It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rendlesham Forest UFO - What really Happened?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow, I had no idea about that.

I think I'm gonna go read the paper now and find out what crap they make up about us Alien believers being crazy.

Thanks for posting this..

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
First time poster..amazing to read something that is put together so well.Reading some of the topics and way out there beliefs on this site leaves me shocked that some people believe just about anything.... everything is a conspiracy...NWO...future events........although some things are far more difficult to explain away than others...this being one of them......it really is about time if the truth really is....we are not alone for the people to be told the truth, how much longer are they going to keep us all in suspense? I think we are able to handle the truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I would remind people that the nay sayers in this all studiously avoid mentioning Gerry Harris. he lived locally and from his garden watched the whole events of the Halt night transpire. he describes *lights over the forest* and details him watching the flurry of activity that was going on.

Neither do they talk about Nigel Kerr the RADAR op who did see evidence of an object on his screen and who came forward to speak to Nick Pope in the late 80s.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

In the absence of any radar data that might confirm the presence of the Rendlesham Forest UFOs, the investigation petered out. Yet, as I was to discover years later, the UFO had been tracked, after all. I spoke to a former RAF radar operator called Nigel Kerr. He had been stationed at RAF Watton at Christmas 1980 and had received a call from somebody at RAF Bentwaters. They wanted to know if there was anything unusual on his radar screen. He looked and for three or four sweeps, something did show up, directly over the base. But it faded away and no official report was ever made. It was only years later that Kerr even heard of the Rendlesham Forest incident and realised he might have a missing piece of the puzzle.

Yeah I was bale to dig up a small bit about him on Pope's web sight.nickpope.net

No official report was ever made with him in it. Above is the only small mention Pope has about him.
edit on 3-11-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: text

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There's another part of the evidence I have never been able to quite understand and it relates to the Geiger counters they used. I have read and it's someone who i normally think of as pretty thorough where they were "Using the wrong type of Geiger counter" . They were using one that was meant for nuclear accidents.

Now maybe it's just something I am totally unaware of however, as far as know, there are two types of Geiger counter and that's it. The only difference being that, one doesn't pick up, or cannot accurately measure, gamma radiation and one that does. Given that, this whole argument seems to me to be possibly just a blind. One thing i do know about Geiger Counters is that, have to be properly calibrated on a regular basis otherwise their readings are useless. However, that is not what is claimed. If someone can clear this point up I'd be interested to hear.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I realise the Santa Monica UFO incident has been discussed here a year or so ago...but I find it intriguing after listening to the Rendlesham audio ( and Im not sure but I think it was a longer one than posted here) that the SM object looks very very much like how the Rendlesham one was described. Right down to something 'dripping' from the eye, flashing beams of light etc! Also, there is something following it but Im useless figuring how to slow it down to take a good look. Has anyone seen this video in slomo or scrutinised further?

For sure the woman talking does not mention the object, but maybe she was meaning that it was IT that was gorgeous? I know some real Earth mama's that would say exactly that..lol. Plus, the guy says shhhh and wow.
Hmmmmm.

Cant imbed the video....will go retrieve the link.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-11-2010 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am not sure I get why we are looking for gamma radiation anyway. I would expect a high EM field associated with these crafts (and even 'critters') but not in the gamma range.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
OK, I have found the transcript from the Rendlesham episode where Halt mentions that the object looks like an eye, and there is mention of pieces dropping off of it. It really does sound like the Santa Monica UFO looked like.
Sorry to repeat myself, would appreciate someone else looking at the youtube link in my post above, and maybe agreeing with me.

Otherwise I am a bad judge of eyes.

NEVELS: The beta shield has been removed.

HALT: OK. Pieces are falling off it again.

ENGLUND[?]: Sir, it just moved to the right...

HALT: Yeah!

ENGLUND[?]: ...off to the right.

HALT: Strange! One again left[?] Let’s approach to the edge of the woods up there. Do you wanna do it without lights? Let’s do it carefully. Come on.

HALT: OK, we’re looking at the thing, we’re probably about two to three hundred yards away. It looks like an eye winking at you. Still moving from side to side. And when you put the Starscope on it, it’s like(?) a hollow centre, a dark centre, it’s...

ENGLUND[?]: Like a pupil...

HALT: Yeah, like a pupil of an eye looking at you, winking. And the flash is so bright to the Starscope that it almost burns your eye.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

Wasnt the Santa Monica UFO video thought to be a fake? CGI or something? But yes, I agree that this is what I imagine Col Halts sighting to look like. I think one of the most convincing things about Halts testimony is his descriptions of what he saw- it would have been so much easier to say 'a bright light', but he gives lots of detail.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
US Military UFO sighting tape released........

US military UFO sighting tape released after 30-years, so what's the truth: A UFO tape is released after 30-years, however, it fails to explain what the phenomena actually is. The tape recordings of the US military personnel who were investigating a suspected UFO landing is released almost after 30 years. 30 years is a long time and is a life time for some.

I guess today actual video of the Bentwaters sighting was released.... I guess by the MoD? The article doesn't specify and i haven't been able to find the video yet. Any way, something new to look for I guess.... if its reliable info.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Another news link about the same thing.
I think the News article from the link in my previous post may have been incorrect about the 'video' as i have yet to locate it if one was released. All i've found is a newer version of Col. Holt's audio tape recording from that night.

Always worth a good listen, but unfortunately nothing that was previously unreleased.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The Rendlesham Forest UFO - What really Happened?

---

Hi OP,

Rendlesham/Bentwaters 12/80 was a big deal and since Ret.USA Col Halts memo to MoD a wee-bit later, then released under British FOIA in appx /96., makes it a big real-deal.

The whole affair including Ret. Staff Sgt Penniston's oral and written account of the encounter during and after it, makes it a super-duper big deal. Burroughs(SP?), well there's another up close Military witness to the events.

I suggest what missing here is a full an open account from USA G8, USA OSI and an opening of this reality in quantum visitations since at least 1942 of one of the races aceen to and involved with the Birth of Jesus Christ.
My goodness, so many of you are on track while others cant track finding the track. Research.

So called 'Roswell', has nothing on the Pennistons' Rendlesham Incident. It's purely everything official, unofficially about Nuc shut-off, abduction (for info?), and missing time.

Decoy

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Outstanding thread OP and everyone else who has contributed to it! This is what makes ATS a great place and keeps me coming back every day. I only just saw this thread today and missed it amongst the usual amount of useless garbage so I've only just been able to read the first little bit of information.

Thank you so much for the awesome effort put into this thread!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I would remind people that the nay sayers in this all studiously avoid mentioning Gerry Harris. he lived locally and from his garden watched the whole events of the Halt night transpire. he describes *lights over the forest* and details him watching the flurry of activity that was going on.

Neither do they talk about Nigel Kerr the RADAR op who did see evidence of an object on his screen and who came forward to speak to Nick Pope in the late 80s.

Yeah, as far as I'm aware, there is quite a nice little list of individuals who reported seeing 'something' interesting in and around this location, most notably I believe, seeing a beam of light coming from the sky or a light suddenly shooting upwards for example.

I'll try and find a more detailed link which shows this.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Thanks for the kind words. Hope you enjoyed reading.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
bump for one of the best threads ever on ATS!

rendlesham still fascinates me every time i read about it, especially having grown up in norwich (about 50 miles away) and from seeing UFOs around the east coast.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

I second that bump!

And to make this post legit, I'd like to ask you: how frequent are the sightings and at what location?
I'm always on the lookout for UFO hotspots and would really like to hear what you've got to say about it.
I know the OP, quite the chap really, and I don't think he'd mind if we topic drift just a wee bit.
Otherwise feel free to U2U me.

Peace and all the best!
/R.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

i'm sure the OP won't mind us resurrecting this thread for the sake of discussing other UFO's in the east anglia region.

what i refer to specifically is a lot of old folk i grew up around in the area around happisburgh, eccles and sea palling. my great grandmother spent her last years there and me and my mother would always visit and subsequently got to know a lot of the folk in these villages... very remote, same families living there for generations and generations. very bleak landscape, and very beautiful. a lot of these people could be called 'simple' as few had formal education and even fewer had ever even ventured out of the area.... still, they were some really wise people who always had a unique perspective on things and a way of making 'simple sense'; anyhow.... this one old lady we used to visit and have tea with regularly who lived on the coast would talk about the 'lights above the sea' and the spaceships near the coast that had been seen for decades and decades. ruby her name was, 90+ years old, told us how when she was a teenager her and her father and friends would sit out on the dunes and watch the UFO activity on a regular basis. simple as that, just talking about it like it was nothing out of the ordinary. there are lots of military bases in east anglia, nobody claimed 'aliens' specifically; the idea of government tech testing was always considered a valid theory but i have distinct memory of these old people; all real rural norfolk 'characters' and their stories.

i didn't think much of it until i saw something myself, it was absolutely 100% undeniable, an inverted triangle with half a hexagon shape on top; glowing bright silver in the sky, moving slowly sideways for a few seconds then shooting up and to the right at lighting speed then disappearing. my mother and i both saw it, and sketched it out when we arrived home to corroborate. no telling how far away/big it was, but this was seen from our town about 8 miles from the coast at night during a drive home from somewhere.

norfolk is a hotspot for strange energies and the like, lots of folklore, stories of paranormal activity, UFOs, you name it. i only started appreciating it properly since i moved away and realised how 'weird' and different east anglia is to the rest of the UK/the world.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thread necromancy I know but I don't care

A fantastic analysis by the OP, really well done. If we go with the premise that none of the individuals involved (excluding Mr. Warren) exaggerated, misidentified nor lied and actually saw what they claimed. How would these 'visitors' have known about the military air base? Shooting beams into the weapons storage locker? It makes me consider the time travelling hypothesis.
edit on 7/5/12 by Retro~Burn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
My favorite UFO case of all time has been destroyed.

I just got through reading the post about the charlatan Stephen Greer. In that post by Schuler, he articulated the many discrepancies and assorted lunatic statements made by Greer these past ten years since his famous Disclosure Project press conference. (www.abovetopsecret.com... is the post I refer to.)

I remember being impressed with him and his presentation. He seemed passionate and believable. I saw his name in the ufology literature from time to time but never read more than the Disclosure stuff. When I finally went to his site one day, years after the Disclosure Project press conference had occurred, and read his stuff, and saw how he had "evolved" in his thoughts, his 700.00-1000 dollar field trips into the desert to greet aliens, his possesion of a free energy machine, holding a baby alien in his arms, etc., etc,the enormity of the lie I had swallowed from this man, blackened and soured me with regards to the entire UFO community for a time. The utter ridiculousness of the scorpio or scorpious affair, or whatever #-all it's called, further damaged the credibility of researchers and fans of sites like AboveTopSecret for me.

Then Leslie Kearns came out with her remarkable book, and there was Richard Dolan's histories 1 & 2, and the secret history of Area 51....and I "came" back to the discussion. My thinking now is that there is some tangible phenomena that is unknown to science with the ability to be seen, tracked by radar, and to leave apparent signs of existing in our physical realm. Unexplainable. Mysterious.

I reread classic UFO accounts and had my engines of curiosity recharged about the topic of UFOs.

Then the 30th anniversay of Rendlesham appeared. And the story now? Pennington "received" a download of binary code from the aliens. I can say it and be quite justified when I say, "bull#."

For him to come out now, 30 yrs. later, and add this too-incredible-to believe narrative to his classic account of the Rendlesham Forest incident reeks of the worst form of bottom feeding crap.

And I go through the discussions, the posts, and I think, "can we all be that naive?" Answer, yes.

The case had everything. Multiple witnesses, apparent radar confirmation, laser light appearing at the feet of witnesses, and someone actually touched one! The trees were damaged where the craft came in contact with the branches way up high!

Well...where are the multiple witnesses? All we ever hear about are Halt, Jim Penniston, John Burroughs, and some guy named Larry. There were large numbers that accompanied these main witnesses, except none would verify their version of what had been seen. Too scared? Nonsense. A Colonel was among those making the assertions.

There was no initial story from Penniston "touching" the craft when he first reported his version of events to investigators, just like the story with the purported "download," except now it's 30 yrs. later.

There are many holes in the story if you take an unvarnished look at the events. But the biggest hole is this story binary downloads. There are actually people taking time to analyze the "contents" of this "download."
Hy Brazil. That is what the GPS coordinates divined from the binary code point to. A non existent piece of real estate somewhere in the North Atlantic. But it does exist! No it doesn't! Yes, it does! No, it does not! And so it goes.

But wait! Not all the pages have been released to researchers! Why? "For security purposes..." Is how Penniston explained it on the Joiner Report interview. His answers to Angela Joiner's questions truly exposed him as a horse's ass for all time. And it should. It all came right from his mouth.

And Greer. Read Schulyers post. The UFO community took a long time to come around to Greer's shenanigans to their detriment. I hope the proponents of the Rendlesham Forest incident don't suffer the same fate.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join