It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready for a world without antibiotics?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Actually bacteria and viruses mutate extremely fast which is why we have new flu strains each year.

I am fortunate in that I have never had the flu and have never had a flu shot, and never will. Many people I know who haven't gotten these shots got flu from the shot. My father got a bad case of flu from a flu shot years ago and almost died, he had not had one since and he is ninety years old now and hasn't had flu since, and does not take any kind of medication.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Actually, viruses mutate very fast because of their nature, make-up and composition.
Bacteris do not mutate at anywhere the same rate as a virus. If so, we would be doomed long ago.
Antibiotics only work on bacteria, not viruses.
That is why we currently have no cure for any viral disease. Because they mutate so quickly.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

thegoodearth are you in the medical field? If so in what capacity, you are very knowledgeable it seems. I am also in the heathcare field, or should say I was, am now retired.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"Ta Da" introducing a new Super Bug that currently has the world of microbiology in an uproar. NDM1-gene/bacteria.

a new gene that allows any bacteria to become a superbug, and scientists are warning this type of drug resistance could soon appear worldwide

The super bug gene, which can be swapped between different bacteria to make them resistant to most drugs, has so far been identified in 37 people who returned to the U.K. after undergoing surgery in India or Pakistan.

The gene alters bacteria, making them resistant to nearly all known antibiotics. It has been seen largely in E. coli bacteria, the most common cause of urinary tract infections, and on DNA structures that can be easily copied and passed onto other types of bacteria.

"We are potentially at the beginning of another wave of antibiotic resistance, though we still have the power to stop it," said Christopher Thomas, a professor of molecular genetics at the University of Birmingham who was not linked to the study. Thomas said better surveillance and infection control procedures might halt the gene's spread.

Huffington Post

So we may get a chance to find out sooner than later if homeopathic medicine is just as effective against life threatening infections as traditional antibiotics.

For our sake let's hope so!

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I know antibiotics are for bacteria and never said they should be used for viruses. Viruses do mutate more rapidly because they are simpler organisms. I pointed out that it is not mutation that accounts for the development of superbugs, its the high use of antibiotics killing off all those that are vulnerable, so its the "superbugs" that are left to reproduce. Way to misread every point in my post.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well the strongest will survive thats all thier is to it. I never really trusted pills, antibiotic or not anyway.

I have used them sure but only as a last resort. Otherwise I let my body handle it and I rarely get sick.

Had the flu once never took nothing for it, was a week of hell but I have never had it since and afterwards if i get a cold it will last like 48 hours or so.

Unlike before I had the flu I would get a cold and it would last a week or more.

Then again some people have better immune systems then others so I could just have been lucky.

When I was young I got sick alot and in the 2nd grade I had my tonsils and adnoids removed from then on I started to get sick less and now i get the sniffles maybe every 2 years or so. So that could have had something to do with it.

Our society uses pills to much anyway you shouldn't use that crap unless its a dire need and your body can't take care of it itself.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Idotwhat

When I was young I got sick alot and in the 2nd grade I had my tonsils and adnoids removed from then on I started to get sick less and now i get the sniffles maybe every 2 years or so. So that could have had something to do with it.

Interesting you should mention getting your tonsils and adenoids removed. In the seventies my son and daughter were constantly getting throat and ear infections, tubes in the ears etc. in those days they were not taking out tonsils and adenoids, it took some but I finally found a doctor who would, the throat and ears infections stopped immediately after that and never came back. I am not an advocate for surgery but some cases where they have become infected this may be the only solution.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
People say that the antiphlogistic drugs are eqaul with antibiotics,is that true?If so ,what can i do without antiphlogistic drugs in the future,confused......

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by skyvia

Antiphlogistic Formula is a Chinese herbal formula used for acute inflammation of the throat, swollen glands, fever, and systemic infections including chronic viral disorders. Antiphlogistic Formula is also beneficial for cough with yellow phlegm, bronchitis and other upper respiratory infections.

www.holisticchineseherbs.com...

Since this isn't an antibiotic but a herbal formula I don't think it will be going away any time soon. If this works as well as antibiotics that is what I would take before any drug. What has your experience been with antiphlogistics?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yes I was for a long time.
Grew a lot of bacteria in college too... the experiments where we took swabs from the drinking fountains, and on top of toilet seats always grossed people out so badly that they never used them again after the results were posted. HAhahaha..
Now am at home, writing and also doing some other things.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Not only have they been overused, from cuts to small colds, they have also been improperly used.

If people do not follow the the perscriptions, for the full length of time required (due to thinking your well again) the few surviving bacteria that can be passed on by spreading germs will have developed a bit of resistance to that particular antibiotic, the next generation of bacteria also inherit a slight bit of resistance, once this pattern is repeated several times, you get a resistant strain of the virus.

It will mean that our medical advancements will go downhill as things like heart surgery, organ transplants - infact, all major operations will not be able to continue because of the resistances in harmful bacteria.

There is a real underline issue, mrls is a nasty resistant virus which has caused a lot of problems through hospital wards, although it isn't completely resistant yet - it can only be a matter of time.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yes, honey, honey and more honey, honey. It is truly a wonder substance and you don't have to buy New Zealand honey - find a local beekeeper and slather it on, internally and externally. Local honey will boost your immune system far more than imports from foreign environments. Local allergies are best treated with local products. And, local honey is sustainable and green - the carbon footprint in importing that NZ honey is very high and not necessary. Keep your locals employed.

Honey has phenomenal antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Studies of beekeepers (I mean the old guys who've been beekeeping for decades) have shown that this population has very low incidences of cancer, asthma, arthritis, colds and flu. Apitherapy (bee sting therapy) is also being used for treatment of lyme's disease with anecdotal success. It is, as this Poster notes, excellent for treating burns and wounds with quite amazingly fast healing.

Also eat propolis and royal jelly (the queen bees are fed a diet of royal jelly and I eat anything a queen eats). Great energy boosters - I used to down large quantities during my martial arts days.

For those interested in the more vain pursuits, try it as a facial at home. Clean skin thoroughly (I use plain old green bentonite clay [for external use only] with organic apple cider vinegar - that's a whole other wonder medicine from nature), rinse with water and then witch hazel. Then, take your fabulous honey, smear it all over your face and neck and apply a moist, warm cloth (aids in penetration of antioxidants and such into the skin) and relax, preferably in a nice hot epsom salt and organic sea salt bath. Afterward, accept the compliments on your fabulously youthful, vibrant skin.

It is important to buy honey that has the word RAW on the label. There's no such thing as organic (bees fly all over the place and one cannot regulate where they get their pollen from). A lot of manufacturers take some honey, mix it with very bad sugars and sell it to you as organic or natural. NO!!!! China does this. Their honey imports have been banned in the US, so, what they do is they sell it to mexico, who then sells this stuff across the border. The only word to trust is RAW - and if it's not on the label, don't buy it.

Hospitals and doctor's offices are places of disease. I lost my mother to VRE (vancomycin resistant enterococcus) over 10 years ago - and she got that disease FROM the hospital environment. This, unfortunately, is becoming an all-too-familiar story for many people. Prevention is FAR less expensive than all the garbage big pharma wants to put into you and do to you after your immune system is so compromised you get sick (at their hands, no less)

On a literary note, I highly recommend the book, "The Secret Life of Bees." Wonderful homage to a life led with bees and their products as the focal point of community, ritual, health and relationship.

All the best to you in your healing.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
My doctor had me use honey to prevent infection and applied it to the wound. Worked really well. Has anyone given any thought to Phage Therapy. Might be something to look into. Mind you the Drug Companies would really ark up about Phage Therapy.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm too busy to think deeply about this right now, but this is a fair point. Stocking up on painkillers and antibiotics without being tempted to become psychologically addicted to them and build a tolerance to them by accident would prove helpful when the SHTF

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by Idotwhat

Interesting you should mention getting your tonsils and adenoids removed. In the seventies my son and daughter were constantly getting throat and ear infections, tubes in the ears etc. in those days they were not taking out tonsils and adenoids, it took some but I finally found a doctor who would, the throat and ears infections stopped immediately after that and never came back. I am not an advocate for surgery but some cases where they have become infected this may be the only solution.

Thanks for posting.

I want my tonsils removed asap. LOL! Im in my 40's and Im sick of having them. Mine are huge. I hardly ever get sick as in throat or ear things, but theyre monsters and IF I get a sore throat, eating is impossible.
I didnt have mine removed because culturally, we just didnt go to Drs for things. My parents never went and I was hardly ever taken. I got the usual immunizations ( the ol round scar on the shoulder type) but that was for school.
With my own kids ( except the transplant recipient who lives at the Dr) I hardly ever take them to the Dr and they are hardly ever sick. Ive been criticized by friends and my husbands family for not having taken one of the kids here or there when they had a bug, but their bodies fought things off and they are fine in the end.I mean I dont take chances with them.. but run to the pediatrician for EVERY sniffle and puke session is ridiculous! They havent been antibiotic-ed to death.
Just as habit, I do a lot of things my parents did.. just as having grown up that way.. and I think its better IMO. An example..We dont "drink milk".. the kids never had ear infections, sinus issues, stomach problems.. all of that.My dad woudl say that milk was for baby cows, not humans to drink. I say that now PLUS its all pus and antibiotics.. YECH!! LOL! He drank buttermilk "medicinally" at times and we cooked with it, but it just wasnt a beverage. IMO again, I think the modern American cultural way of life is killing folks off and making kids sick. So many things I have noticed that other kids and their families do and did that mine didnt.. the kids would mention it and wonder why we didnt.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm allergic to antibiotics too and full well know the benefits of curing myself with natural remedies.
Not that it would surprise my neighbours kids, they already call me a witch.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
there are some herbs that do the job really well
Yarrow would be good example
In use several thousand years grows most places in the world

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Amen, and well said.

I suspect also that the singularity will arrive and we will successfully merge with nano-machines, rendering the concept of disease extinct through the indiscriminate use of pro-virii. Sadly, the "anti-bacterial" crowd will not survive the transition, having no viable immune system for the nano's to replicate.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I'm allergic to antibiotics too and full well know the benefits of curing myself with natural remedies.
Not that it would surprise my neighbours kids, they already call me a witch.

I have a trashy neighbor that calls me something close to "witch".. that count?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

My ex had his tonsils out when he was in his forties, more pain then a child would get but in his case it stopped the throat infections he used to get frequently.

Good luck if you decide to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join