It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just read about US importing fluoride from China for water supplies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Why a new thread? What can these [Snip] be thinking of. We are expected to drink the industrial waste of another country?

And now, as another possible war looms in the middle east, our govt. expects support?

They better get their bunkers ready, and their out of town plans. The lesser of them will loose all their money.

Big shots will be made small.

Proof? You, on the internet or on talk radio will get a visit this week. This very week.

Mod Edit: Snipped alternative spelling for profanity.

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2010/8/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wheres the link to the article?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Sounds like a green solution to a waste management issue to me

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Wheres the link to the article?

This is the link. This is the article.

This is not a debate.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational

Sounds like a green solution to a waste management issue to me

And they put recycle cat litter in your salad. Have some fun, take time.

A three part message:

Ginger says those [Snip] are crazy.

Newcomer Spotty says "I don't know"

Take care, and have a nice day.

Mod Edit: Do not circumvent censors.

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2010/8/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Mods should edit info about Ginger being the reincarnated form of "Bubba" the cat.

But stop and think, people drinking Chinese fluoride?

If it is so good why don't they drink it themselves?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Ah yes again ,,,

Someone,Something,Some-kind,Some thought is attempting to
Contaminate our Essence.

Well I guess it will be entertaining to combat this type of Infiltration.

The United States of America has Hidden secrets of intelligence, awareness,
and subterfuge that will make your head spin..

Be prepared to comply.

Salutations to all my fellow Tax Paying United State Citizens,
whose generosity provides billions to the world at large.

Despite the extortion and ungratefulness, We and only We have the
fortitude and good will to at least try to move humanity forward.
Shame on those that are only concerned with their own wealth
and well being, Here at home ,or abroad.
The United States of America is above that, and above you,
and Don't you ever forget it.
Take Heed, and God Bless America!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
Why a new thread? What can these [Snip] be thinking of. We are expected to drink the industrial waste of another country?

What exactly is the difference between an ion of fluoride from China and one from the US?

(I'm not assuming the story is true or not, I just have this basic chemistry question)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomblvd

Originally posted by chorizo4

What exactly is the difference between an ion of fluoride from China and one from the US?

(I'm not assuming the story is true or not, I just have this basic chemistry question)

Well, since no answer is forthcoming, I'll answer it myself. In fact, there is no difference. Which is why this story is bunk. The three substances used to artificially adjust fluoride levels in water all easily dissociate in water, meaning, much like NaCl (table salt), the compound breaks apart almost completely into its constituent elements as ions. So if you were to add Sodium Fluoride into water, all you have are ubiquitous Sodium ions, and fluoride ions.

The fluoride ions could come from the US, China, or a meteorite, and there'd be no difference.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

There was another thread on this here that provided more information and a link to a source

What it boils down to as far as I can tell is that you are of course right that there's no difference between a Chinese fluoride ion and an American one. But there may be a difference in what hops along for the ride if their production standards aren't quite where we'd like them to be.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
reply to post by Tomblvd

There was another thread on this here that provided more information and a link to a source

What it boils down to as far as I can tell is that you are of course right that there's no difference between a Chinese fluoride ion and an American one. But there may be a difference in what hops along for the ride if their production standards aren't quite where we'd like them to be.

That makes sense. It also puts the sensationalist title of the thread in a different light.

There are only three compounds used to artificially adjust fluoride concentrations; Sodium Fluoride, Fluorosilicic acid and Sodium fluorosilicate. They are all very plentiful in the US, so the whole story is very questionable, the author of the linked article has an obvious ax to grind. Not to mention the story is highly inaccurate. And in addition, given the simple molecular makeup of the compounds, and the intense testing municipal water receives, the chances of poisoning are extremely low.

(I couldn't help but notice the author did all that "research" but never got around to testing the water. Most universities in the country will test water for you if asked)

Regards.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

You sound like you have an uncommonly decent understanding of water fluoridation. So I'll ask:

If within the recommended levels as advised via the EPA (1.5mg/L), does fluoride present any kind of real risk when and if regularly assummed?

I've done a bit of research.. Started to look at this peer-reviewed study (but I've got a life outside the Internet and reading 500 page scientific paper). Both sides of the argument seem ambiguous in there discussion (as both sides seem to frame the discussion around what best suites their position).

The only question that matters, to me at least, is whether or not consuming fluoride within the defined safe range for consumption presents any risk to health (mental, physical, or otherwise).

What say you?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

Hey, can I piggy back on that question?

I'd also like to know if there's good evidence that fluoridation in the water supply provides any health benefits (or whether improvements in dental health etc could be explained by increased use of fluoridated toothpaste for instance)?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Tomblvd

You sound like you have an uncommonly decent understanding of water fluoridation. So I'll ask:

If within the recommended levels as advised via the EPA (1.5mg/L), does fluoride present any kind of real risk when and if regularly assummed?

I've done a bit of research.. Started to look at this peer-reviewed study (but I've got a life outside the Internet and reading 500 page scientific paper). Both sides of the argument seem ambiguous in there discussion (as both sides seem to frame the discussion around what best suites their position).

The only question that matters, to me at least, is whether or not consuming fluoride within the defined safe range for consumption presents any risk to health (mental, physical, or otherwise).

What say you?

The best studies of the effects of fluoride ingestion are in vivo ones where we have a definitive population to study. And considering fluoride is present in many area's ground water at levels above 1.5 or even 4 mg/l, and has been forever, we have the perfect opportunity to study these populations for any of the alleged problems with fluoride ingestion. Indeed, in many communities which have more than one municipal water supplier (mine included) you will have one area that fluoridates their water, and another that doesn't (for political reasons). If fluoride were even remotely as toxic at present doses as some say, the differences in the health of the populations would be noticeable.

In addition, we know for a fact that the first symptom of excess fluoride ingestion is dental fluorosis. One need only look at the smiles of people in areas with high fluoride concentrations to see if they are getting too much fluoride.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I wish everyone would piggy on that question! I got so frustrated every time I look into this, especially on ATS.

Everyone knows that fluoride can be toxic.
Everyone knows that toxic wouldn't be toxic unless it did back snip.

All that is great and all, but according to my peer-reviewed sources fluoride does not present those toxic risks within a certain level (5mg/L). The max limit for the levels in drinking water is significantly lower than this at 1.5mg/L.

However, according to most here this the world's most complex and widespread effort to veil the truth from the public ever - and I am now a sterile, shell of a man that is victim of a massive conspiracy to significantly depopulate the world and apparently I'm going to die of cancer.

So yea, the only question that matters to me regarding all this is - Are there any health risk to mind, body, soul, et. al. presented when fluoride is consumed at levels below or at 1.5mg/L?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

NO that doesn't help!

What happened when you looked at those populations? Do they look like Brits?(sorry Brits, but the truth is the truth)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Tomblvd

NO that doesn't help!

What happened when you looked at those populations? Do they look like Brits?(sorry Brits, but the truth is the truth)

No need to shout.

No, at recommended levels there is no worries as to ingestion of fluoride.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

I may be in shock - a straight answer. Thanks - Like I alluded, I've done some reading concerning the water fluoridation debate, and have yet to find a clearly defined answer - yours is appreciated.

BTW - just noticed your avatar - you must be British...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Tomblvd

I may be in shock - a straight answer. Thanks - Like I alluded, I've done some reading concerning the water fluoridation debate, and have yet to find a clearly defined answer - yours is appreciated.

I'm sure I'll get pole-axed by the anti-fluoridationists, but given the threshold you specified, fluoride is safe.

BTW - just noticed your avatar - you must be British...

Nope, American.

Fell in love with the Cottagers when Lawrie Sanchez had "FulhAmerica", fielding 4 Yanks in the lineup (Keller, Bocanegra, Dempsey and captain Brian McBride).

Last year was truly magical.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomblvd

Fell in love with the Cottagers when Lawrie Sanchez had "FulhAmerica", fielding 4 Yanks in the lineup (Keller, Bocanegra, Dempsey and captain Brian McBride).

Last year was truly magical.

I have no idea what any of that means, but I'm glad its worked out for you

On another note, I'm curious if you've got any credentials/experience (or even relevant links) that we could use to support the posts made within this thread... It'd be great to be able reference this info

top topics

<<   2 >>

join