would be very noticeable on the many telescopes and satellites directed at the sun.

But pretending for one second that a second object does exist, there are really only two possibilities as to how long it has been here:

1: It is moving into our solar system

2: It has always been here

If this second object was moving towards our solar system, it would not only get caught up in the gravitational field of the sun and not collide with Earth, as the theories suggest, but it would also have an effect on the gravitational field of the sun that we here on Earth would notice.

If this second object has always been here, don't you think someone would have noticed it by now? And why wouldn't it have been included in our teachings about the solar system? If it has always been here, it makes as much sense to lie about it's existence as it does to lie about Jupiter's existence. Not to mention this 'conspiracy' to hide the existence of this second object would had to have been hatched thousands of years ago as astronomy is a fairly old practice.

There's simply nothing to this. It makes no sense with what we know about gravity. I don't claim we know all there is to know, but I think we have a basic enough understanding of how the Universe works to know that this is not possible.

[edit on 8/25/10 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Onboard2

Well, sundogs are very common at sunset, due to the angle of the sun. In fact almost all sundogs are seen when the sun is low on the horizon. This is what you probably saw.

If there was a second sun, you would eventually be able to see it anyway. Nothing is able to completely be obscured by our own sun, unless its orbiting the sun at the exact same speed as the Earth, which is quite unlikely. (Thats taking into account the size and distance of the object)

That makes sense to me, but can you explain the brilliant, white appearance of the sun, because it's not normal.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What I saw couldn't have been formed by ice crystals, because it was in late summer.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
What I saw couldn't have been formed by ice crystals, because it was in late summer.

Just because it is summer, does not mean that ice crystals will not form at high altitudes. Im not talking about ice crystals at ground level, im talking about in between 20,000 to 40,000ft, where cirrus clouds (please google it so you can educate yourself) form.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Come on, man.... Seriously?

I know not everyone is an Earth science expert but surely you knew what he was referring to when he said ice crystals.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Another thing I haven't seen mentioned yet... Don't you think a second sun would be just a wee bit noticeable during a solar eclipse?

Maybe the second moon is blocking that sun as well...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Stupe]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Has anyone even noticed that the op never posted after the start of the thread,.
Hmmmm
I have stated this so many times before , that many of the new posters are not doing any research before searching
it is like an internet version of turrets

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
ahh love the disinfo from people. Make the Nibiru followers look stupid by doing stuff like this. But then again one day what if it did happen? Things don't last forever you know.

If there is in fact a rogue planet speeding towards Earth at fantastic speeds that every single astronomer from the Stone Age Britons until today from college professors to hobbyists have somehow missed, well we'll all be killed. And there really isn't anything anyone can do about it.

However what if I am secretly The Batman? That's just about as likely.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Come on, man.... Seriously?

I know not everyone is an Earth science expert but surely you knew what he was referring to when he said ice crystals.

You are definitely correct. I am not an earth scientist. I do pay attention to my prophetic dreams. Something is going on with the sun. Oddly, I know this sounds WAY OUT! I was shown that we are moving into a 'sister' dimension. In the third scene, the sun is much brighter and shining from the North and it is hot! It's now SUPER bright and people think this is normal!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

Okay well forgive me if I believe the millions (if not billions) of professional and amateur astronomers who have studied the skies since the beginning of time over your 'prophetic dreams'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join