It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Pitt says he’d consider death penalty for those responsible for the BP oil disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I dont understand all of the comments bashing "brangelina"..i don't know the man, nor do I care what he thinks. but the reality is he reaches the masses. at least its sending a message to a few folks at least...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar.....

On the one hand.....

I am a huge fan of Brad Pitt's work in the movies.

On the other hand.....

His comment is one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard made by a "movie star".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Made me think of this:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Brad Pitt says he’d consider death penalty for those responsible for the BP oil disaster

August 23rd, 2010 at 07:15 PM

Spike Lee’s lens stays on Gulf region with ‘If God is Willing’, USA Today, August, 20, 2010:

Reflecting on those responsible for the oil spill, Pitt can barely contain his contempt.

“I was never for the death penalty before,” he says. “I am willing to look at it again.”

Brad Pitt is ‘willing to look at the death penalty’

Read more:

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

I have 3 words...only!
Brad Pitt is nuts...!!!
F..k illuminatti....!!!

peace,
e

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Oh my! The liberal lefties must be loving this...since they take their orders and the morales from Hollywood...of course rapists, killers, and child molesters don't deserve the death penalty - only BP executives who were dependent on underlings to make the right calls...Brad Pitt - Hollywood jackass.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ekiusa

August 23rd, 2010 at 07:15 PM

Spike Lee’s lens stays on Gulf region with ‘If God is Willing’, USA Today, August, 20, 2010:

Reflecting on those responsible for the oil spill, Pitt can barely contain his contempt.

“I was never for the death penalty before,” he says. “I am willing to look at it again.”

Brad Pitt is ‘willing to look at the death penalty’

Read more:

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

I have 3 words...only!
Brad Pitt is nuts...!!!
F..k illuminatti....!!!

peace,
e

sorry 4 words
peace
e

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Is Brad Pit a politician? No
Is Brad Pit a judge? No
Is Brad Pit a lawyer? No

Does anyone care what he says about this?

Sadly yes, especially when he seems to display MORE SENSE then any of those kinds of folks you list...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Lets reserve judgement until his part in the Spike Lee documentary airing tonight on HBO.

Sometimes people say things that are from a more informed vantage point than the ordinary Joe and I suspect that this is the case here.

I also think that the words behind what he said are for punch and dramatic shock value, he means from his very core and deepest instinct and gets it across in the best way the moment calls for.

Brad is in a strong position to extract a huge change in msm attention by his harsh and nessisary words.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy

Is Brad Pit a judge? No
Is Brad Pit a lawyer? No

Sadly yes, especially when he seems to display MORE SENSE then any of those kinds of folks you list...

If i had acces of that kind of money i sure do.......i had once but nothing compare mr.Pitt.....hiporacy at the level 10 i think.....!!!
Lets do something realbut listening patsys ok...my friends.....!!!

Peace,
e

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy

Is Brad Pit a judge? No
Is Brad Pit a lawyer? No

If i had acces of that kind of money i sure do.......i had once but nothing compare mr.Pitt.....hiporacy at the level 10 i think.....!!!
Lets do something realbut listening patsys ok...my friends.....!!!

Peace,
e

Global movement an GlobalParty of Independence starts here and
now.......!I ama not the leader and dont wanna bebut somrthing has
to be done and will be.....!!!

If you are any of man
overthetre lets do it not
just talking.....

Peace,
e

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The death penalty indeed.

Well, I don`t have much opinion on Brad Pitt, although he is entitled to his opinion, and being a celebrity (cringe at the concept) his opinions have a chance of being circulated virally, whether by chance or design.

But, if anyone wants to kill someone, then it`s clear there are issues to be dealt with.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon
[more

Fox whats the matter with you
imternet is very powerful tool

lets used it for Godssake.....!

Peace,
e

link   
Who 'are' you posters on this thread? Does this have something to do with yesterdays thread I had dumped into BTS to 'dissapear'?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

link   
The fact that this is even newsworthy says alot about America, seriously who cares.

Why is this on ATS?, thought we were above magazine trash.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Who 'are' you posters on this thread? Does this have something to do with yesterdays thread I had dumped into BTS to 'dissapear'?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

no i am not tnxfor intres,but if you cannot tallk and understand
thats ok allso

peace,
e

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Whats so hard to undersatand situacion,do you people dont have barains anymore or what.....???Or solamente we can reply in there site thats it f....ing pussys...????

Peace,
E

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Have you ever said something that a 90 year old would find shocking like "Bloody Ell?"

Not everything people say has a literal meaning and when it comes to getting emotional and upset, angry over the worst disaster of our lifetimes, it is natural as hell to over react and use words and terms that people will either get or not.

I think I get what he meant and do not take what he said any more literary than if he had said " I am so upset I could die"...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Have you ever said something that a 90 year old would find shocking like "Bloody Ell?"

Not everything people say has a literal meaning and when it comes to getting emotional and upset, angry over the worst disaster of our lifetimes, it is natural as hell to over react and use words and terms that people will either get or not.

I think I get what he meant and do not take what he said any more literary than if he had said " I am so upset I could die"...

You had a pint an i tead it tnx all is well.....!!!You KNOw!!!

Peace,
E

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Woud you be an likly Yulian Assange type or sheep or otherwise....???

You had a pint an i tead it tnx all is well.....!!!You KNOw!!!

Peace,
E

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Man where are the Mods in this thread? Seems like I am on some list because anytime I even snark a line at someone on the boards I get in big trouble, whats going on ATS? Where are you?

It would be great to see Julie and Ashley do interviews with people like Spike and Brad in the future, but this makes it next to impossible for that to happen when they are drug through the gutters by unknown members and trashed for standing up against ther injustice of the worst catastrophy of our generation.

I dont appreciate the direction this thread has gone and am sorry that members who have responded are not mature enough or connected enough to know the difference between some really good people in Hollywood verse the trash politicians who are the dirt.

This issue needs to be addressed by as many celebrities as will stand up. Support them when they do!!!

The way members have reacted here is a travesty.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join