It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer want to know what I've learned.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

no i think a germ will get us, Ebola, N1H1, some kind of flu if you must know but yes i was referring the the good book the word of god, well my god, and yes i do believe that they will happen, when do not know, it will be something to see do you not agree?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

some people now the truth and they are to scared to say what they know, some think it is do to ,how should i put this , "loosing ones mind" the fear of being locked up , or even disappearing, by TPTB. if you knew how and when would you say?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by bekod]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
This is a pointless thread.... If you're not going to give any facts of what you have found, you're only making people more curious to do the research. You're not warning anyone without the facts. So why not save everyone pointless hours of research, when you can just tell us? I've researched 2012 for the past 5 years or so, I think I've read pretty much everything there is. So have you found something out that most people wont? Either talk about it, or don't post. That is the point of ATS.

I've got to agree with you completely on this one mate, I called out the OP on his "research" and was basically told to bugger off, that's not the spirit of the site at all.

I'm not even sure what the OP intends to do with this thread except spread fear and ignorance. If I was in possession of information of the severity that he claims to be I would not just be posting it here but also going to every media outlet that would listen.

My editor loves to send me the so-called nutters that come in claiming to have secret information, and my phone was quite quiet at work today.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Yeah.. I completely agree.. I really dislike these sort of threads, "I know a terrible secret.... but you're better off not knowing"..

*sigh*

Don't even make the thread if you're not even going to talk about your theories..
What's up with that?
Are you afraid someone might debunk them and shatter your worldview?

Some people here thrive on doom and gloom.. I'm pretty sure we can handle reading about what you think is gonna happen.

In the words of the rapper Bonecrusher:

"I ain't never scared!"
"I ain't never scared

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

I've read through the forum and was interested in the OP's research.
I don't wish to insult you but I have a few questions.

What lead you to start this research in 2000?

What kind of research did you do? Did you go to bookstores and libraries? Were you using old books? If so can you share with me the oldest reference of 2012? I only heard about it in 2005 and was under the impression that the theory was surfaced in 1999.

If you are a hundred % certain of this 2012 event or events are you preparing or is there no possible way to prepare?

Also I know this may be asking a lot (since you have thousands of pages of research )can you summarize 10 pts of your research in bullet?

Or give your thoughts on the way this will play out?

Not looking to debunk anything just looking to hear what you have to say.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have decided to research in the other direction, as in, did anything significant happen 26,000 years ago? And 52,000 years ago?

Found this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

which talks about the dark rift a little bit. Interesting read, just 1 page. I am still researching other things, it sounds like there may have been some turbulent times, as now with the floods and stuff. Might just depend where a person lives as to whether the next few years will be calm or not.

This thread about ice ages www.aquarian-age.net...

People have been around for hundreds of thousands of years, made it through whatever happens every 26,000 years.

A major plus, no zombies found!!

Now, back to researching.......

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I come to ATS for intelligent discussion. Does anyone see the problem here? Maybe it's time to go.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
If so can you share with me the oldest reference of 2012? I only heard about it in 2005 and was under the impression that the theory was surfaced in 1999.

I know I first heard about 2012 way back in '93-'94 or so, and that was with McKenna's Timewave Zero

edit - TV show called 'Sightings'

[edit on 18-8-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I have decided to research in the other direction, as in, did anything significant happen 26,000 years ago? And 52,000 years ago?

Found this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

which talks about the dark rift a little bit. Interesting read, just 1 page. I am still researching other things, it sounds like there may have been some turbulent times, as now with the floods and stuff. Might just depend where a person lives as to whether the next few years will be calm or not.

This thread about ice ages www.aquarian-age.net...

People have been around for hundreds of thousands of years, made it through whatever happens every 26,000 years.

A major plus, no zombies found!!

Now, back to researching.......

now I have to read that thread...

as posted before, here is a good thread w/ video presentation about 26,000 year cycle of passing thru the rift, along with what has been mentioned earlier about coriolis effect

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Hey...come on now...I think something will happen on 2012, but I don't know that it will be "the end"...even if it is the end of the human race and/or the Earth, that doesn't particularly mean it's the end of you...but I think I'd rather know the truth...I'm just that type of person, whether bad or good, give me that facts as they are, I will not live my life based upon lies. EVER!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Thank you for being civil. My studies actually began in 2000, while I was independantly researching the ancient Mayan cultures. Also started reading books by Michio Kaku, and others regarding theoretical physics. I didn't let up on either. At that point I started looking at the extinction of the Neandrithals.
from there I started looking at the different ways gravity was being manipulated and, how the end research applied to our Universe. From there I started looking at Black holes, and the possibility of one in the center of our Galaxy, until it was confirmed. Then I started looking at global warming, and how it could be a part of a long term cycle VS. man made. Then started looking at the physical concepts of the Gravitational effects of the Galactic equator, and the, the super massive black hole that has proven to sit in the center. Then I started looking at the rotational properties of the universe as a whole, individual galaxies, Solar systems and planets. I then started to look at the rotational properties on our planet, and how they relate to the cosmos as a whole. Then I started to worry.

Fine, Ive already attempted this for an individual member, I'll give you a very brief summary breakdown, Though it doesn't even touch the amount of reasearch I have done on this. Feel free to ridicule, which I'm sure you will. That's becoming what this site is famous for. But here is a very, very brief synopsys of what I have found.

For me to be truly descriptive would take thousands and thousands of pages, where I would even then need to point out the connections between all the theories and laws. Though I will do my best to give you the most basic breakdown I can. If their are specifics you want to know after the fact, I will be happy to answer them. Warning this is technically very boring, (even in short form).

First it all starts with the Coriolis effect, which on a very small level (on earth) determines the direction hurricanes and Typhoons spin. A hurricane spins in one direction, because it is in the Northern Hemisphere, where A typhoon spins in the opposite direction being in the Southern Hemisphere. If a hurricane was to drift south to the equator itself, the closer it got, it would slow down. Once it reached the equator, it would lose its spin completely and therefore dissapate completely. If on the other hand a hurricane were a large solid object and not just rotating air, it would after stopping, continue through the equator, and at that point begin to revolve in the opposite direction. This is not only an effect that occurs on planets but also galaxies.

That brings us to Angular momentum, which is believed to be the reason planets the sun and the solar system all rotate. It starts with a nebulous cloud, either large enough to create a Galaxy, or a break-off small enough to form a Solar System. Most of these clouds rotate. In a large one, because of the coriolis effect of the universe itself, which also rotates. In the case of a solar system, rotating because of the coriolis effect of the galaxy which is rotating as a whole. There are rare cases where small clouds that are in a neutral, equatorial area of the universe do not spin, and they form a single "non-rotating" star that has no planets. When on offshute nebula such as the one that created our Solar System (which is likely the case because we are at the edge) goes through an up-down wave pattern around the outskirts of the Galaxy it will pass through the Galactic equator, which will spin the nebula in the opposite direction, therefore causing a mass collision of the elements in that nebula and helping gravity to form stars planets asteroids, and all particulate matter that is pulled together over eons.

Once again, as has happened millions and millions of times since the conseption of our solar system, on December 21st 2012 we will pass through the Galactic equator of the Milky Way.At which time the coriolis effect and the angular momentum of or solar system will reverse, as it always has. Everything in our solar system, will stop its current rotation and then start rotating in the opposite direction. The best of physicist figure this event would take a total of 72 hours.

This is not a nice gradual event it is a violent event where the Earth will come to a stand-still and then start revolving in the opposite direction. The main problem for earth is the amount of water, and the amount of magma underneith our feet. The liquids have enough built up kenetic energy that:

1. Every volcano on earth is likely to erupt simultaneously.

2. Every tectonic plate on Earth will shift dramatically, causing catastrophic earthquakes.

3. The size of the tidal waves and sunamis will be monsterous.

4. New continents will be pushed up from the oceans, while existing ones will sink to the depths.

5. Storms at the equator could reach sustained winds of over 800 miles per hour.

6. At the "stopping point" the sun on one side of the earth will be up for 72 hours straight, bringing average temperatures to over 200 dregrees

7. The other side of the planet will be plunged into freezing darkness for the same amount of time.

8. Volcanic ash will rain down across the entire planet, in some areas miles deep.

Better yet, in the center of our Galaxy, there is a super massive black hole. When we pass through the equator we will be able to feel the results of its gravity, even though we are on the outskirts. This may displace all planets on a small level, though will likely displace the asteroid belt completely, possible putting many large sized asteroids directly in our gravitational path.

See told you, boring reading. Though if your still awake, thanks for reading.

like I said this is a very very condensed form of the physics itself, and becomes difficult to break it down like this.

Please excuse grammar and spelling, too long to edit.

-Thanks, Dreamwalker74

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

yeah that pretty much sums it up...

now here come the 'debunkers'

nice to see that you are one of many people that have come to this same conclussion thru independent research

edit - spelling

[edit on 18-8-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Thank you very much. That is interesting as it coincides with the Mayans saying we would pass through a dark rift.
More questions:
How could the Mayans have known about the Black Hole?
Also I pretty much always laugh off the Nibiru theories and worm wood but ... how does that come into play?

As a side note to commenters: The above is how you get someone to share their research. You just ask...with a open mind... and you shall receive. Try acting your age not your shoe size and for the really young try acting as if you are a reporter at a really formal benefit.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by packinupngoin]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by packinupngoin]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Thank you for that post, nice work, it corroborates everything I know, and also gives me an answer to my final question, the actual cause and effects of passing through the equator. Scientists estimate the full up-down cycle takes about 62 million years to complete. When was the last mass extinction? Also, did you know the Mayans have a name for a span of time stretching 63 million years, coincidence?

1 pictun = 20 baktun = 2,880,000 days = approx. 7885 years
1 calabtun = 20 pictun = 57,600,000 days = approx. 158,000 years
1 kinchiltun = 20 calabtun = 1,152,000,000 days = approx. 3 million years
1 alautun = 20 kinchiltun = 23,040,000,000 days = approx. 63 million years
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/654a45af9c3d.jpg[/atsimg]

Now check out these links below...

Mass extinction comes every 62 million years, UC physicists discover

With surprising and mysterious regularity, life on Earth has flourished and vanished in cycles of mass extinction every 62 million years, say two UC Berkeley scientists who discovered the pattern after a painstaking computer study of fossil records going back for more than 500 million years.

Their findings are certain to generate a renewed burst of speculation among scientists who study the history and evolution of life. Each period of abundant life and each mass extinction has itself covered at least a few million years -- and the trend of biodiversity has been rising steadily ever since the last mass extinction, when dinosaurs and millions of other life forms went extinct about 65 million years ago.

www.dailygalaxy.com... and www.livescience.com...

Research has revealed that the rise and fall of species on Earth seems to be driven by the undulating motions of our solar system as it travels through the Milky Way. Some scientists believe that this cosmic force may offer the answer to some of the biggest questions in our Earth’s biological history—especially where evolution has fallen short.

Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley found that marine fossil records show that biodiversity increases and decreases based on a 62-million-year cycle. At least two of the Earth's great mass extinctions-the Permian extinction 250 million years ago and the Ordovician extinction about 450 million years ago-correspond with peaks of this cycle, which can't be explained by evolutionary theory.

Early last year, a team of researchers at the University of Kansas came up with an out-of-this-world explanation for the phenomenon. Their idea hinges upon the fact that stars move through space and sometimes rush headlong through galaxies, or approach closely enough to cause a brief cosmic tryst.

Our own star moves toward and away from the Milky Way's center, and also up and down through the galactic plane. One complete up-and-down cycle takes 64 million years- suspiciously close to the Earth's biodiversity cycle.

Once the researchers independently confirmed the biodiversity cycle, they then proposed a novel mechanism whereby which the Sun's galactic travels is causing it.

www.itwire.com...

As the Earth’s solar system travels around the center of the Milky Way galaxy, it also wobbles up and down from the galaxy’s disc. U.S. scientists found that these swings take about 62 million years to complete—thus, may expose the Earth to higher doses of dangerous cosmic ray that may also cause mass extinctions.

Galactic Drift and Mass Extinction

With a 3-million year uncertainty in the calculations, that 64 million year cycle matches well enough with the 62 million year cycle of extinctions. The match resonates with Richard Muller, who says of the KU team: “They succeeded where I failed in coming up with a possible explanation for the effect that we observed.” And if they’re right, we have time to prepare for the next major event, since the Solar System has just passed the mid-plane of the galaxy.
---
The extinction event that cries out for explanation here is the most recent, the Cretaceous/Tertiary dinosaur extinction that dates back some 65 million years. It’s exceptional in this context because it occurred within two million years of the Solar System’s mid-plane galactic crossing.

Finally, here is quote showing a diagram I drew a year or so ago which basically sums up what I believe:

Originally posted by CHA0S

Originally posted by Jim Scott
curious.astro.cornell.edu...
There seems to be a problem with the 63 million year number, as it is closer to 35 million. The basis for your argument is unfounded.

Of course the Sun won't keep on going in this direction forever. In fact we approximate it's motion by an 'epicycle' on top of the mean motion around the Galaxy. The period of oscillation in and out of the plane of the galaxy (up and down) is about 70 million years. This means that we pass through the Galactic midplane about every 35 million years which some people have compared with the period between mass extinctions on Earth to come up with yet another doomsday theory. In fact it is true that the number of cosmic rays which hit the Earth will increase during the (about a) hundred thousand years we are closer to the Galactic plane. There have also been some plausible theories about the overall temperature of the Earth increasing (with the relevent climatic changes that implies).

Yes...we pass through the galactic belt about every 30-35My...a FULL CYCLE takes around 63My...and mass extinctions seem to happen around every 62My...here's what I think is happening...please excuse the dodgy handwriting:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d62afed77fc0.jpg[/atsimg]

So, basically, as you can see in this picture, I believe that when we move below the galactic belt, the sudden polarity shift may affect us, or there is something on that side of the belt which affects the life on Earth very harshly.
---
I'm not saying the Earths poles are going to flip...I just mean that the position of our solar system and Earth has changed galactic polarity...the galaxy is probably somewhat like an insanely huge magnet or something like that...I'm not really sure, but it's obvious that some sort of polarity will be shifted when we move through to the other side of the galaxy...and i have no idea if the Earths poles will shift along with it...

EDIT: So, the "polarity" I seem to be hypothesizing about is in fact explained in your prior post.

[edit on 18/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I have personally seen throughout all of my studies, other than the works of Those who have studied the Sumerian culture, any scientific evidence or proof of Nibiru. The question on the Mayans though is fascinating. We are learning more and more that actual "societies" have possibly existed for hundreds of thousands of years. It is possible that the last time this happened, it was so bad, they litterally formed a religion around it, and those who were left, were entitled all day every day to try to figure out when it would happen again. Their calendar is amazing.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't personally believe that the world will be coming to an end anytime soon. It does kindof scare me about the D.U.M.B.S and seed/DNA vaults.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I know what you are talking about. When my loved one died i fell into some sort of cluelessness and i almost started to believe too strongly in the things i read (conspiracies and metaphysics and such).

When i noticed this all i could was smile to myself. It really sneaks up on you if you are not careful. Just like someone can blindly believe in something totally absurd (like the war on drugs...) one can believe in something that has no scientific basis, only (faulty) human logick backing it up (2012, simulation model of universe...)

Keep critical, be suspicious, stay real

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Wow, somebody else did their homework. Feel crazy yet? No matter how many tell you you are?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by network dude

Before you make that guarantee, you may want to look into a few things: The Coriolis affect. Why hurricanes and typhoons can not cross the equator. Angular momentum as how it relates to the rotation of planets, solar systems, and galaxies. The galactic equator and the theoretical physics of its effects. The gravitational properties of the galaxy and its effects on our solar system. Angular momentum of black holes, zero gravity alignments, and the effects on the planet and the solar system if all planets in it came to a stop and then started rotating in the opposite direction.

I know, not exactly light reading, but it is interesting

I know what you're getting at. As our solar system makes it's downward trek through the galactic plane the effects of the gravitational "pancake" of the rapidly spinning supermassive black hole at the center of the galaxy will have the effect of reversing the rotation of all rotating bodies as they cross through the field. But first, rotation wll come to a grinding halt.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join