It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime & Courts Body of Pennsylvania Girl Who Died in 1962 Stolen From Grave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Crime & Courts Body of Pennsylvania Girl Who Died in 1962 Stolen From Grave

www.foxnews.com

LANCASTER, Pa. -- Authorities in central Pennsylvania are trying to find out who stole from a grave the body of a 9-year-old girl who died almost half a century ago.

Lancaster police are investigating the disappearance of the body of Paula Ream, who died in August 1962 and was buried in Riverview Cemetery.

Family members say they were shocked when a police supervisor and a chaplain told them Friday evening someone recently had dug up the grave and made off with Paula's child-size casket and her remains.

The thieves left Paula's dirt-covered cemetery plaque askew near the markers of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Something about this story, well everything about this is just plain old creepy. What in the world would possess someone to do something like this? I want to get to the bottom of this to figure out the motive behind the crime. Anyone with info to stories like these in the past with ideas as to what these people were looking for let me know. Being a parent for the life of me I just can't see how people could be this twisted, but I do realize this world is full of nutty people.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is really weird to try to understand why someone do this and how. Wouldn't the ground be very tough to dig overnight?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
There are two possible explanations I can think of. Both are sinister though one is more innocent than the other.

The first is someone wanted a form of macabre art for decoration, ritual or fetish.

The second is there was foul play involved originally in the girl’s death and some event has unearthed evidence that might make a forensic investigation of her exhumed body potentially damning to the culprit.

I would think a closer examination of the girl’s death would better determine which it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My first thought is that some highly misguided person(s) who get all of their information from movies / MSM could have done this in some attempt at playing with the occult without having the first clue about the actual subject matter.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The girl had cerebral palsy. This probably had a lot to do with her death back in the 60's. It is suppose to be in a desolate part of the cemetery. I think someone went out there with the purpose of finding a body and didn't care who it was. Maybe a frat initiation? Maybe a sick individual who now just lacks the eye of a newt? Probably sipping on a concoction right now.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I live very close to lancaster Pa but I havent heard anything or seen anything about this maybe Ill find something for you around here to look at

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I know of a few instances like this that have happened around here. Just a couple of years ago in Niagara Falls New York someone dug up the grave of a child. Like I said before there must be some other reason that we sane people dont understand about the "need" for deceased kids bodies. Though Protoplasmic Traveler might be correct. Though this being ats I figured someone might be more knowledgeable in the subject of cults and why they think the way they do could shed some light. Brotherman I am interested to hear more if you find any other info. Thanks

new topics

top topics

join