It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie "Knowing" & something odd!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Creepy. Very interesting...I dont think this is a coincidence. This also reminds me of the "Lone Gunmen" Pilot predicting 9/11. The plot of the episode was the government hijacking two planes crashing them into the two towers and blaming it on terrorists...no lie that was the plot.

Any way, great find on this. I wonder what other things TPTB show in movies that havent been caught yet.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wow,that is creepy that the film mentions "11 people missing."

Did'nt 11 people die in the real disaster?

Weird.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Ok...this just gets weirder and weirder...

Check this out...Knowing was released on 3/20/09 right...the oil rig explosion happened on 4/20/10...if we take the difference between months and years (difference between March and April, 09 and 10), we get 1 and 1...11 people died on the day the rig exploded...

Someone else had this explanation, but I didn't really understand it, I'm not even sure they took the same steps as me:

8-1+4=11 killed
Knowing was released March 20 2009
year=10 month=1 and add that and you've got April 20 2010 with 11 killed

And the other thing is...people are saying the rig exploded at the same time as in the movie as well, or the first news story was at the same time?!? He looked at his clock when the news story about the explosion came on, and it was 12:00 mid-night.

[edit on 21/8/10 by CHA0S]

From the look of your avatar I would think you would be "in the know". Masonic numerology and all that jazz. Yes, they, TPTB and the Illuminati do use Hollywood, as they own it, to put this stuff in front of us to see just who is paying attention. Thing is you don't get points or credit for being awake, you just get watched more, they know who to pick up on.

Isn't that just the saddest thing? How can such maniacs run the world?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Wow,that is creepy that the film mentions "11 people missing."
Where the hell does it say that, I didn't hear that?!? Yes, 11 people died.

reply to post by daddio

From the look of your avatar I would think you would be "in the know". Masonic numerology and all that jazz.
Uh, well I know a little bit about that stuff, but not much really, I know my Avatar has a lot of that sort of symbolism though.

[edit on 21/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

LET IT BE KNOWN.

It does not say 11 people missing in the video, it says that on the real disaster footage they compare with the movie footage.

Just to clarify.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Ah,cheers dude-my mistake.
On second viewing I see that now...
That would have been too coincidental.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
it's also important to note - in the news report he's watching in the movie, it's coverage of an EXPLOSION on a gulf oil rig and the start of an oil spill. EXACTLY like it happened in real life. the aerial shots even look identical!!

[edit on 21-8-2010 by oleus]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It's cool, I made the same mistake.
That would have been one for the books!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oleus

I didn't believe it at first, I had to rewind and pause it haha.
I'm definitely going to pay more attention to backgrounds in movies now.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow

Originally posted by oleus
SPOILER ALERT if you plan on seeing it:

the way the Gulf Oil spill is shown in the movie is odd and comes out of nowhere. he sees it on the news and it doesn't have much else to do with the plot of the movie.... It precedes the end of the world by a couple of days when a solar kill-shot hits the earth. i'm not sure if they were implying that the gulf oil spill in the movie contributed to the "spark" but it was definitely odd, especially in a movie about "knowing' about the end of the world.

PS - it's a good movie, even though nicolas cage overracts a little bit.

Speaking of Nic Cage I never understood why he was paid like an A lister when clearly his talents are that of a C lister. The guy simply isn't very charismatic.

He was outstanding in both "Leaving Las Vegas" and David Lynch's "Wild at Heart". I liked the movie "Knowing", but didn't care so much for "The Number 23", except 2/3=.666. Anyway... it sure is spooky (Mulder). The oil rig clip that is.

[edit on 8/21/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I just thought of another thing that may or may not have significance...but does anyone remember WhispersInTheDark? He predicted a future event or something? Didn't he say he got his info by listening to the whispers or something? The girl at the start of the movie who actually creates the number list hears whispers also. The whole WhispersInTheDark thing happened a long time ago, way before this movie.

EDIT: An interesting quote from the movie:

How do they talk to you?
They whisper into our heads.

The subject of randomness vs determinism in our universe.
----
Determinism says that occurrences in nature are causally decided by preceding events or natural law, that everything leading up to this point in time has happened for a reason.

[edit on 22/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

81 people died in the oil rig explosion in the movie knowing.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

no they didnt, 81 people died on the plane crashes

i know this because i was intrigued so i watched the movie last night (pretty good i thought)

the gulf thing was a bit freaky i suppose

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow

Originally posted by oleus
SPOILER ALERT if you plan on seeing it:

the way the Gulf Oil spill is shown in the movie is odd and comes out of nowhere. he sees it on the news and it doesn't have much else to do with the plot of the movie.... It precedes the end of the world by a couple of days when a solar kill-shot hits the earth. i'm not sure if they were implying that the gulf oil spill in the movie contributed to the "spark" but it was definitely odd, especially in a movie about "knowing' about the end of the world.

PS - it's a good movie, even though nicolas cage overracts a little bit.

Speaking of Nic Cage I never understood why he was paid like an A lister when clearly his talents are that of a C lister. The guy simply isn't very charismatic.

Easy. He's Francis Ford Coppola's nephew; his father, August, is Francis's brother. That's how Cage even got his career started: small (and later leading) roles in Coppola's films. I even recall he was credited as "Coppola" for a couple of years, before coining "Cage" as a stage name. Coppola damn-near fired him from Peggy Sue Got Married, too, because he thought the high voice Cage put on for the character was ridiculous. That always struck me as odd: the guy's own family wanted to fire him, yet everyone else in the industry is willing to put up with him.

Only just found this, but it's interesting: "[Cage] got Johnny Depp his first acting job". I always wondered if Depp had ties to any Hollywood elite. Seems as if he and Cage were buddies while trying to break the big time.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm really starting to suspect that this isn't the same earth I grew up in. Too many of these coincidence to just keep writing it off that way. I'm beginning to believe that we are creating reality with less and less delay between thought and manifestation.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
That is an incredibly eerie similarity. It could be coincidence, but I agree with the poster above in that I am starting to think coincidences don't exist (I admit, Signs led me to that one) anyways, man. I had always liked this movie, never even noticed that there was such a shocking similarity between the oil rig in the movie and in real life!!!!!
It creeps me out.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

You and me both man... you and me both.
This is seen all the time in movies.
Are they trying to warn us beforehand?
Then after they reveal their true agenda they can say,
"Hey, we warned you."

Hope not

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Predictive programming.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's another "coincidence" for ya'll.

The movie's video footage is being shown on Tuesday. If we assume this is the day this happened in the movie, then BOTH events happened on a Tuesday, just one month apart to the day.

The actually time, as wikipedia has it, for the Deepwater-Horizon spill starts at approx. 9:45pm Tuesday April 20th.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
this is kind of unrelated to the parts of the movie you guys are talking about but did anybody else notice when the girl was looking at the SUN you could hear whispers which are obviously spirits(demons?) telling her things?

seems like more sun worship in hollywood to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join