It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican police to patrol NY to protect Mexicans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
"NEW YORK, New York — In a series of events which has caused wide notice and a storm of protests, the government of Mexico, through its consulate in New York in the United Nations, has announced it will begin patrolling the New York City borough of Staten Island to “safeguard” its nationals there"

They have also set up an office where Mexicans can report incidents of bias even if they are in the US illegally.

NY seems to be countering by increasing police presense in the subject area.

How crazy is this when a foriegn government can just set up a police force in the US?

www.americanfreepress.net...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
While I heard about these sort of attacks the other day on NPR and thought it was pretty damned sad that things are degenerating to that point, I find this action on the part of the Mexican government to be an offensive attack on US Sovereignty, assuming it is an accurate portrayal of events. How much more of this needs to happen before the US decides to protect it's nationhood?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This is just another attempt to further divide the lines of the American people. Hopefully most will see right through this and go about their lives. Im sure there will be some, I pray few, that will be provoked to start hating mexicans. But I for one can't hate myself so....

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It is very unclear what this means.

This news source, which is much less inflammatory than AFP, says "officials" will patrol the streets. That does not necessarily mean cops. I seriously doubt Mexican cops will be patrolling America streets anytime soon.

Mexican Officials to Patrol Staten Island Following Latest Bias Attack

This quote makes it a little clearer. Mexican authorities will work with American authorities. There is nothing new nor wrong with this. American officials always work with other countries' officials when Americans are attacked abroad. The FBI even sometimes sends agents to foreign countries. That is worse than this.

“We will act decisively in order to protect our citizens and will actively promote that those guilty of these vicious attacks are brought to justice expeditiously. We are working hand-in-hand with local authorities on all levels,” said Consul General of Mexico in New York, Ruben Beltran in an email to the Staten Island Advance.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The article you posted is misleading. The Mexican police is not going to patrol US streets. The Mexican consulate is just posting personnel in the area to keep an eye on the situation.

In response to the escalating violence against Mexicans in Port Richmond, Staten Island, the Consulate General of Mexico in New York is posting personnel that will remain in the borough until further notice.

www.silive.com...

BTW, doesn't matter if a person is legal or illegal or of any color. No one deserves a beat down.

another source

[edit on 22-8-2010 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thanks for clearing this up a bit guys. Officials on par with State Department officials I can understand. I guess I should have read the article a little closer, but I am tired.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Oh no big deal. Just think of how many people just read thread titles and never enter them to actually read the posts. They'll just be like what? damn mexicans!
and then head to that stupid justin bieber thread

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Would Mexican officials even have any authority? I mean, they are working with our govt. apparently, but are they allowed to carry guns like officers? Or just report or perform a citizen's arrest?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

" The Mexican police is not going to patrol US streets. The Mexican consulate is just posting personnel in the area to keep an eye on the situation. " Thats not what the article says

"The Catholic Examiner and NBC New York both reported the Mexican government’s intention to mount surveillance, patrol and police in and around the Staten Island community of Port Richmond, which in recent years has seen a large influx of Mexican illegal immigrants"

Hope this makes it clearer.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
as long those mexican police don't violate any laws, and have a valid stay permit in the US, nothing can stop them to stand around in the streets

i remember the 2002 BALI bombings, when more then 200 Australians died here in Indonesia. The next day whole convoys of white Australian embassy vans were patrolling the streets, picking up Australian nationals to evacuate

nothing illegal here

[edit on 22-8-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a very big insult to america and the mexican people.
in mexico the people are abused and killed all the time.
I would bet this is to make the mexican people pay protection money...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

The Catholic Examiner got its story from one of the source I gave you. In other words, they jumped to that conclusion.

In an article by the Staten Island Advance, there has been a string of muggings in the New York borough of Staten Island.

safeguard their rights and effectively assist and provide information

www.examiner.com...

CBSNewYork title says the following

Mexican Officials to Patrol

They are going assist with information but a title like about helping with information doesn't sell papers. Sensationalism at its best.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
What are Mexicops doing in Nueva York?
Probably no one left in Mexico to extort.

These must be the Mexicans that will be hired to build the Mosque.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Correct on most of that. Unless the person is a convicted pedophile, then let the beat down commence. But that might be my flawed way of thinking. Other than that I smell bad reporting on this story, and alot of word stretching, although I have had a sinus cold for a couple weeks now!!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Technically this is completely legal for one simple reason.

New York City is in the constitution free zone.

rawstory.com...

So they can do pretty much what they want with the entire bill
of rights tossed out the window.

Good times....and it is only going to get more interesting...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by jam321

Unless the person is a convicted pedophile, then let the beat down commence.

So protect the pedophiles? Im sorry this statement seems off, but I could be wrong. I had to look up the word "commence", but then realized I was correct with the definition. You will have to forgive me it is that time of the night so you know....

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

You are soo right..I grew up in Arizona,I have always not liked Illegal mexicans and any other Mexicans who don't speak English in public.They have destroyed my state and bankrupted our government.I would be first in line to help round them up and dump them back on their #ty country.Then i say we put all the snipers we have in this country and start shooting everyone who tries to get back here.After 3 or 400 are exterminated,they might stop..I know ,i know i'm a racist.You have a people who have no respect for my country let alone their dump..

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

our "lax" immigration policies are no accident. it turned into something they wanted. i understand your animosity towards the mexican culture. I am mexican and have some relatives that dont speak english and they are old enough to have learned english by now. it wouldn't bother me if they remained in mexico but I don't see how they can live here and not learn english.
Either way its tough putting things like this aside.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
reply to post by gem_man

Technically this is completely legal for one simple reason.

New York City is in the constitution free zone.

rawstory.com...

So they can do pretty much what they want with the entire bill
of rights tossed out the window.

Good times....and it is only going to get more interesting...

Well now we all understand how these corporations get away with so much, should have guessed there was a reason they all start in NEW YORK! No constitution, so the people of those corporations should never ever have been prosecuted. How did Enron get busted isn't their office in NY???? Well, I say that if it's a constitution free zone this is why most of these corporations don't get busted and then I now demand charges be dropped against Enron. Since apparently Feds have no authority in NY. Right.

Oh well as for the mexican authorities being in Staten Island I am sure they are going to be both surprised and disgruntled when they realize the attacks are by their own upon their own. In mostly all those cases, and really staten Island is an upscale area, so muggings any of them are or must be from outside sources in surrounding areas of the city. Or like I said, their own kind upon others entering the city.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Good post..I am a 3rd generation german my gret,great granparents came to this country in the late 1800'2.The first thing they did was make their kids learn english and embrace everything american.They never took a handout from anyone .I have a lot of mexican friends whos'e parents did the same thing as my grand parents and i am proud to know them.I love legal immigration and this is a melting pot and we are all from somewhere.I just hate the illegals coming here and using every social service we have to bankrupt our nation.And to turn our country into mexico..I have no problem with folks like you and i would be proud to call you a friend..peace

join