It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer want to know what I've learned.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
We're all going to die. It could happen tomorrow or today or 2012. More and more horrible things will happen and from our point of view we see no end to it but some day it all will go away. We don't need 2012 to die and suffer. Many people are suffering right now and it's much easier when it happens to someone else but we're all going to suffer. Until then, enjoy your life, be kind to everyone, study what you want and everything will be fine. There's nothing to fear, we're all going to die anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Hi dreamwalker-

I'm sorry you feel this way. We all must go through the process of death there is no getting out of it. Instead of being sad that it is 2 years away be happy that it could be any day not just 12-12-2012 or 12-21-2012.

I look at death as a celebration, and I hope people have a good time at my funeral because I will only truly be free when I take my last breath.

Live life and remove the chains that have been put on us, that is what gives us power and freedom. Be happy to have known this life and to have been able to learn right from wrong, positive from negative. If we never lived this life we would never know the difference between the two.

If I die today, may I die with a smile on my face

keep your head up my friend

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by On the Edge

But,what you have to say is really none of my business. I just hate seeing anyone get kicked when they're already down

I can appreciate your compassion, we could use more on earth. But I have to ask, isn't there just as much possibility that this isn't really about someone "getting kicked when they're down" as it is about a person who's gone a little overboard with research to the point it's been emotionally unhealthy? I mean, regardless of what lay ahead, in no way, shape, or form is the OP's opening statement helpful to humankind. He predicts the end of days, but doesn't give any other info, just gloom and doom and a sense of giving up. "It's all over"" Why carry on."

What's the point of this thread? To spread negative energy? It's fear mongering when, in reality, we don't know what's going to happen. We've heard these kinds of doomsday predictions many times and we're still sitting here.

Probably all of us who set out to find some truth about this world find that there is no turning back when you get to a certain point. Too much of this stuff can be harmful, in my opinion. Sometimes you have to walk away to think clearly.

In your previous response to bekod,you were the one who said these threads ticked you off and then you proceeded to mock his beliefs. Isn't that being "negative"?

In no way was this thread about him being kicked when he was down,but it seems to have become that. Perhaps he didn't go into detail because he figured no one would believe him anyway,which is what always happens when anyone shares that kind of idea,about the end of days,tribulation,or what have you.

That kind of knowledge,real or imagined,can be emotionally unhealthy,until a person finds a way to turn it into a positive,and he is warning others not to look too hard or they too might feel overwhelmed. Seems sincere to me. I've often wondered if it isn't more compassionate to spare some people certain truths myself!

You summed it up in your last paragraph,"sometimes there's no turning back",which is all he was saying,too.

Alot of people these days probably feel like "giving up". From people losing their homes,their jobs,their dreams,their hopes for their children to have a better future. To them,their reality may look like just "gloom and doom",too. There's going to be alot more who succumb to depression in the times ahead,and maybe a little compassion goes a long way? You don't have to agree with them to be able to sympathize,just try to understand where they are coming from. (There is alot of real "negative energy" in the world today,and anyone who doesn't sense that is probably numb or in denial. Love and compassion is the only alternative,in my opinion.)

I'm not trying to change your mind about how you feel. Like I told Chadwicks,it's really none of my business what anyone else wants to say here or anywhere else. Just felt like I should respond,since you addressed me.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You want us to just be ignorant about everything, and live our life like a sheep so we dont crash down and burn like your head are doin right now... spinning around with no controll..

Feels like you want to reach out for those who are halfway there, to make us quit chasing the truth, the few people that actually know whats happening in the near future, does not concern you?

What happened to you man ? what made you love your wool all over again? u like being a slave`? you say ignorance is a bliss ??? so why did you even care to be born dude? you must have something great for yourself to give to this world? not this, make us all vanish and still eat grass...

link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Ash as cloud cover would be good as far as blocking out the sun. Though seriously bad when it comes down.

link   
Surely, there are lots of terrible things in the world, but at the same time, its the best time to be alive in our history. I wouldn't want to live in any other time. I understand its daunting at times, but at the same time, I have hope and faith in good and in good people.

Here is my favorite Lord of the Rings quote, as Frodo is a little depressed about his situation and Gandalf counsels him:

"I wish none of this had happened." (Frodo)

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." (Gandalf)

The power to decide is very powerful, the essence of who we are. Lets do good things with that power.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74

Ash as cloud cover would be good as far as blocking out the sun. Though seriously bad when it comes down.

makes you wonder why they are building all those underground cities

like Devner International Airport...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Moclips
Surely, there are lots of terrible things in the world, but at the same time, its the best time to be alive in our history. I wouldn't want to live in any other time.

I agree. The fameous chinese curse comes to mind:
"May you live in interesting times"

The curse definitely is on us.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

why worry about that which you have no control? be worried about forgetting to take the trash can to the curb. Be worried about if you set the alarm. Don't worry about 12-27-2012. It will be a beautiful day and a star filled night. 12-28-2012 it will rain.

I sometimes wish I could go back to believing that a few hijackers stole 4 planes and crashed them into 3 buildings. Just put all the hate towards radical Islam. It was easy to deal with then.

I will give you a personal guarantee that nothing catastrophic will happen in December of 2012. In fact, I will bet you 1 million dollars. If we are around on January 1st 2013, I will tell you where to send the check.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Though the inevitable tectonic movement you refered to might have made that a bad idea, although maybe the only idea.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Before you make that guarantee, you may want to look into a few things: The Coriolis affect. Why hurricanes and typhoons can not cross the equator. Angular momentum as how it relates to the rotation of planets, solar systems, and galaxies. The galactic equator and the theoretical physics of its effects. The gravitational properties of the galaxy and its effects on our solar system. Angular momentum of black holes, zero gravity alignments, and the effects on the planet and the solar system if all planets in it came to a stop and then started rotating in the opposite direction.

I know, not exactly light reading, but it is interesting

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hoo, buddy. I appreciate the effort and I think your intentions are good. But consider the subject matter, which hasn't got the most positive connotation when you start "researching" it on the web. Doing that for 10 years will no doubt have an impact.

Here's the thing and I don't mean this as an insult - when it comes to future events, nobody knows anything. What you've done (in my opinion) is to "learn" enough negative stuff to make you unsettled. Step away, man. Smell some flowers or take a trip somewhere fun. Get some perspective.

No matter what, this is what I can guarantee, if there isn't anything you can do about it, there's no sense worrying about it. If there is something you can do about it, there's no sense worrying about it.

Consider just for a moment, what if what you think you know is wrong? Hang in there. We'll be fine.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

I like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

that's just it, if I win, we all win, if you win, we all die, and I won't have to pay up since I would be killed in a catastrophic event. See how easy it is to not worry about it? I don't care. I do however, try to live my life with as few regrets at the end of each day as I can. I feel that if a bus hit me today, I would have lived a good life and wouldn't change too much. ( I wouldn't be such a dumbass with my investments)

You have no control over anything related to 2012 except your attitude. Deal with that.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by network dude]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

First, I would never have the actual $1,000,000. $100 might be closer. I know ironic of me that I would tell people not to do any research, and then give them material and suggest they do. I just get flustered. Trust me I try to ignore my ideals as much as possible, have fun, and live with a smile. Though there will always be a shadow of knowledge, which looms and makes me wonder. More than anything makes me wonder "Is there anything I can do about it?" I do realize I'd have to be egotistic as hell to think this way, still shouldn't somebody think it? If I just learn more, and can be more precise, can I save people? Alot of people? Just my family? I want to live. I hope I'm not right. Though the squirrel who researches cars, and knows to get out of the way, is far less likely to end up roadkill.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
after discussing it, I found that certain members research didn't include Ivan 'Evon' Stein's theories...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

for those that want to take a look at a different angle on the possible end of civilization scenarios, this is a good one

edit - would like to note, that 2012 is possibly a decoy so that we don't actually prepare until its too late...

alot of suggestions is that the actual date is closer to 10/28/2011

human nature is to prepare at the last minute, most people wouldn't start until the beginning of 2012 for whatever may happen 12 months later.

but if it is in fact oct 2011, then it is too late.

the people that know something is coming have already prepared, and that brings me back to the MANY underground cities that the governments have built in the past few decades. they obviously have known about this for a while

[edit on 18-8-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

All these comments were to be expected.
I wanted you to know that I made this same statement to someone about 20 minutes before reading your post. You are not alone. I am not some "conspiracy theorist".... Because there is a huge difference in "theory" and "fact". I understand the desire to throw in the towel. Ignorance truly is bliss. But what good is bliss when it is only an illusion? While these thoughts are heavy with truth, you must be thankful that you possess the ability to comprehend these things, unlike most people you will meet in your lifetime. This is me, sending my love to you. We are 'doomed' and always have been.... whether or not this fact is 'self-fulfilled' or 'inevitable' is really irrelevant.... because it is there... no matter what reason. Please accept this love as fuel for your fire... don't let it burn out. We all could use a little extra light.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74

Before you make that guarantee, you may want to look into a few things: The Coriolis affect. Why hurricanes and typhoons can not cross the equator. Angular momentum as how it relates to the rotation of planets, solar systems, and galaxies. The galactic equator and the theoretical physics of its effects. The gravitational properties of the galaxy and its effects on our solar system. Angular momentum of black holes, zero gravity alignments, and the effects on the planet and the solar system if all planets in it came to a stop and then started rotating in the opposite direction.

I know, not exactly light reading, but it is interesting

Wow, slow down there mate!

First of all, I'll side with NASA, EUSA, FKA and most major universities in the thought that we're going to be ok from an astronomical angle in 2012.

We're not doing anything in our movement through the cosmos in 2012 that we haven't already done, many many times before.

If you think that all of the planets are going to stop and start spinning backwards well that's just silly. Nothing like that has ever happened before and with gravity being what it is, simply couldn't happen. If we are beginning the process of a polar reversal or something of that nature, everyone alive today will be long dead and forgotten by the time it actually takes place. These things may be abrupt and sudden in the geological time line but are long gradual processes in the eyes of humanity.

Why don't you just lay out your theories and maths here and we'll do some good analysis of it. However, I'm just going to reiterate, nobody and I mean nobody in a major space agency is saying there is anything at all to be worried about.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

You don't need my research, nobody does. Plus I dont have enough points to post thousands of pages.

Though I do believe you should continue to trust your Government agencies, you're far better off.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is a pointless thread.... If you're not going to give any facts of what you have found, you're only making people more curious to do the research. You're not warning anyone without the facts. So why not save everyone pointless hours of research, when you can just tell us? I've researched 2012 for the past 5 years or so, I think I've read pretty much everything there is. So have you found something out that most people wont? Either talk about it, or don't post. That is the point of ATS.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join