It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put your ATS points where you mouth is.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey, here's an idea. Why not make it possible to put our points to good use by letting us gamble with them? Like betting on predictions for example
?

JAK

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
LOL Durden, I see where this is headed. You bad boy.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yes let's do that. I could use more points. I would have all the points by betting against all the b/s predictions.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well this thread is better than what's on telly...
*listening to Queens, 'Hammer to fall'*
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
no. Points on ATS are earned... either through automation by posting interesting topics, or through reward by staff applause or similar actions. We'll no do anything that detracts from that simple formula.

JAK

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have a further question relating to this topic. When someone makes a post and it states by their name how many ATS points that person has, is it a record of how many they have built up in total over time or when you 'purchase' with ATS points are they removed from the amount shown?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They go down when you spend them.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What's the deal with that coloured bar?

What do the colours mean???

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

What's the deal with that coloured bar?

The colorured bar: if you place your arrow key over the bar it will tell
you how many posts you have made since you have been on ATS, ie it gets longer with time as you post,

Ok the color depends on if you have been applauded for any work here
on ATS The more you get staff applause the more the grey bar goes red.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thanks asala. Dont think I've ever seen someone with a totally red bar.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've a suggestion. Rather than physically gambling away our points, why not metaphysically gamble them away?

Anyone who has read Bo Fowler's excellent satire Scepticism Inc. will know what I'm talking about. The core of the plot involves a guy who opens Metaphysical Betting Shops, where people can go in and place large amounts of money on any metaphysical conjecture which cannot be proved. In the end, most of the religions on Earth go bankrupt, the guy who owns the betting shops becomes the richest man who ever lived, and everyone lives happily ever after - including, strangely, the narrator of the book, who happens to be the last sentient supermarket trolley.

So, here on ATS, we could prove our faith by expending our points. Never again be forced to eloquence when someone asks you how much you believe in something:

"I believe in it 3,550 points, matey, how about you?"

No, okay, on second thought, it's a bad idea.

Edit: And I've just noticed my bar is grey. What does a guy have to do to get some applause around here?

[edit on 20-6-2004 by StrangeLands]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Yes let's do that. I could use more points. I would have all the points by betting against all the b/s predictions.

zactly. we'll be up by seekerof

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by I See You

zactly. we'll be up by seekerof

What happened to the Sean Connery Avatar Krazy Ivan...
The predictions could vary from simple to extreme. How could anyone possibly rate it. (ex. If Bush doesn't win then Kerry does) Does that mean I get points for that automatically

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
They go down when you spend them.

Zzub's avatar says it all.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
i have an i dean with the ATS gambling.

ATS No Limit Texas Hold 'Em

that would be so cool. like you could have turnaments where like 100 points would be the entry fee and the winner could be called the "ATS No Limit Texas Hold 'Em King" or you could have like just friendly game where there was no entry fee.

thats what i think. it would be awsome, i could kick all your asses at no limit tezas hold'em

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
*mutters* i want a coloured bar
*kicks up dust and walks away*

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What are all of you donig complaining about points? You have thousands. I don't even have 500 yet. I didn't know that you don't get points for posting on BTS. What I want to know is WHY? Why don't we get points for posting on belowtopsecret. Two threads that I have been engaged in are on BTS and I don't get points for them.

I also think that Banned Member's points should go to certain people. One of these such people should be ME!

[edit on 20-6-2004 by HombreConUnPollo]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HombreConUnPollo
I also think that Banned Member's points should go to certain people. One of these such people should be ME!

thats called communism, doing nothing for something

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by HombreConUnPollo

thats called communism, doing nothing for something

Yeah well unlike you I don't have thousand of points. I barely have 400
I need them dang it.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
points are nothing, the only good thing i ever brought was ATS mail. Would be nice if you could trade in points for an ATS T-shirt
but i really can't see that happening. Banned members points shoudn't be giving out, just go about your normal ATS day posting and in time you shall get points

top topics

<<   2 >>

join