It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serbia,Kosovo the forgotton war.........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Three years ago, on March 24, 1999, the United States government, along with England, Canada, and a few other nations, began a bombing campaign against Yugoslavia on a consecutive twenty-four hour basis for a total of seventy-eight days and nights without pause. It was made to look like a NATO campaign; but it was primarily the United States and England which provided most of the air power and the bombs.

The targets were not necessarily military installations.....cont...........

www.pravoslavie.ru...

(IM NOT JUDGING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE OR HAVE ANY HATE TOWARD THEM)

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by helen]

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think the rest of the world demands too much of America. Never before has a nation killed so few Civilians in battle, as America is forced to do so now.

Through out all time, during war people died didnt' matter who the hell they were. 25million Civilians died in WW2, which was 5 million more than how many soldiers died. You actually had BETTER odds of living if you were a soldier than a Civilian in some places!

Yet here the whole world (all of which kills horrid amounts of civilians left and right), demands that America doesn't so much as touch a hair on any civilian heads.

Don't they know this is why we lost Vietnam?

I'm getting real sick of some of the crap other nations try and peddle.

And the Russian news agency is the last place anyone should go seeking info

You read it in russian you'll see, it is so "guiding" it's worse than any liberal media in the USA...stinks to high heaven.

I mean heck look at the name of the news organization. You have "���צ�á׊�" which means "Orthodoxy" or "truth, quality, conformity..." along those lines.

And there is another russian news floating around here on the forums "���ן�" which means "Truth".

Sounds like New-speak to me...good ol' 1984.

Hmm I do suppose though that this website posted here is a religious one
since that's what it seems to talk most about, Islam in russia, religion in russia in general is its top topic

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by Hammerite]

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by Hammerite]

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
listen Hammerite..........Was i talking to you???

dont go discriminating other peoples language!!!

if you read "Russian"" then tell us all what they are saying!!!

HAMMERITE,IF YOU DONT LIKE MY ""POST's"" THEN DONT LOOK AT IT.....IT'S THAT SIMPLE.....dont look at it!!!!!
Seems you have hatred within yourself .....looking at all your other posts!!!
Have a good day!

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Descriminating against their language? No way, I'm discriminating against their News System.

I'm not sure of this one, because this is the first time I've looked at it, but the rest of them (Pravda especially) is just really biased, or rather, leading.

Has nothing to do with their language, it just is.

And I think it is funny that their Newspapers are called things like "Truth", which is the Pravda paper, because if there isn't anything that tries more to say "I'm right you're wrong" it's that title.

Reason I disagree with this paper is because it was only going on about the "poor Serbs" the same Serbs that just mass murdered Bosnians all over the place.

However I will say again I don't know if this paper is very leading or biased I've not really looked at it, I was just surprised it was completely religious.

I just think you're less than Pro-American and buy into this "America blows up innocents" crap.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have to agree with F-M on this one Helen. In the last few years I have become at least a fair bit aquainted with the Balkan wars, Milosevic and post Tito Yugoslavia in particular and I can tell you that this stuff is overly biased. I spoke of this on another thread and have copied the link below. If you want to, read it and see if does not give you a different perspective. I fear a Russian version of events will be really unfair as they have historically backed the Serbs on anything they did going back to the Serb rebellions against the Ottoman turks. They are bound by Orthodoxy.

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by observer]

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hehe...subtle, I like that....

Though I too, have suspected as much, since Winston pointed it out, hehe...

*whispers*
Nice to see ya back FM...

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I have to agree with F-M on this one Helen. In the last few years I have become at least a fair bit aquainted with the Balkan wars, Milosevic and post Tito Yugoslavia in particular and I can tell you that this stuff is overly biased. I spoke of this on another thread and have copied the link below. If you want to, read it and see if does not give you a different perspective. I fear a Russian version of events will be really unfair as they have historically backed the Serbs on anything they did going back to the Serb rebellions against the Ottoman turks. They are bound by Orthodoxy.

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by observer]

Milosevic was Orthodox only in name..........i have spoken to many people and they think he is a disgrace.........

The people in Serbia suffered so much that only themselves can tell you........

Your saying you got aquainted with the

""" the last few years I have become at least a fair bit aquainted with the Balkan wars, Milosevic and post Tito Yugoslavia in particular and I can tell you that this stuff is overly biased"""

But how do you know what the truth is ???

There are 2 employed translators who speak English and deal with NATO* and UNMIK,representing the Serb population in Kosovo and taking care of the needs of the nuns as well..

*United Nations Mission in KOSOVO.

there is so much to go into...........

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
DOUBLEPOST.

[Edited on 17-3-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
they comparing 9/11 and belgrad

angelfire.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i beleive Serbia will play a part in this coming conflict............

***Russia.........

*Turkey...........

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The coming conflict in Iraq? lol no. The Serb army is too busy keeping their own states from rebelling.

I have spent the last five years in the balkans and I cannot understand their conflict. It is the same thing that is happening in Northern Ireland, and Israel. Its the whole eye for an eye thing. These people are so closely related, they speak the same language, they are so similar to each other that fighting over religion seems so pointless. They fight over religion, they fight over land, they fight over anything they can, and its really sad, how many lives were lost because of it.

I believe that the former yugoslavian states, all of them, from slovenia to macedonia, could unite and become a sort of "United States of Yugoslavia." I honestly believe that it is feasible if they just work together and forget past problems. They could truly bring their nation to greatness. They really have a beautiful, diverse country that has alot to offer, but it wont happen until they work together.

XA
S

new topics

top topics

join