It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie "Knowing" & something odd!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I was watching the movie Knowing, I still am actually.
One part in the movie, right before the plane crash, he's watching TV.
And on the T.v there is news of an oil rig explosion/fire in the gulf of mexico!!!
WHAT?!!

Found a clip, please share your thoughts.
I used search function, nothing came up btw =D

[edit on 8/21/2010 by Alexander the Great]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hey, nice find! Sorry I can`t help you too much from my phone but hopefully someone will do it. I`d like to see exactly what it is. The question is: Is it a clue to what will really occur (a "knowing" situation) or is it another trick to lead people to want to hop on the 1st spaceship that comes along offering a "safe haven"? I`ll take my chances here I guess... If I die like that, It`ll only hurt for a few seconds max. Actually it`s like a "free pass" from having to die some other way that takes more than a few seconds... like a lifetime of servitude to some aliens who look at you the same way we look at cattle, or lab monkeys, or ants... I`ve heard some people say it`ll be worth it to see another planet and be able to "look out the window" of the supposed slave ship. Well how do you know they will make the windows open (turn transparent) and what if they park the craft in an underground tunnel system so you don`t even see the surface of the planet. Your whole life may be spent underground in caves. I would never trust anyone or thing, that didn`t take the time to establish a trusting relationship before asking you to bet your life. When it comes down to it, though, none of us "know" how we will react until it actually happens. At that point all you can do is follow your instincts, or your heart or whatever... To conclude: I don`t like that clue, if that`s what it is. Obama I heard is goin on a vacation for a month, is this true? If he`s leaving the US now of all times that kinda makes me wonder...but I probably misheard either that or it`s nothing to worry about...probly just a routine, planned vacation if anything.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is interesting, but it might be a coincidence... but at the same time you never know....

certain actors and directors are always trying to let the public know what is going on through their movies... Illuminati Symbolism and Media Corruption....

1) Nation Treasure

2) Tomb Raider

3) Rennes the castle

4) Eyes Wide Shut

Symbolism in Movies

Ect....

Fox

[edit on 8/21/2010 by FoxStriker]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This indeed a very strange coincidence. It makes you wonder if clues are put in some Hollywood movies intentionally. The elite love shoving things in our faces.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
SPOILER ALERT if you plan on seeing it:

the way the Gulf Oil spill is shown in the movie is odd and comes out of nowhere. he sees it on the news and it doesn't have much else to do with the plot of the movie.... It precedes the end of the world by a couple of days when a solar kill-shot hits the earth. i'm not sure if they were implying that the gulf oil spill in the movie contributed to the "spark" but it was definitely odd, especially in a movie about "knowing' about the end of the world.

the movie creeped me out even before the real oil spill because they also make a big deal about the specific day the world ends, and that day has a special significance between and friend and i. gave me chills because part of the reason it's significant is back in 1992 we had a conversation about why we didn't know it was significant. LONG STORY and hard to explain without going on forever.

PS - it's a good movie, even though nicolas cage overracts a little bit.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by oleus]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by oleus
SPOILER ALERT if you plan on seeing it:

the way the Gulf Oil spill is shown in the movie is odd and comes out of nowhere. he sees it on the news and it doesn't have much else to do with the plot of the movie.... It precedes the end of the world by a couple of days when a solar kill-shot hits the earth. i'm not sure if they were implying that the gulf oil spill in the movie contributed to the "spark" but it was definitely odd, especially in a movie about "knowing' about the end of the world.

PS - it's a good movie, even though nicolas cage overracts a little bit.

Speaking of Nic Cage I never understood why he was paid like an A lister when clearly his talents are that of a C lister. The guy simply isn't very charismatic.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

i think goldsacm socks new as well =shorted gulf oil futuers
bp president and c e o = sold large share options just before

it was planned to loot the british from there retirement savings

xploder

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the replys.

Either way, it is very strange.
I hope it's coincidence and not proof it was planned!

I'm going to look into more, I'll post what I find that's interesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

You bring up a very good point.

It's a tough decision, you could miss out on such a glorious journey.
See incredible sights beyond imagination.
Or be introduced to a whole new world, but, it's the world of pain, agony and death.

That's a toughie!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Good find but this has been discussed here before .I only raised this again in a personal talk with friends about three weeks ago . This was discovered about two weeks into the spill and has even be noted on youtube .There is alot of this in movies and television like 911 in the Matrix , Terminator 2 and the Simpsons for example .But hey definately no foul on your part the more that see this the better .You have already informed some members that missed it so well done .Keep up your search for truth

[edit on 21-8-2010 by 13th Zodiac]

[edit on 21-8-2010 by 13th Zodiac]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

The guy simply isn't very charismatic.
Firstly, I have to disagree with you there sir! I think he's a rather good actor with quite the charismatic charms, I've always enjoyed his work. Opinions may differ, but he's as famous as he is for a reason.

Now on to the topic at hand, this is indeed really strange IMO...especially because of what this movie was actually about, which is predicting the future. It seems they actually did predict the future in a movie about predicting the future, are you kidding me! It could simply be coincidence...but it is certainly odd IMO, that movie was very interesting by its self, because I have similar beliefs as to what will likely happen when the time comes, at least the Alien part anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I now have to watch the knowing again damn it.....

I had a dream where the sun had caused a huge solar CME headed towards earth and the cause of this CME was Nibiru...maybe this is some plan being told in a movie of sorts? Maybe those 'angels' are the anunnaki? However, the last part was rather cheesy and to christian like.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Sorry about that, I did search, nothing came up involving oil spills and knowing.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Yea, that's what makes it so strange.
A prediction in a movie about prediction, seems appropriate.

And cage is a fine actor, can be quite dull at times but pretty good.
Gone in 60 seconds is my favorite of his movies.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
No friend please don't appologize ! Don't get me wrong I'm incouraging you . Good job and obsevation if you discovered this yourself . We need more like you ! Don't stop . As I said you have pointed out something new to some .I'll even give you a flag

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Nevermind, I made a mistake, scratch that one.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Ok...this just gets weirder and weirder...

Check this out...Knowing was released on 3/20/09 right...the oil rig explosion happened on 4/20/10...if we take the difference between months and years (difference between March and April, 09 and 10), we get 1 and 1...11 people died on the day the rig exploded...

Someone else had this explanation, but I didn't really understand it, I'm not even sure they took the same steps as me:

8-1+4=11 killed
Knowing was released March 20 2009
year=10 month=1 and add that and you've got April 20 2010 with 11 killed

And the other thing is...people are saying the rig exploded at the same time as in the movie as well, or the first news story was at the same time?!? He looked at his clock when the news story about the explosion came on, and it was 12:00 mid-night.

[edit on 21/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Coincidence?

I'm not to sure about that anymore!
Thanks for making this more interesting!
I'm off to work now, I'll be back.
Someone should watch it, and see if you see anything else.

Peace \/

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Also as he is watching that scene, the time turns to 12:00 with the word JAPAN aprearing in the lower right....

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I read about this a few weeks ago but good to see it brought up again. I find it interesting - especially since the movie is about prediction. Hollywood either has some really good psychics or the explosion was preplanned. Wars and other incidents are preplanned why not this? Would be good to hear from those that were involved in writing and making the movie. Find the numbers interesting as well - however how could anyone predict 11 would die in the explosion? Mind boggling!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join