It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Pitt says he’d consider death penalty for those responsible for the BP oil disaster

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i just do not understand how unarmed citizens have the experience necessary to actually know how to fight. americans have lots of guns that is no secret, and many of us knew how to field strip a gun before we knew how to do basic algebra. plus you guys have stupid accents.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well another of antar's good intentions thrown to the dogs of Ats. Why dont we just move this one to bts as well people? It has become apparent that the celebrity status has once again become the topic and not the real reason for this thread which is the possibility of something being done about this horrific political disaster finding the msm and the public eye through celebrity personalities as the scientists and researchers, standalone reporters and numerous individuals who are no names have been shoved to the Pitts of msm much like the bts chitchat?

Wow, the real reason for this thread is the "possibility of something being done about this horrific disaster?" Like what? The death penalty?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

At no point did I say they didn't give to charity - but lets face it for every dollar they give, they make a few more - and I can't wait for the new brad pitt movie about the oil spill, where the climax will see him bursting into the company HQ and opening fire on the top execs! Sorry for the sarcasm, but they tend to highlight causes that they intend to make movies about, extrapolate from that what you will...in fact Ange was in Bosnia the other day talking about how sad she was about the refugee problem there, and to talk to producers about making a film! Wonder if she'll donate her paycheck from that?

But enough of the debate about the jolie-pitt's , you obviously think highly of Brad and Ange, I have seen another side of them (not personally of course, but just through hearing about them over the years) and to be honest I can't be bothered wasting another minute talking about them, I posted on this thread because I just couldn't believe the hypocrisy of people actually agreeing with the totally moronic ramblings of Brad, the great humanitarian (cough) wanting to put BP executives to death for the oil spill, whilst singularly ignoring so many other evils carried out in the name of oil!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
i just do not understand how unarmed citizens have the experience necessary to actually know how to fight. americans have lots of guns that is no secret, and many of us knew how to field strip a gun before we knew how to do basic algebra. plus you guys have stupid accents.

Yep you just sum up how our stereotypical view of most Americans as gun totting, illiterate rednecks with a blood thirst and unhealthy delusions of grandeur.
Wow you can strip a gun how remarkably clever of you.
And you think we have silly accents but Americans don't? That is just pure comedy gold.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Actually, I am not particularly a fan of either one of them.

With that said, of course they will make a movie to line their pockets, because that is how they earn a living.

When you say his opinion doesn't matter though, because you see them as globe trotting gas guzzlers, he is still a human being, who has a right to make his opinion known, even if he has an ulterior motive.

The fact they return so much of their income back to charities is commendable. For that reason they gain my respect.

As I said before though, what is sad, is his voice happens to be louder than a simple resident of the gulf coast. It's no better or worse, it just drowns out the actual voice of the people who live there. I just moved back to Louisiana from Gulfport last week, and was at the beach nearly every day to see what was going on for myself. I was at the beach, the day the oil rig exploded.

Believe me, one heck of a lot of gulf coast residents would like to see the people at the top of BP, or whomever was responsible for the disaster have their heads roll, literally. They just don't make headlines when they say it!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Yeah I had friends who lost family on Piper Alpha and I live and work in the oil industry here so I see 1st hand the safety improvements that came from the Piper Alpha tragedy.

I'm hoping a smilair inquiry into the GOM disaster will see a change of regulation in safety for the oil industry in the U.S as it did for the safety of the industry in Scotland.

Well said! there were huge improvements after that disaster, so lets just hope that it will have the same effect in this disaster!

And thanks for laughing at the moronic troll, saved me the bother of typing anything!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
This comment does not surprise me. He is a pot smoking, tree-hugging, hippie who gets to bang Angie.

Nothing wrong with any of that in my opinion

Actually, he's not a hippie..I grew up with him..he's a spoiled brat who was a jock/geek in high school. With bad acne.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I dont appreciate the direction this thread has gone and am sorry that members who have responded are not mature enough or connected enough to know the difference between some really good people in Hollywood verse the trash politicians who are the dirt.

This issue needs to be addressed by as many celebrities as will stand up. Support them when they do!!!

The way members have reacted here is a travesty.

Not mature enough or connected enough?

You are connected in Hollywood?

Or is it maturity that you are exibiting here?

Supporting celebrities? I wouldn't think that supporting wealthy ego cases that live in fantasyland was a sign of maturity anyway.

Hollywood would be the last place I'd ever think of seeing mature except for a movie rating.

Popular millionaire celebrity says let's kill someone and you want us all to stand up and support the idiot?

Doesn't really matter what he's incensed about or what kind of disaster it was, Hollywood doesn't set the standard for capital punishment

Matter of fact, Hollywood is all for protecting and freeing murderers, rapists, serial killers etcetera .... Now it's the death penalty for an oil spill?

Or should it just be an old fashioned Hollywood inspired lynch mob?

No sweat. Murder as many folks as Brad says to murder as long as it's to exact our revenge in the name of the new Earth-Mother religion.

That's ok right?

Travesty.....yeah that word does come to mind.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

First of all I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friends and family?

I also grew up as the Granddaughter of an Oil family. Old days...

I would love to hear more about your insights into the BP situation, if there are similarities I am so open to hearing them, I fear the worst from this and cant seem to settle down and just forget it like others seem to want to.

That is why I felt this thread was a good way to bring it back up and get people motivated to think, think anything but to not forget.

It would be so wonderful and enlightening if you could take the time to create a thread outlining the similarities and differences of both disasters.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
...and which of the evil BP people would that be, I wonder? Or do we just kill 'em all, and let God sort it out?

Catastrophe? Yes. Botched cleanup, in the opening stages? Yes, to that as well.

Accident? Oddly enough, it was that, as well. Were dangerous shortcuts taken in the process of operating, maintaining, and building that oil platform? Maybe yes, maybe no, an investigation will tell.

Death penalty case? Hardly. To call Pitts idea ludicrous would be to give it too much credence.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

You don't get it. This disaster has yet to unfold and the truths have been suppressed and will continue to be until the final hour of the culmination of this disaster when it strikes people down, and it most probably will, that's my opinion.

The damages are so much worse than you have wanted to see, the people who have suffered and lost their livelihoods, the maniacs who are in control of spending billions of pour tax payers money to pay off rather than correct this mess they made.

Yes travesty when ppl continue to stick their heads into the oil drenched sands.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

How many times have you placed emotionally charged words into your mouth and yet meant not literally what you said?

We all do, just as I have said he is as devastated as the rest of us, he spoke out loud, yes, How many times on THIS board have ppl said the same and worse? It was his way of expressing the inexpressible, he didn't mean to go gather up the CEOs and kill them. Sheeze.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Believe me, one heck of a lot of gulf coast residents would like to see the people at the top of BP, or whomever was responsible for the disaster have their heads roll, literally. They just don't make headlines when they say it!

yes, I agree, which is why I say Mr Pitt should think of something sensible and constructive to say and whilst I agree that the people in the area are understandbly upset, I'm sure even they wouldn't want to set a precedent where people who make mistakes during their working day are being put to death - jailed/fined etc for negligence yes, but death? You just never know when that type of thinking could backfire on you or one of your family!

But sorry, still don't agree that the jolie-pitts are commendable, they give a fraction of their huge wealth - personal wealth that puts the oil execs to shame - to charitable causes - 8mil from 13 mil still leaves 5 mil and that's just one years deposits to their foundation, not their personal bank accounts - these people earn 8 mil for one movie, and they make several a year (or so it seems!) and the only reason they have that money is that they are paid an excessive to the point of obscene amount of money for what they do...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by badgerprints

You don't get it.

The damages are so much worse than you have wanted to see,

Yes travesty when ppl continue to stick their heads into the oil drenched sands.

Yes. I actually do "Get it." but right now I'm actually more worried about the real world than kowtowing to Brad Pits hissy fits.

You, quite frankly, have no knowledge of what I want to see.

Some people may have their heads in the sand but that's no reason to take your behavioral cues from celebrities with their heads up their asses.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

wah i hate america waah get me some tissues. the only reason scotland never took anything over is because it sucks it doesn't have a real military and its not even a real country anyway

Wow, there are more words there than you have an IQ for - would you like your parents to make your posts for you in future?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You on the other hand are an arse. Anyway, so, BP (not British Petroleum, no such company exists) have committed millions to sort out their mess.... can I ask (cough) if settlements have been paid in full on the Exxon Valdez spill? Oh, that would be an American company wouldn't it?

I would never dream of sinking to such childish depths if I thought you were actually a sentient being.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Anyway, so, BP (not British Petroleum, no such company exists) have committed millions to sort out their mess.... can I ask (cough) if settlements have been paid in full on the Exxon Valdez spill? Oh, that would be an American company wouldn't it?

How very true

This is what I have found annoying, is the hypocrisy involved in this particular case, but you have hit the nail on the head there! Star for you (and for your comment to the moron)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
With comments like this coming from the entertainment industry there needs to be an amendment to the constitution: separation of state and Hollywood.

I liked him in Inglorious Basterds but he really showing the world he's a moron.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Man where are the Mods in this thread? Seems like I am on some list because anytime I even snark a line at someone on the boards I get in big trouble, whats going on ATS? Where are you?

It would be great to see Julie and Ashley do interviews with people like Spike and Brad in the future, but this makes it next to impossible for that to happen when they are drug through the gutters by unknown members and trashed for standing up against ther injustice of the worst catastrophy of our generation.

I dont appreciate the direction this thread has gone and am sorry that members who have responded are not mature enough or connected enough to know the difference between some really good people in Hollywood verse the trash politicians who are the dirt.

This issue needs to be addressed by as many celebrities as will stand up. Support them when they do!!!

The way members have reacted here is a travesty.

Oh honey, just say NO! to TMZ! Just say NO! to Perezhilton dot com!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm aware of that, thank you...

Mr. Pitt can practice hyperbole, so too, can I. He is welcome to his opinion. I just happen to disagree. That's all.

He would do well to remember, however, that some people, though the reason for it escapes me; will take his words seriously. Which could have, though unlikely, unfortunate repercussions.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join