It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know what to believe anymore...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I'm fairly new to ATS and conspiracies and right now I guess I've had a chance to let everything I have been researching sink in. The issue that I'm having now is that I have no idea what to believe. There are chemtrails, the Project Bluebeam, 2012, the Illuminati and NWO, reptilians, aliens and demons. There is a conspiracy for everything, it seems and most of them (if not all) spell out trouble for us all. It seems as though everything and everyone is out to get us.

I'm not saying that I believe all of these theories, just that I don't really know what to believe anymore. If any of this happens, of course I want to have the best chance of survival possible. What if none of it happens? What if I see lights in the sky? Is it bluebeam or aliens or really demons? How do I get my family to prepare for any of these scenarios without them thinking that I'm nuts?

I'm only at the beginning of my journey in learning these things. I take them all in with believing that it all may or may not be genuine, but that can only take you so far before the confusion and frustration sets in. I don't want to stop seeking knowledge. I would rather be unhappy and informed than ignorant and content as the former would put me in a better chance at making it through whatever is going on.

I'm not asking for you guys to convince me or anything. I just need to know how you are making your way through your quest for knowledge and how you sift through what is genuine and what is not. Thanks for your time and this is my first thread so please be gentle.

Also, Mods I wasn't sure where this went so if it's in the wrong place I'd be happy if you guys moved it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Just read what interests you and take it all with a grain, or a big honking tablespoon, of salt.

Some interesting things here but don't try to figure it all out at once.

You might try starting with things you might have experience with.

Ever see a ghost, ufo, bigfoot, psychopathic illuminati operative posing as a politician, politician posing as a human?

Baby steps.

Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Abrihetx

I completely relate. I remember when I first started "lurking", the mere size of the site and what seemed to be myriads of threads was intimidating.

And the subject matter.....can be overwhelming at times.

As far as what to believe? There is no rush. You've got plenty of time to read and mull over things before coming to any conclusions, and even if you never do, well, so what?

I still sit firmly on the fence about many topics here, and find that it's okay.
But reading and thinking about many different things is an absolute joy to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I came to ATS thinking I knew something was up. and like you now have come to know less other than much salt is needed .There are many intelligent people here and I guess I like to draw from them as much as my little brain can stand . have a good one and peace

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Read the material, discard most of it.

There are nuggets of truth everywhere, even in the most outrageous subjects.

As for prepping for some situation x. Prepare for the calamaties that are most likely to effect you where you live. Get in shape, learn first aid, make a plan for you and your loved ones which will help in a scenario which is likely to coccur ( such as flooding ect
. Don't spend a lot of time or money preparing for: Aliens, demons, jesus, dark stars,planet x.killer flu...you get my point. Those events are much less likely to happen then a flood or an earthquake or a hurricane, yet being prepared for the possible will make the impossible easier to manage.

The biggest conspiracy of all is to make us all look like nutters, and it's working very well.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
i treat it like a cheap detective movie. following hunches, chasing down leads..
gerald celente had a good tip- the minute a story of interest breaks grab all the
news before they spin it and start the cover-up. always consider the source-
like bp telling me the oil evaporated..(in my movie i slap tony hayward around
and let him have it) follow the money..they all leave tracks .
try mapper.nndb to see how people connect.
i like jesse venturas probes. global research.ca -armageddon online.
I'm good up to the aliens and such, then my skeptical nature kicks in.
i have enough down to earth mysteries to ponder.
i have taken photos of chem trails and later found ufos on the computer images.
that surprised me, as i had never seen one in my life..actually i didnt see it,
but discovered them- 6 definite crafts, none remotely familiar.
i watched the phil scheinder who contended he shot 2 greys..
he seemed pretty straight up. are there aliens in the govt.?
they seem pretty cold-blooded and inhumane, thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I first came here after a search engine took me to a thread about the NWO. This was the information I was looking for.

When I got here, I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of information. The sheer number of conspiracies.

I was so engrossed, my husband thought he had lost me for good. I spent every waking hour researching this or that.

After awhile, I realized that even though these things may be happening, it was much more important to be living my life.

I stand up for what I believe in, but everyday life and simple everyday problems come first. It is important for me to remain open-minded, but I have learned that a person can be consumed by anger and frustration. Take a break, live your life and stay informed.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I can only make a suggestion because everyone has a path unique to themselves.

Identify your Path, your own unique Journey through life. Is it a quest of Scientific Knowledge? Is it a Spiritual Path?

With the Scientific you might find that by "not believing" or committing to a belief you are opening the avenues of new ideas and data to support any findings you do stand for. Each new hypothesis or each new 'paradigm' allows you to better serve your intellect even if it could spell disaster for mankind. I don't think this approach really encompasses what we would normally call "belief" but more a level of certainty and substantiated data which can give you a foundation under you. (I don't mean to make that sound so callous.)

However, with the Spiritual it usually centers around a "Soul"; this is where you have to see your own Future and what it means to have a Soul. What does it take to nurture your Soul, and what elements might be presented that could possibly deter your Soul from finding the Truth? Is the Soul at risk? Is the Soul Everlasting? What the Soul require of you? These are the questions that open avenues of beliefs as they evolve within you and nurture you. Ultimately with the Spiritual Path you find that the quest is never-ending, and no amount of Doom can prevent the Journey.

With any Path you hold onto those things that validate you on that Path, those are the things you believe in, and they will carry you to where you ultimately need to go. Call it Faith on either end, blind or otherwise. One things for certain the very fact you say you don't know what to believe makes me realize you are beginning to Grow.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well,
before i came to all this conspiracy stuff, i was studying all the esoteric, magical and occult stuff since my childhood. I ever saw there was more to it than the mainstream of society leads us to believe.
I was on the grey side fisrt, the on the black but after very bad happenings i decided to stay at the light side. Since this time i am very happy with it and no "karmaic" happenings occured.

Through my own spiritual jurney i came really late ( at the age of sixteen) to all this con stuff. And i could see that there are terrifying relations and "coincidents" that sum up to the conclusion that there is really more to it then mainstream will teach you!

It is clear that the school systems teach you bull# and only from on side of view. And that is funded by the same guy who whant you to be a slave to the system.
Just ask yourself why arent other perspectives teached at school. Why is the world how it is? and it will show you ( with alot of intuition) that it only makes sense when you involve the occult characters into it!
They/we where decepted by this very demonic/negative energys through all time of history! And if you want try to break out of this system your only way is to hear to your inner voice and follow your intuition!

For the preparedness issue (to save your family) i can only give you the advise to get prepared for the worst! Make yourself and your family familar with survival technics and natural living! Easiest way to achieve (without being called a psycho) is to make nice trips to nature as often as possible. Try to be as self sufficient as possible. Show your family the advantages of being a gaya being, without electricity and else...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm guilty of wanting to believe a lot of things if not just to revel in that wave of awe that washes over me, the feeling that whispers there is more to this world than meets the eye. Ultimately though, I've never been able to completely get over my skepticism on any conspiracy. Evidence is a bugger! There just never seems to be enough to take me over that threshold of wanting to believe and actually believing~

The number one reason I probably come here is because I'm bored with life as we know it, and this place is good entertainment more often than not

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I just have searched for one of my crazy synchronitys that happened to me regarding first learning spiritual then learning that it is a conspiracy issue:

When i was about fifteen, i meditated and made astral travel. Once i was getting on the first plane it looked everything silver shiny like in a full moon night. There was a forest around and i was standing at a huge clearance. In the middle was a white temple like the greek or roman ones. Four huge white pillars holding a circled roof (more o f a ring, big hole in the mid)) and there was a women standing and waving to me. I quickly moved to her by focussing and entered with her the temple.

There was a black/white checkered floor, two smaller pillars and beside something that was looking like a small altar with candles etc. ... She took my hand and led me in front of the altar. She did something like a ritual and finally there was a stairway occuring between the two pillars. I stepped up and finally reached another plane...
Then few month after this i saw a book about caballah and the tree of life in the library and was interested in it. (But not related to the astral) I read and was stunned from the description of malkuth: Clearance, tempel, checkered floor and the two pillars! Wow!

And then i learned with eighteen that this is the same structure of every masonic loge in the world!
WTF?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You can involve yourself in all the conspiracy theories you want, but in the end it's someones theory. No one on this site can offer proof to 99 percent of the things they talk about here. Don't you find that a little odd?

I enjoy reading about a good conspiracy, I enjoy thinking on its possibilities, then I let it go and move on about my day. If any of them are really true, does it really matter?

You said you have a family? Enjoy them, that's what's real.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I completely understand where you're coming from, OP. Once I started reading "alternate" news, I had the some problem. It doesn't help that so many people seem to *want* to believe certain things despite overwhelming proof to the contrary. It's near impossible to debate, because everyone is so emotionally involved in being "right" that they will ignore reality to try and prove their point. And then you have the people who just accuse you of being an agent of the "bad side" (whatever side that is) trying to pass misinformation. You can't debate with people like that; their minds are already made up and reality takes a back seat.

Mostly I read conspiracy theories for entertainment. I'm not looking to take down any "New World Order". In fact, in case there's someone out there that still hasn't realized it, these "secret" groups aren't very good at being secret, so it really makes you wonder.

Other than entertainment, it can be inspiration to think outside of the box, which I consider a good thing.

Disasters (natural and otherwise) happen. It's always good to be prepared. I don't see anything paranoid with having a plan should something happen in the world requiring you to fend for yourself. To me that's just being prepared.

So take everything with a grain of salt, and try not to get too serious.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abrihetx
...I'm fairly new to ATS

First and foremost take a step back...and breath. This is ATS we are talking about not CNN.

How do I get my family to prepare for any of these scenarios without them thinking that I'm nuts?

2012 has been talked about for a while...I heard of it in 2005. There really isn't much preparation to be done. Consider it like 1999 Y2k all over again.
However a little preparation doesn't hurt. You don't have to get your family to prepare if you are a adult you just buy a little bit at a time and save it in your garage...You can put all of your survival stuff in a box labled "rainy day" or whatever. If you are a teenager...than chances are your family already has some sort of "worse day" survival stuff saved up already.
Chemtrails are real but they do no damage to us...they only are meant to obstruct out view.
As for the Aliens...and demons...wow. Ask yourself a few questions when watching these Alien videos:
Does this look like its CGI?
Has a Alien visitation ever been broadcasted...say on a News outlet?

Well time and experience should tell you we really have nothing to fear about "Aliens".

Demons are man's way of personifying a bad deed. I mean whenever some has been Celebrity goes on a interview they sometimes refer to their drug addiction as a demon.

Demons are not real...they are just a nice scape goat.

...The issue that I'm having now is that I have no idea what to believe...

My advice to you is believe what you want to believe. Don't let disinfo agents on either side sway you. If you want to believe in Aliens, and demons do so...but at least research, and consider all possibilities.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Abrihetx

Check the evidence.

For the NWO I'd say watch a few films on them and that fact
that they admit they exist.

CFR, Bilderberg, Club of Rome, Trilateral Commission, etc etc...

If aliens are way ahead of us in tech and wanted us dead, we'd be dead
so no sense in worrying about it.

As to all the others again I'd say look closely at the evidence.

The world is full of lies on many levels.

It is hard to sort thru it all, but just apply the scientific method.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks for your responses, guys. It is a little overwhelming at first. I forget what how I stumbled on this site, but at first it was very entertaining just to look around and read up on what is all out there. I guess what really made me start thinking a lot more about these things is that I'm starting to hear people that I work with offhandedly mention some of the things that I read here and I started to wonder if I should take it a little more seriously.

You guys are right, though. Grain of salt, and then research! The first step for me to take though is to take a deep breath and relax!

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I feel the way you do too. I am just narrowing it down to what actually draws my interest. I used to feel (sometimes still do) like I needed to know EVERY thing. I wish I could, but I can't. I have had to come to that realization in order to stay sane and also be able to take care of my normal (not) life. I wish I could just keep reading and reading and reading about everything. I can't. I also know that I can't believe all of what I read anyway. So I think and ponder what I've read and I've found that my previously underused brain can actually come up with some ideas. I still feel afraid at times, and confused too, but I know that the truth is out there and I am enjoying the journey to finding it out. This is beautiful. I don't know what else to say without just babbling on and on. I just wanted you to know that I can totally relate to how you feel.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I am sure you had interest in some of the topics on ATS before you came here, maybe it was earthquakes, hurricanes, politics, etc. Go where you are led by your interest, take small steps and don't get involved with discussion you know nothing about to try to prove a point - you will end up bashing heads. For those topics you are unsure about - read and ask a question on the thread if you like. I have learned a lot by asking a question, different answers sometimes but that's what makes it interesting. Look for those little grains of truth!

And most of all have FUN!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I look at everything, try to get a feel for every forum on here, at least the main ones. If I see something I don't like/disagree with, I read it anyways to see others' points of views and I've gotta say I've learned a ton here just lurking and once in a while I will post. So just explore and follow your heart and use common sense. While most people post pretty good stuff, once in a while you'll get that off the wall post hehe but that's what makes it fun.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I believe what I believe when I want to believe it....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join