It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for an alternative theory on the most terrifying inicent I've ever experienced

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

But the pressure is what is relevant. When I've encountered strong spiritual entities I've encountered this pressure. I've even encountered it in a few people. I'm not sure if anyone will ahve a clue what I'm talking about. But it takes your breath away. If it wasn't malevolent then you were aware of it without an adverse reaction. But in the not so nice variety it's like a thick oppresive fog that crushes you. It's effect seems to be more apparent on those not in tune with the paranormal or rather can't tune in as well others.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by DrJay1975]

I think you already know that it really did happen. Your dogs reacted. Your three year old even mentioned it. Notice he/she made it sound like the monster has been here before. You also felt you've seen it before. I think it happened.

I had something similar happen about a year ago. I was asleep on the couch. Middle of the night. I sensed a flash of light. I woke up and saw a blue light scanning the room. The light was coming from the sliding glass doors. It was vertical. It started in the middle and then one strip of blue went to the right and one went to the left. I felt like I was inside a huge scanner. Honestly, I was terrified. I faked sleep. I didn't want them (whoever them was) to know I was awake. I stayed absolutely still. Suddenly, I woke up and I was in my bed. (I looked at my watch and it was a few hours later.) Weird thing was, I KNOW I slept in the living room that night. I was completely shocked to wake up in my own bed.

I'm sorry it was so scary for you. It was scary for me, too. I have no idea what that was.

As for the pressure you describe, I have felt it around certain people, too. To me, it feels like a heavy cloud that bounces off me. I am immediately aware when it happens. I can't help but notice it. I also feel an intense cold in the pit of my stomach. My body physically reacts to it. The negative energy is almost oppressive. The people giving it off are extremely dangerous, but look normal. I don't want to derail your thread, but any theories you have about why certain people are like that would be very much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Dr. Jay, did you feel a great relief of pressure when the thing turned to the left? Did you feel like a great deal of fearful energy left you?

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Onboard2]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxKatiexox

It was considered. Which is why i said I was 99% certain it was a hypnagogic hallucination.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
reply to post by DrJay1975

Dr.Jay, no malevolent entitity would seek you out unless your frequency was in harmoney with its.
Your Avatar spells F E A R!! That is a reflection of your own self.
That Xanax can be part of your problem.

"•unusual risk-taking behavior, decreased inhibitions, no fear of danger;
•depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
hyperactivity, agitation, hostility, hallucinations;
•feeling light-headed, fainting;
•seizure (convulsions);
•urinating less than usual or not at all;
•muscle twitching, tremor; or
•jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)."
www.rxlist.com...

So-called "sleep paralysis" preceeds OOBE as well as Lucid Dreams.

Never claimed it was a malevolent entity. I've encountered those numerous times, again read the post explaining where and how. As for your ameteur pseudopsychology in relation to my avvy, stick to your day job.

Just to cover your symptoms. I'm overly safe. No depression or suicidal thoughts, ever. Never had hyperactivity, hallucinations or hostility. Never fainted. Blood pressure medicine causes occasional lightheadedness. No seizures, jaundice or twitching.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Mmmm...due to the barking dogs, I'd have to conclude that there was something else there with you...spirit, demon, whatever.

But in defense of OhZone, your avitar is a bit "interesting" to say the least, so I could see why OhZone would wonder whether there was a connection between you psyche and your entity (real or perceived - and I'm in the 'real' camp).

Why don't you send a u2u to Woodywitch and see what she has to say?

By the way, thanks for posting...there's certainly more out there in the world than science has uncovered.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

'Dying' to hear from me ... may not be the best term to use under the circumstances
but here I am nonetheless !

Wow ... what an amazing account ... fantastic read ... you express yourself very well ... almost like I was in the room with you.

But to the business in hand;

One point to begin with (slightly off-topic) ... I was taken aback to learn that your grandmother was a full-blood Crow ... I have memories of a lifetime where I too was a Piegan Crow Indian (1700's) ... maybe it's that energy link that drew us together and made the connection in this field without realizing it.

Now, about this 'entity' ... something struck me very hard as I was reading it and I almost knew what was coming next (easy to say after the event of course ... but I know you trust me as much as I trust you in such matters).

And what it was that struck me is that this entity / energy call it what you will is the same as that, that you removed from the 'Elizabeth' case that you told me about. But I think this thought has already crossed your mind ... am I right ?

As you will recall, questions were asked by you at that time about the case I'm dealing with ... and I think we may have also had a visit from this energy ... in an observational capasity (been meaning to update my 'Dirken Ridge' thread but you know how time flies.

I've been wanting to discuss this with you for a while but for now I want to focus on your experience.

Do you agree that this is the same energy that you experienced during the 'Elizebeth' case ?

And another thought crosses my mind ... do you recall my original thread was started because of the name one of my investigators picked-up which was 'Zabeth' and it was suggested by several posters that this may be a derivative of 'Elizabeth' ?

'Dying' to hear your thoughts

BTW - when did this happen ?

Has your 3yrs old mentioned anymore about the 'monster' in his room ... he (the entity) certainly knows how to attract your attention doesn't he ?

Woody

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by toshly
diagnostics - Sleep paralysis & hypnagogic hallucinations

Prognosis - possibly a byproduct of stress, Xanax side effects ...

solution - Sleep through your lucid dreams, don't wake yourself up. Stop being so fearful & maybe your hypnagogic hallucinations won't be so horrible, close your eyes next time & control breathing plus try wiggling your toes & fingers it'll help wake you up quicker.

i don't know if this advice is any good for you but it's worked for me from experience, ehm yeah sorry for the poorly constructed post but well I'm tired

[edit on 21-8-2010 by toshly]

I agree with this while adding as some have said that your subconscious focuses on what interest you. You said you led paranormal teams to debunk, but subconsciously you most likely think about it and you manifest your thoughts with help from stress, hypertension and benzodiazepine type drugs.

Try and take over the situation and push the fear out and replace it with curiosity. Since nothing happened use that as a reason to watch it as if you are investigating.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

THe mask over the face had a degree of familiarity to it. But I can't say what it was. Almost a deja vu type experience.

As far as the Elizabeth case, no. This was not the same energy at all. COmpletely different. WHile the entity possessing "Elizabeth" was strong indeed, it's energy was heavy enough to cause several in the room to collapse from it's pressure. It was certainly thick, heavy and dark but not like this.

This was the most opressive thing I've ever felt. And it was without a doubt evil. But unrelated to anything I've eperienced. Just being near it made me feel as if my body eas colllapsin under my own weight.

The reason I'm leaning towars the NYonagogic halucination. I'm sure there are brings powerful enough that have a spiritual spressure great enough tu feel boNECRUSHING.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Interesting ... keep us posted.

I'll also try to get a few minutes to update the 'Dirken Ridge' thread tomorrow ... best way to describe in 3 words would have to be 'battle of wills'.

Speak soon my friend. If anything else comes to me about your experience I'll make a post.

Woody

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I had the same paralyzing experiences for 4 nights in a row two weeks ago. It freaked me out so bad that I went pretty much two days without sleep. While this was happening, I was taking Vicodine for a staph infection in my foot. After those 6 days, I was out of pain with the staph, but still took vicodine before bed, because it hurt when I bumped my foot at night. The stuff happened to me again. An extreme irrational overwhelming fear, and then suddenly I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. All I could do was look around. It felt like something was holding me down and covering my mouth. I realized also that I wasn't breathing. This got me to thinking. Tylenol 3 and Vicodine can cause you to stop breathing at night. So the next two nights, I did not take Vicodine, and since I was already terrified beyond belief, I took melatonin to help me sleep. Not an issue, either night. Then the third night, I took a Vicodine. An hour after laying down, still having not fell asleep, the irrational fear set in. The room felt electric, and I was not able to move. I did not sleep that whole night either. I stopped taking the Vicodine, and it hasn't happened since. While I didn't see any figures, I am almost 100% positive that the Vicodine did this to me, and on top of that, I need to mention that I take 1mg Xanax before bed every night. So, it could be the Xanax, and for me, the Vicodine just triggered the reaction.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
MAN,I would definitely be freaked out if I "had a dream" that took place in the exact same place as I fell asleep. Actually, wait that has happened... only once. Every other dream I have had took place in some random strange place I`ve never been to, like the bank of a river or at someone`s house I don`t recognize but people I know are there.Even dreams about being in my old house, but it wasn`t the same. And that`s not because I remembered it differently because I know the exact layout of my old house and pretty muchexactly what the outside looked like too. So my dream got it wrong... My point is, it makes me highly suspicious when I have 1 dream that basically simulates me waking up in my bed and gettin attacked. And everything in my room is exactly the way it should be. My bed & blankets are the same, FEEL the same... I`ve posted this in 2 other threads this year but I may as well since it fits some of your criteria and it might contribute to your search for the truth. Right off the bat, though, I should tell you there was no paralysis...maybe that`s why the "tall dark figure" had minions trying to subdue me... Ok well it starts out with me waking up, and like usual when you wake up suddenly from a deep sleep (if someone like a roomate or spouse wakes you up early in the morning,for example ), the 1st few seconds were a little blurry and out of focus, but my instincts must`ve kicked in because by the time I came to, I was already in defense mode, trying to fight back and I felt the hightened sense of awareness that comes with an adrenaline boost. Again, I have never had this happen, waking up fighting. I`m a very peaceful guy, and I usually have a good lady friend or another sleeping in bed with me and I`ve never had any complaints of me going into "rage mode" in the middle of the night, not once! Ok, so TBC...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

You may find this interesting:

From Thread: Looking for people who have been to the grey room
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
....SORRY, my phone gets bogged down or has a lag whatever you wanna call it when I get to a certain length of post. Also, I apologize for the non existance of paragraphs. I`m not sayin that`s all the fault of ats mobile, I`m sure it`s my outdated 3g phone. It`s an enV3...probly about a year out on the market or a lil more. Anyway, I wake up and by the time I am "aware", I am sitting up in my bed and my comforter (blanket) is being pulled down over me in an attempt to hold me down i guess? So in a sense, I resemble a human tent, instead of tent stakes holding it down, there are "little" fockers like little demons surrounding me, maybe 6 or 7 in all. And they are small and probably don`t weigh much, but theres just so many, 5 or more all pulling the blanket to try to pin me down (for what reason I don`t know), but they were not really succeeding. In fact, I was managing to get the covers up high enough to actually see into my room, which was mostly dark, but there`s this dang street light maybe 30 or 40 feet from my window and my crappy curtain did little to shield it out, so there was a section of my room that was slightly lit up. The "beam" of light was angled so that it only partially illuminated a section of my room which was just beyond the foot of my bed, so it wasn`t a huge problem with sleeping at night, and plus my curtain helped a little. So anyway, I wasd able to lift up part of the blanket and see a "slice" of my room for a second before the "minions" would rush to pull that section of the blanket back down before I got all the way out from under the blanket, so the blanket was the only thing keeping me from being able to actually face my attackers head-on and they were desperate in their efforts to make sure I could not get out, that`s what it seemed like. Well, a few times, right before this "dream" ended, I lifted up the covers and TBC...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just my two pence worth.

If you google search for lucid dreams and Xanax you will find that quite a few people actually take it just for the purpose of having more intense dreams (although other people find it has the opposite effect), and the same thing goes for caffeine.

I can't say that I know for certain that you had a very intense dream . sleep paralysis experience, but I can say that taking Xanax and drinking caffeine and then sleeping is a very good way of making that happen if you wanted to

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
....AND i saw a "tall black figure" standing in the corner of my room. I got the sense that it was wearing a robe with a hood pulled over its head and I couldn`t see any face just blackness, but I seem to remember the fabric of the robe so maybe it wasn`t just all black sillouette. But it just stood there I felt like it was looking at me, and it was orchestrating this event, maybe even controlling the "minions" with his mind because it/he did not move. After I caught sight of this thing the 1st time, I would keep trying to get a better look at it, but after I got A good look at it after seeing it maybe 2 or 3 times, then it was like "game over" and the next thing I remember was actually waking up in my room with my blanket all messed up and my heart beating a mile a minute and pouring sweat. But I was no longer sitting up, I was laid back down, as if I had simply passed out and fallen backwards. Either that or I was never sitting up in the first place. I didn`t feel a pressure really but definitely felt an evil presence, I feel like I would feel it anytime If I ever got even near it or saw it again. After it was over and I was able to just think about it, I had this feeling that whatever they were trying to do to me, they failed. I fought them off successfully until backup showed up or somethin. But it felt like a spiritual battle of some sort for sure. then again, maybe just a dream. The only "strange" thing that happened was I discovered my mother dead in her bedwithin the past year before this happened. And latelt I heard from a cousin4 that whitchcraft used to be in our family

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Flatland
en.wikipedia.org...

Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions is an 1884 satirical novella by the English schoolmaster Edwin Abbott Abbott... Isaac Asimov described Flatland as "The best introduction one can find into the manner of perceiving dimensions." As such, the novella is still popular amongst mathematics, physics, and computer science students.

[edit on 8/24/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is going to sound off, but I posted it in another thread awhile ago. 7 yrs ago, give or take a year, I lived in a house that my wife forced me to sell because of the haunting. Every night I laid in bed i was hit in the head. Ir saw it once, the offender. It looked similar to this sans the white. Black robed but so black it was like nothingess. No white covering and the spiritual pressure was substantially lower.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hey there DrJay,

I just read your u2u and have copied the picture so that I can take a closer look ... I'm also about to update the 'Dirken' thread ... so I'll get back to you on this a little later.

(need to catch-up on the posts that I've missed on this thread too).

Woody

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Don't rule out Epilepsy as it might be a possibility

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Interesting story , and I would agree with You that it could have been a hallucination if not for one fact , which would be the reaction of your dogs . I mean unless dogs have the ability to share the their owners hallucinations , I would argue that something had to disturb them .

If your account of their reaction is accurate and not colored up to make the story more interesting , then the fact that they were very upset and rushed to check the area for intruders would give me a clue that this was not a hallucination . Or at least not the whole thing was one.

I don't want to say shadow people but that popular term seems to fit your description rather well.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Thill]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join