It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Pitt says he’d consider death penalty for those responsible for the BP oil disaster

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ekiusa

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by psilo simon

Have you ever said something that a 90 year old would find shocking like "Bloody Ell?"

Not everything people say has a literal meaning and when it comes to getting emotional and upset, angry over the worst disaster of our lifetimes, it is natural as hell to over react and use words and terms that people will either get or not.

I think I get what he meant and do not take what he said any more literary than if he had said " I am so upset I could die"...

Woud you be an likly Yulian Assange type or sheep or otherwise....???

You had a pint an i tead it tnx all is well.....!!!You KNOw!!!

Peace,
E

last line wasnt mine.....
you see they are controlling everything

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
In other news, Malcolm Briscombe ( who's views have equal relevance on this subject ), says that those responsible for the BP oil disaster should not face the death penalty.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by psilo simon

Have you ever said something that a 90 year old would find shocking like "Bloody Ell?"

Not everything people say has a literal meaning and when it comes to getting emotional and upset, angry over the worst disaster of our lifetimes, it is natural as hell to over react and use words and terms that people will either get or not.

I think I get what he meant and do not take what he said any more literary than if he had said " I am so upset I could die"...

Woud you be an likly Yulian Assange type or sheep or otherwise....???

You had a pint an i tead it tnx all is well.....!!!You KNOw!!!

Peace,
E

last line wasnt mine.....
you see they are controlling everything

# the CIA and USa
i live in VEnezuela now and i dondt give a #......!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
and i should care about Brad Pitt's opinion... why?

sorry, i know its been said already, but...

seriously. He's an actor looking for free publicity.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A lot of Brad Pitt hate on this thread for no good reason.

Brad Pitt and Jolie live in New Orleans. They moved there after Katrina because they were upset with the lack of rebuilding efforts and wanted to raise awareness. Since then, Pitt has contributed his own money, time and raised money and awareness for the people of New Orleans. He builds affordable housing and is a champion for the city.

To see all his hard work possibly wasted because of the BP disaster is probably a very frustrating ordeal.

I may be going out on a limb here, but Pitt and Jolie have likely done more for humanity through their charities and projects than all of the ATS members combined. Feel free to prove me wrong...but I wont hold my breath since most of you haters can't bother to look up why Pitt is even news worthy.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Asperglar]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
*swoons* oh Brad Pitt sexy and cares about the environment. Angie is just too lucky, Jen Aniston was luckier she had him when he was cute and sexy.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asperglar

Brad Pitt and Jolie live in New Orleans. They moved there after Katrina because they were upset with the lack of rebuilding efforts and wanted to raise awareness. Since then, Pitt has contributed his own money, time and raised money and awareness for the people of New Orleans. He builds affordable housing and is a champion for the city.

Where abouts in New Orleans ?

I'm sure, because they care so much about the citizens, it must be somewhere right in the heart of the less well-off neighbourhoods.

Or maybe...

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt purchased this early-1830s masonry mansion in the French Quarter of New Orleans two years ago.
Real estate records show the house was purchased for $3.5 million in cash on January 2, 2007.
The house has a grand spiral staircase, elevator, gourmet kitchen, a large private courtyad and a separate two-story guest house. It also has private parking for two cars – a luxury in the French Quarter.

www.bittenandbound.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

*sarcasm on
Wow. Your investigative powers have proven that Brad Pitt isn't the person I claimed him to be in my previous post. I stand corrected. I had no idea that a guy that makes millions would ever buy a house that would be so expensive.

Hopefully you'll forgive him for deceiving everyone into thinking he gave two craps about our country, the State of Louisiana, the city of New Orleans and the living conditions of the poor. I know I can't forgive or forget since you spent all of 2 flipping seconds to look up that bit of relevant data.

Perhaps the other poster was correct is stating that we should put Pitt to death. BP on the other hand should not be held responsible for the possible decimation of a food supply, the economy of Louisiana and the health of people that live next to, eat from and survive off of the Gulf.
*sarcasm off

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Asperglar]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Asperglar

I can't speak for Mister Holmes, but i think it speaks volumes about ourselves and our culture that we hold up rich celebrities opinion's as being more valid, or more worthy of attention than scientists, politicians, and policy-makers, etc.

So, Brad thinks we should kill people? Really? is that his specific stance on this issue, and under what authority would he like to see this sort of thing accomplished?

Would we murder them in the state of Texas, where they have a lot of practice doing that sort of thing in the name of the state? OR would we do it in DC, giving the feds that special oil-spill murder authority?

I mean, it's great Brad Pitt has an opinion. Really. But it's kinda pitiful that we hold it as an opinion of value just cuz he's on the teevee and has teh sexxy abs.

Not that I have anything against great abs. And I loved him in True Romance!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I don't think it's hate in all cases. Some. Not mine.
I don't come to ATS for Brad Pitts opinion though, it's completely
unnecessary and belongs in People magazine or BTS.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Brad Pitt is a fool and those who treat him seriously are idiots.

He's apparently turned his back on Christianity and has turned into a Pagan or Wicca as a Mother Earth worshiper.

You can not relate an oil leak with the death penalty unless you are either a religious zealot or just a nut basket. I'm leaning towards the later.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Brad Pitt is a stupid useless moron. The only one who should face the Death Penalty is him, 1) for making such sh** movies 2) for buying children for publicity and 3) for having more pot holes in his face than the moon has on its surface.

He is a thick Hollywood puppet with a bought and paid for family.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I had no idea that a guy that makes millions would ever buy a house that would be so expensive.

I had no idea that a guy that makes millions could ever have the gall to pretend to be concerned, and feign mock compassion, for residents of his city, after he bought an expensive house in a neighbourhood nowhere near the people in the city, that were affected by hurricane Katrina.

Hopefully you'll forgive him for deceiving everyone into thinking he gave two craps about our country, the State of Louisiana, the city of New Orleans and the living conditions of the poor. I know I can't forgive or forget since you spent all of 2 flipping seconds to look up that bit of relevant data.

Of course he doesn't give a flying toss about the people of New Orleans or Louisiana, but fake compassion is good; it shows all his plastic fans what good ''caring'' people he, and his wife, are ( remember all those ''trophy babies'' ?
).

Pitt and Jolie are nothing more than media-whores, who'll jump on the next ''worthy cause'', because they have a pang of conscience, but not enough of one to actually do anything remarkable ( ie. Do something worthy, without cameras rolling ).

Perhaps the other poster was correct is stating that we should put Pitt to death. BP on the other hand should not be held responsible for the possible decimation of a food supply, the economy of Louisiana and the health of people that live next to, eat from and survive off of the Gulf.

I don't believe in the death penalty.

But, if it did have to be used, then I would regard the execution of the likes of Pitt as collateral damage.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Death penalty might be a bit much.

But i'd quite happily sit back and watch the greedy bastards cleaning up the beaches, apologising to every single fisherman and trauler and dealing with the waves and waves of dead animals and fish.

Yes, that's the only way they would learn something from this fiasco. When the Americans had the Germans living next to the camps bury the Jewish corpses, it gave them a good lesson.
However, nobody deserves death penalty. Never, in any case.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
I'm still trying to figure out who he is. He seems to hae been in the entertainment indystry but is now a has been??? Where did he graduate from?

He starred in a film (Fight Club) that excessively bashed the concept of "movie gods", and then became one immediately afterwards.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yes.
'
Because everyone on this website really cares what Brad Pitt thinks... And because Brad Pitt is obviously an authority on this topic?

Seriously who cares!?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Nip

It would be great to see Julie and Ashley do interviews with people like Spike and Brad in the future, but this makes it next to impossible for that to happen when they are drug through the gutters by unknown members and trashed for standing up against ther injustice of the worst catastrophy of our generation.

Tuck

So that would be a greater catastrophy than the current floods and death in Pakistan would it? I assume you meant to add 'man made' to that line. And why exactly is Brad Pitts opinion of any value apart from being the hypothetical man on the street? What does his opinion add to the mix? Brad smokes, should we all smoke? Brad cheated on his wife, shall we add that to the mix? Brad often has a very ill advised beard - do we all stop shaving?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
who cares what brad pitt thinks? what is he some kind of scientist now? let's ask him what his exit strategy for iraq and afghanistan is.. oh wait, he is just a stupid celebrity and his opinion doesn't matter. save celebrity news for us weekly.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Uh oh... Mr & Mrs Smith are pissed off. Watch out! Brad was in Troy as Achilles... that`s EXACTLY what we need right now people! I`m soo serial! Mr. Smith-chilles Durden to the rescue! (cue the superman theme... or rather, mighty mouse might be more appropriate...) It`s amazing how these celebrities lie low avoiding paparazzos and living their lives of luxery and then just pop up out of nowhere with some "deep" comments about our situation so that the "sleeple" can feel like that "people in high places are taking care of this and making sure this never happens again..." which way didee go george? which WAY didee go?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
who cares what brad pitt thinks? what is he some kind of scientist now?

I have to agree with you on this. I not sure who I am more disgusted with....

1) The celebs themselves who seem to to think that thier fame and popularity gives them some sort of richeous moral and ethical athourity

or

2) The fools in the general public who hang on thier every word and treat thier mumbligs like gospel. I have special contempt for those who take medical advice fromt hem. Hey Jenny McCarthy, how much blood is on your hands because of your vaccine nonsence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join