It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I made my community smile.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

Great story. I hope the water was probably fluoridated though :-)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
What you did was totally brilliant. I wish I had been there, I would have loved it.

Thank you for spontaneously listening to the joy in you and for spreading it around. You probably will never know how wonderful an effect what you did really has.

Thank you too for your gift of making me smile today and of lifting my heart.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The world need more people like you

Im from the UK.....people look at you like you crapped on the pavement when you say hello to a stranger lol. Its almost not accepted here anymore lol.

Im glad you could bring a smile to so many peoples faces
)

* @ flag

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I love to read threads like this...you have made me smile
I raise a 10 yr. son & we began "Random Acts of Kindness" when he was 3 & we continue this still today. I admire you & your ability of putting the good of others above your own interests. This is what I instill in my son everyday. I can't wait to share your story with him. Thank you, thank you for being what I inspire my son to be!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This my friend is amazing. Truly incredible.

Next time, print up some smily faces and place the logo "Smile : Everything Is OK", strip the bottles of the plastic label and place your label on it. Create a website, have a link for the site.

Perhaps you could get more people on board.

Star and Flag most definately deserved and the news needs to be told.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If only we had more people in the world thinking like you.That was a great thing to do,I bet it felt great.Maybe your thread will inspire others to follow your lead,it has me.Peace and love to all.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
A very nice jesture. However I didn't know that JW had barriers, they seem to knock on any door in any neighborhood. Don't forget the poor and elderly on your next trip out.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Again, I must thank you all for your kind words. As I said previously, the most I want from this is to have more people follow the example. You don't need to do it the exact way I did it. You could do anything, just hit a dense human traffic zone and remind people that we are all human and we are all connected, remind them that if we dont talk to strangers, we are not a community.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Excellent, a service to others path is key to acension, I pray that the one infinite creator gives us the willpower for others to do the same.

Regards, Naeem

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There is a guy in our city that walks the main strip every morning during commute time. Every morning he carries a sign saying, Good Morning, have a great day. If you honk your horn , he then will wave at you. It is amazing what a little kindness can do to a person.

This is a great post. I think your idea is brillant. It is nice to remind people that, hey we are all in this together, with out a disaster doing it. Great job. And if no one has told you yet, Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Please add me to the list of people you made smile today!

I often think that one kind deed (like yours) offsets 100 of the little insults we suffer every day. Good job!!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Not only had you made some in your community smiled today, you made me cried, that in this souless and hard hearted world, there is still someone like you.

Thank you sir, and may people like you who performs deeds from your heart and not from the form, be blessed in all ways.

:-)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This thread is my water. Thank you for the smile.
Hopefully, your good deeds will be Paid Forward in some form. Thank you for shining a Light in the Darkness. I love you, Friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

As long as they are tears of joy, you are good.
Listen as I said before, any of you could do this.
I make 10.50 an hour working a hard labor job in a warehouse.
The minimum wage here is 10.25, so the guy at mc'ds is making 25 cents less than I, But does that stop me from doing anything?
Any of you, could do this.

One more thing I have not touched on. Usually I am a high anxiety person (except after a few brews), and the walk from the city garage to 4 corners, my heart was pounding. Though the first lady I gave bottle to was the lady at the gate of the garage and she actually took it, and asked me about what I was doing. It gave me that little bit of confidence. I have to say after 5 minutes of asking people, my anxiety settled and my esteem was through the roof. 10 minutes in I was literally shouting to people.

The best part, it rained down on me hard, and I handed out my last few bottles of water as I walked back to my car. The lady at the garage was still there, and I stopped and had another conversation with her (about our love for muskoka and cottage country). When I said good bye I said 'Nice to meet you'. Got in my car, and headed to the gate to see her again.
As soon I rolled up she didn't ask me for any money. She just said.

'You know, I'm just going to let you out. Thank you for doing what you did today.'

The oddest part was the day before, my horoscope told me I would realize that I have been falling under potential and that things were easier than I thought. Don't usually take them to heart but it definitely fell in alignment.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

SnF! Thanks for doing this. Maybe my one granddaughter in particular would like to do this with me on Labor Day. She's off school and it will undoubtedly be hot as hell in town.

Thanks for the cool idea for being kind on a hot day!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join