It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I made my community smile.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
How incredibly cool of you!
It's such a nice gesture. Some people lose that connected brother spirituality.
Most are to busy texting. Though your water never graced my hand, i still
can feel the generous vibes transcending time and space.

Made me think of this thread:
Is it currently a social taboo to say "hello" to strangers?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by cluckerspud]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by cluckerspud]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

In the words of Chris Farley, "THAT....IS....AWESOME"

I so applaud you for this. I am going to take my 4 kids and dear wife and do this very thing. I will report how it goes. So cool...your community is lucky to have you.

I note you are in Canada. Just another reason why I love Canada and Canadians.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You are one of the few people who are going to save humanity, IMHO.

Thank you for doing what you are doing.

And do not worry about the city health gestapo.

Just make sure all water bottles are SEALED with their ORIGINAL PACKAGING.

They can only nail you if you are either #1 selling the items for no permit, or #2 selling already opened bottles.

All bottles come with safety seals and this is your PROOF that they are as safe as when originally packaged.

The health gestapo cannot nail you if you play your cards right.
Also, remember you are "giving gifts to your neighbors."
Refuse all donations of $$$. This keeps you out of commerce issues.

Keep it up.

And if anything bad happens to you, please get someone you know to relay the information on ATS so we can help with ideas on getting you off the hook.

I am 100% behind you on this. Keep up the good work!

It's people like you that are going to make Earth a decent place worth living at. THANK YOU.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Thank you friend. You are always welcome here, hopefully.
I am proud to be Canadian, though slowly it seems we are mending into American habits, which should happen with two nations being so close. Regardless, that is a whole different thread, people world wide need to smile more.

The more we socialize the stronger we are. It is a free country do not get me wrong, but I really hope somebody would not immigrate to this country just to frown and keep their head to the floor.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by tribaltrip]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The worst possible scenario for government and people who want to see everything go to ruins is for people to smile, get a freebie with no strings attached and to see overall general good deeds with no financial gain in it for some big business somewhere.
Star and flag, which I can't remember ever doing before to be honest.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just this story made me smile. Good stuff. This is change you can believe in.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

your name explains you very well...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

If you ever decide to start passing out ice cold beer, lemme know. I'll stop by and give you a smile.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Great post! Every Saturday my 2 sons and I (ages 3 and 13) fix sack lunches and fill our cooler with bottled water and ice and we drive around the city looking for homeless people to feed. We've been doing this for some time and it makes my oldest son feel good about himself. He loves interacting with those he's helping. It's also quality time we get to spend with each other after a week of work/school. It's something we always look forward to.

On that note, I applaud you for doing something positive for your community!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Good job for trying to make the world a better place, good for you. I hope you get back the goodness you have shown others.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Good for you! This mentality should be contagious, it would serve all mankind to take a lesson from your experience.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip

It is ridiculous to think that I live in a free country, and I can't even give people water. I'm sure I ticked off the business' who make a living charging a full DOLLAR per bottle. When it costs 2$ for a whole pack, but it's alright because today we were all smiling.

It's awesome what you're doing man, sounds like a lot of fun.

If there are some sort of obscure laws against what you are doing then they are unjust and shouldn't be respected anyway, just take all the necessary precautions to stay as safe as you can. You don't have to justify your actions to anyone or live up to any moral code but your own.

I think this quote is fitting to the happiness you bring people in their daily routine.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
-Plato

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

It was truly one of the best experiences of my life.

Good for you.

Many people refused, probably only about 10% of the people I asked took the water from me.

I will too, safety reason.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Such a simple thing like this can go such a long way. Thank you for actually trying to make a difference. It is truly noble when the only donation you need is for them to smile. Keep it up! I will think of ideas like this myself. This is really such a simple thing to do, and yet most can't do something this simple if it doesn't benefit them.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Yesterday a great idea befell me. I was sitting at home watching all these videos of the 'love police' and people just trying to make people more socialized. While thinking about how disconnected my little suburban city is, and to think even small towns are now so void of humanity. I formed an idea.

So today I went out.
Bought 3 cases of water for 6 bucks and made way to my downtown core, at a place called 4 corners. Which has banks on 3 of its corners ( use to have 4).
I got my cooler of Ice cold water and got a white shirt, which I wrote

SMILE EVERYTHING IS OKAY!

For an hour and a half I made people smile and offered cold water to my community.
It was truly one of the best experiences of my life. Many people refused, probably only about 10% of the people I asked took the water from me.

Though, for the people that refused, I made them smile.
THe best part was the jehovas who told me I was at their corner. They soon realized they could not do much with me close by shouting at people to smile and giving my fellow men and women water.

In conclusion, I am going to make this routine. As 6 dollars for 72 bottles of water is nothing, at the cost of putting smiles on peoples faces. I ask all of you to maybe do something similar. Meet a stranger. Meet your neighbours and most of all smile.

I love that and I love you for doing it. I hope you keep doing it.
I would love to do something like that one day, but have 101 hang-ups to deal with before I think I could....Silly as that may be......

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I am surprised no one here branded you a 'commie' , giving away your hard-earned water to 'em lazy leeches?

Just kidding.

That is a remarkable thing to do, I wish you carry on and others follow your lead. Mankind need more people like you.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Oh sure hand out water, it's sure to put a slight smile on ones face... but I tell ye..

Pass out BEER ... that sir will put the biggest grin on someones face you've ever seen! I smile just at the THOUGHT of FREE BEER!

Edit to fix some wacky spelling that made it appear I've been enjoying to many beers myself! Which I have!

[edit on 8/20/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I LOVED this story!! Good on you for getting out there and doing this. It's not something I would be confident enough to do so I admire you for this! Not only those who you saw smiling, but this story will get around... before you know it, people will come out especially to see that you and think, "wow, someone really IS doing it!!"

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Great work.

Inspirational. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well done you, what a fantastic idea very innovative and heart warming! your generousity would have made a small dent in the level of negative consciousness that was around that day well done again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join