It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer want to know what I've learned.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

And as I said, he'll get to live come 2013.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

All he was referring to was the time frame of 2 years, as in a terminal disease...

Dont put words in their mouth....

And I'm not into the 2012 doomsday scene but I do see a lot of trouble around...To call it all stupid is just, well , stupid

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

You know that you have absolutely no way to guarantee such a thing!

Our lives could end tomorrow!

Dreamwalker is just trying to come to grips with the end of the world as he knows it,or wanted it to be,as far as I can tell.

Just showing him a cold shoulder and ridicule only confirms that the world really can be a cold and heartless place to be,and while that may be true,it can't hurt to try and show some empathy for what he is feeling.

But,what you have to say is really none of my business. I just hate seeing anyone get kicked when they're already down.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

And as I said, he'll get to live come 2013.

Pretty easy to say as if you're wrong you wont be here to argue the point..

If you are not into this partucular theory why bother trying to nit pick faults with the op?

Go read a thread you can actually add to..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

in the last days the sun will go as black as sack cloth, the moon shall turn red as blood, 2 suns shall appear, one in the east one in the west, the dead shall rise out of there graves and the sea shall cast up it's dead, should i stop? or keep going, i think people should know what is in store for them. if 2012 is the date, for no man knows the time nor hour when there will be the knock on the door, "for i will come as a thief in the night"

I'm guessing this is some quote from Revelations? Whatever it is, I can tell you this. When people post comments like yours above, I can't do anything but get ticked off.

Two suns shall appear? How is this gonna happen? Will they be hitching a ride to our galaxy from the "thief in the night?" The dead are going to rise? Fantastic! I hope someone's got a movie camera so we can film a "Night of the Living Dead 2010."

And after all of that, you act as if the rest of us just couldn't handle the rest of what awaits us. If we're lucky, maybe the zombies will perform the dance routine from Michael Jackson's "Thriller" before they come after us because, trust me, they will. I know I would if I finally had been laid to rest and someone came along and told me to get back up again!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

But,what you have to say is really none of my business. I just hate seeing anyone get kicked when they're already down

I can appreciate your compassion, we could use more on earth. But I have to ask, isn't there just as much possibility that this isn't really about someone "getting kicked when they're down" as it is about a person who's gone a little overboard with research to the point it's been emotionally unhealthy? I mean, regardless of what lay ahead, in no way, shape, or form is the OP's opening statement helpful to humankind. He predicts the end of days, but doesn't give any other info, just gloom and doom and a sense of giving up. "It's all over"" Why carry on."

What's the point of this thread? To spread negative energy? It's fear mongering when, in reality, we don't know what's going to happen. We've heard these kinds of doomsday predictions many times and we're still sitting here.

Probably all of us who set out to find some truth about this world find that there is no turning back when you get to a certain point. Too much of this stuff can be harmful, in my opinion. Sometimes you have to walk away to think clearly.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Would you really let others run down the rabbit hole?

If this is so big release it to wiki leaks.

An ever growing trashpile the size of texas in the ocean and a giant covered up oil spill is looking pretty end worldy to me. please verify this for me so I can spend the next 2 years doing i only got 2 years to live stuff. Like... losing my virginity.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by oilwatchernx2]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

You can "learn" a lot by spending late nights garnering information from the internet. Based on a cursory look around the internet, I've learned a lot about 2012 - that there's a giant planet surreptitiously hiding behind the Sun waiting to strike, that a solar storm (one of the more tolerable theories) is going to wipe out everything electronic on Earth and that there's going to be an alien insurrection as predicted in the X-Files. I wish I could forget the things I've researched about 2012 too, but for very different reasons.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Nathan-D]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I no longer want to know what I've learned from reading this thread.

Any tips?

One of them MIB mind nullifiers would be good about now.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D

LOL

I wish I could forget alot of that crap too.

But you gotta wade through all the crap to get to the truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
All that suspense for some stupid catholic prophecy.
Jesus died ppl the earth is billions of years old and oceans cannot be parted.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wow. Thanks Dreamwalker, I was unaware of this prophecy... I'm learning alot with this three days of darkness.

I always wondered how they'd get the false prophet enthroned. The three days of darkness probably has nothing to do with this little gadget (sun shield ostensibly for anti-global warming ) www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

After doing my best dreamwalker74 not to respond to this thread I felt I must share this YOU ARE ETERNAL. Yes 1 can understand the mental grief you may possess after lord knows what you have witnessed or experienced. But you must except it like the rest of us what ever it is my friend. Sure noone wants to go through the phases of life and death. The thing is we are all here for a reason and 1 must remain FEARLESS no matter what the interaction is to be. We have all sinned, YES so we must all pay for our sins with death, YES but our souls are much more powerfull then this physical plane. As far as the 2012 not sure that is correct date but may be in ball park +or- either way you are here I am here everyones here so we atleast get to deal with it together....Peace

[edit on 8/18/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Those that say we are all prophets.....are full of crap. These think that being a prophet is an fun and great thing. Well maybe in the Halls of Sham-bhala, but not on team God.

Shambhala (Tib. bde 'byung) is a Sanskrit term comprising swayam + bhala meaning self benefited or swayam + bala meaning self powered. Commonly it is understood to be a "place of peace/tranquility/happiness". Shakyamuni Buddha is said to have taught the Kalachakra tantra on request of King Suchandra of Shambhala; the teachings are also said to be preserved there. Shambhala is believed to be a society where all the inhabitants are enlightened, actually a

Shambhala

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Actually the three days of darknes refers to a temporary cessastion of the rotation of the earth. So... I'm with the OP. Sadly.

my question is...

would you rather be on the side of darkness or the side of sunlight during those 3 days?

I'm going to g with darkness on this one, I can barely take the sun for a few hours let alone 3 days...

added-

if Islamic prohecy is correct, either the earth is going to physically flip poles, or its going to change its rotation...

Islam is the only religion that prophesies that the sun will rise from the West, instead of from rising from the East, in the last phase of the End Times, before Day of Judgement. Both the Quran and the Hadith affirm that this phenomenon will take place. The occurrence of this phenomenon is considered in Islam as one of the major signs that indicate the Day of Judgement is very close.

www.discoveringislam.org...
-

[edit on 18-8-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I havent visited things suggested but, zombies? I respect your religions, but zombies? I dont want to offend people but, zombies?

I love this board but really, on a religious veiw, yes I beleive in God. But if God is forgiving and merciful, why would he senslessly murder his children here on Earth? Jesus died for our sins, so why does God need to kill each and every one of his children on Earth?

I respect everyones opinions here, dont get me wrong, if someone needs an ego boost by having an argument with someone online go ahead. But last time there was the 2000 apocolypse people commited suicide. People commit suicide when things like this are meant to happen and really its rather sad when nothing happens.

Im sorry I dont beleive in the 2012 thing, and I dont believe in a planet right behind the sun, which scientists havent spotted. Im sorry I dont beleive in zombies. The most I am willing to beleive in is something good.

Once again I am sorry for not beleiving what you guys beleive in. But Im not going to change.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanineGallows
I havent visited things suggested but, zombies? I respect your religions, but zombies? I dont want to offend people but, zombies?

as pointed out others, the effects of radiation poisoning could easily be interpreted by ancient seers as zombies...

and if there are 3 days that get direct sunlight, thats ALOT of radiation

edit - gotta mention the possibility of nuclear weapon radiation also.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Being wherever the sun has just risen, or just set, would be the best scenario. Only problem is there is no way to know where those places will be. Also if those places are at that time under water, or volcanic ash, wouldn't make much difference.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Is the world as we know it going to soon end? Yes. Does it have anything to do with the 2012 thing? No.

Actually, there is much reason for hope and I have been living with knowledge of the Truth for over five years now. Do I feel as you do? Not at all - because there's HOPE. I look forward to the destruction of evil and the balancing of the scales and the renewal of a world that has become nothing but complete chaos since being under the rulership of that tin god Satan.

Dreamwalker, I don't know you but I'm writing you specifically because I want to relay this message both to you and any others who may be feeling downtrodden due to the state of the world today. Toss everything you've researched and learned about 2012 into the rubbish bin because truly, that is where it belongs. It doesn't matter and it contains more falsehoods than it does truth. Creation has been heading towards what we're in the midst of for a long time. Over 6,000 years now. It has been prophesied to occur, and it will. There is no stopping it.

While there is a plan for the destruction there is also a plan for the rebuilding and of eternal life lived in peace and harmony with all of creation. The here and the now, it's not important. What is truly important is the prospect of eternal life. There is also a plan in place for the rescue of the faithful.

It has nothing to do with man-made religion, traditions, color or race. It has to do with Truth and the good news is that it's not too late. There's still time to change and though it's not a lot of time, it's time. You are loved. You are wanted. But there are two conditions that must be met - a good heart condition, and a belief and acceptance of Christ as Lord and Savior.

I encourage you (but will not twist your arm) to visit the links in my signature and do some research there. It is not God's will that any should perish, which is why we have been asked to spread the good news in these End Times - so that there will be hope and, because the truth is a double-edged sword, so that all are warned.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

in all honesty, I believe that if the Earth stopped its rotation, there would be a mass ejection of volcanic activity, and it would cause global cloudcover anyways

so I'm hoping that will be enough to block out most of the suns radiation for those not on the side facing away from the sun

of course the tsunamis are the biggest threat at that point. fortunately I don't live on a western coastline, but I fear for those that do.

most likely there will also be massive tectonic displacement. Cayce's rise of Atlantis comes to mind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join