It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Office bans Bradford marches

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Home Office bans Bradford marches

www.bbc.co.uk

Home Secretary Theresa May has authorised a blanket ban on marches in Bradford on the day of a planned protest by a right-wing campaign group.

The English Defence League (EDL) had intended to demonstrate in Bradford on Saturday 28 August.

Unite Against Fascism had planned a protest in the city on the same day.

Despite the ban, groups can still hold "static" demonstrations. The move follows a high-profile campaign in Bradford to stop the planned EDL march.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here we go again.

The disgusting racists and chav scum that form the EDL are at it again.

Why do these scum persist in trying to ram their fascist, racist and downright retarded views down the throats of ordinary, tolerant and open-minded British people?

We all know militant Islam is bad. It's not rocket science - militant ANYTHING is generally bad. This includes militant stupidity which is what the EDL is guilty of.

Why cant they just admit that they are a bunch of white-power lunatics looking to confront and attack anyone they deem 'different' or 'unacceptable' to their national view?

The home secretary is right to ban these idiot chavs from MARCHING, or in real terms, looking for asians and middle eastern people to attack and abuse.

Well done to the UAF for organising 10,000 signatures against these small-brained little runts.

Parallex.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
o quote a saying:

"I may strongly disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

If we want democracy, surely everyone has a right to peaceful protest?

[edit on 21-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

OK thanks for the link. I support freedom to march but I cannot abide the EDL. EDL is to my way of thinking the mirror image of Islamic fundamentalists. They are a multicultural group of thugs and rabble rousers - just ask the West Midlands Police.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by Parallex

OK thanks for the link. What is your opinion? I support freedom to march but I cannot abide the EDL. EDL is to my way of thinking the mirror image of Islamic fundamentalists. They are a multicultural group of thugs and rabble rousers - just ask the West Midlands Police.

From what i can gather it wasn't them the police were worried about, but the large swathes of Muslims who live in and around Bradford, who just a few years ago rioted causing large amounts of damage and whom had hinted were planning to do the same. Also the march may have been cancelled but i believe a static protest will still be taking place as the law cannot stop this?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Well it is all a bit of a mess to me. The last Bradford march caused great damage.

I would not want to live in a fundamentalist country be it Moslem or Xtian.

It appears that that the current cost of policing will lead to cuts in overtime and it mayeven be that wem cannot afford certain marches as the police cannot afford to attend. Then what do we do?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I must admit to having great difficulty keeping my thoughts within the rules of manners and decorum where such matters are concerned.
I am , I must point out, in favour of political freedom, and the right to protest.
However, fascism is not a legitimate political standpoint, rather it has, is and always will be, an excuse for a bunch of the lowest beings in a land, to group up, and slap someone for not being like them. It is a disease, a plauge, a mind sickness which , once it takes hold of a person, does not go away. Its incurable.
There is no difference in my opinion between the EDL, the BNP, and the Nazis. They are all the same breed of xenophobic SCUM, and the solution to all those problems is the same.
Those whos grandfathers fought the second world war... those whos forebares saved this nation, and the whole world from tyranny by the jackbooted enemy ... those who saved freedom from oppression have as I see it a duty, to repay the favour done by our departed heros of yester year. If I had it my way , there would be an organisation devoted entirely to the clinical removal of all xenophobes from British society ... oh the glory. It makes me weep with happiness to imagine a Britain with no swastikas flying above mantleshelves, no BNP at all, no skinheads roughing up shopkeepers , and above all , no rascism or racial tension.
It must eventualy come to pass that the enemies of freedom be wiped out to a man, and everyone in their circles of influence be terminated to prevent the spread of the mind plauge. I can only wait until that day I guess.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
o quote a saying:

"I may strongly disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

If we want democracy, surely everyone has a right to peaceful protest?

[edit on 21-8-2010 by wcitizen]

Wow!

I'm being quoted

I agree - everyone must have the right to lawful and peaceful protest. The problem is, these protests would DEFINITELY be anything BUT peaceful. Put two cocks in a ring and you'll get a cockfight. Guaranteed.

Are we supposed to let the violence happen, just because racist scum want to act on their racism in an openly racist and provocative act? For once, I agree with the government.

A static protest is absolutely fine. If it's static. Which it WILL NOT BE.

Expect violence people.

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Oh but yet an Islamic Britain is ok?

You have 2 choices here: Islamic Britain or Fascist Britain. Very Evil and Evil but not as Evil.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wow François-Marie Arouet's ghost is posting on ats????

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

No we have as many options as we can think of. And I can think of a great third option. Murder all the xenophobes , and then say to everyone remaining, " Thats what happens when you get all uppity about race and religion, anyone else want to try it? No ??? SPLENDID! Lets all go down the kebab shop and put a pound on to celebrate! " anyone left over will be CLEARLY educated as to the price that is payed by those who refuse to love thier fellow man regardless of creed and religion. That includes christians hatin on muslims, and back the other way, and atheists hating both, or either hating atheists.
Basicaly , crushing xenophobia by giving it something to really fear.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
if muslims are allowed to march in london preachin hate and death to non muslims and burning the great flags that thousands of people hav died for why cant the natives of this great land shout to the rooftops what they believe if they stoped a muslim march it would be rascist but for us its nonsense
nooooooooooo crack on its our country we'll do as we please

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by satnav_c-1

I dont see why both marches cant be banned under incitement to riot and terror laws. I mean extremists on both sides of the debate need to be shot, this much is obvious, because they are avatars of hate, but the marching rights should only apply to people who do not hate .

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Having read 'atlas shrugs' (on the www) I see that the stated aim of Muslims is to overthrow 'the west' from within, even their holy book states to kill un- believers, already in New York, prayers are conducted in the streets, blocking them, the police do not move them on in fear of causing a riot, tough if someone needs an ambulance, or fire truck, Sheria law state literally, an eye for an eye, and that a man's wife must submit to his every wish, I can see American and British women rioting over that!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I hope the UAF are happy that their enemies the EDL have been subjected to fascism.

Oh wait... The UAF PROTEST againts fascism. So does this mean the UAF will come and stick up for the EDL?

Erm... Hmm this is confusing, the alleged fascists have been banned by fascists for protesting against fundamentalists.

Is this just the start? Banning people from marching is in my opinion worse than letting people march.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Lets not forget that the UAF and their Muslim friends who have threatened any business that serves a person who happens to be an edl supporter, including the use of pipebombs. Heres a few screenies I managed to grab before their site admin hid them.

linkie 1

Linkie 2

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Well if fascists want to be free to operate, they should go somewhere that hasnt got a long established history of leaving alot of Nazi hats on the ground. Like Switzerland. Or some of the less pleasant areas of South Africa.
REAL British people understand that if it talks like a Nazi, smells like a Nazi, and behaves like a Nazi, then a round from a Browning is STILL the right answer to whatever vile BS it happens to be spouting. That will always be the correct answer to that particular brand of filth. It was good enough for my grandpa, and so its more than good enough for me.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

Lets not forget that the UAF and their Muslim friends who have threatened any business that serves a person who happens to be an edl supporter, including the use of pipebombs. Heres a few screenies I managed to grab before their site admin hid them.

linkie 1

Linkie 2

I think your screenie no.2 proves a point for me. That Muslim anarchsist are NOT UAF people. In fact this screenie shows that the UAF refuse to commit to violence. Whilst I don't support the UAF, their aim of fighting fascism is a noble one.

Trying to prove that UAF are as violent as the EDL? Fail.

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Trying to prove that UAF are as violent as the EDL? Fail.

Funny how it was posted on a UAF affiliated forum, by a person who marches alongside the UAF members and the above post's threatening people and businesses in anyway linked to the EDL have never been criticised in anyway by the UAF, in fact all the UAF tried to do was hide them...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
EDL is new recistance force of the UK we need groups like this .. they are the only way of saving Europe from islamisation and global domination of the free world by radicale islamists and there facist cult like religion.
People are free to do and think what they believe and thats the reason why I say that I don't see islam as a true faith but more as a cult where people trying to leave there faith are being killed and being met with other acts of violence.
this only happens in cults and in many fronts the islamist act like the ss'ers of nazi germany only then fold worse and both islam and nazism is anti jew and promotion mass killing of surten people.
hitler and mohammed the prophet both hate and wanted to kill all jews all homosexuals all people thinking other then what they seemed fit.
both are facist in my view and thats what i find as my freedom of expression to say, freedom of religion has nothing to do with it because the freedom of religion doesn't mean you have the freedom to promote violence and mass killing of homosexuals and jews and non believers .

The western world is being over run and is on the brink of civil unrest / civil war an attack on iran will be the reason when it finally breaks out. between
the arab and western world on Europes soil. People may not want to see it or find my views to radicale but time will prove me right , we will see when things are going to happen the way I predict they are going to happen and if it goes that way we need the EDL and groups like them.

People have to realise why the EDL was formed and there for what the reason was..
Or do people not find it wrong that radicales and so called moderate muslims where shouting things like baby killers and murderes towards 9 death uk soldiers when they arrived back on Uk soil and had a ciramonial homecoming in there village to honour there dead and what they have done for there country .

It has nothing to do with racism if you are against islam , islam is no race and further more its highly questionable if it even is a faith / religion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join