It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyline Movie...a warning?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hey all...i just saw a trailer for this new movie coming out about aliens. Of course its another alien invasion movie. But the methods look very realistic. Also the movie seems to be warning us of contacting aliens. I gotta say.....maybe we SHOULD just listin?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nofoolishness
Hey all...i just saw a trailer for this new movie coming out about aliens. Of course its another alien invasion movie. But the methods look very realistic. Also the movie seems to be warning us of contacting aliens. I gotta say.....maybe we SHOULD just listin?

The youtube link does work my friend.

maybe the aliens are on to us.

if i dont reply within 2 minutes from this post on this thread then warn everyone!! peace

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks i never could figure out how to embed youtube videos...or any video for that matter. I folllowed all the instructions but somehow it never works!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nofoolishness

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks i never could figure out how to embed youtube videos...or any video for that matter. I folllowed all the instructions but somehow it never works!

Nofoolishness.....

You were almost right.....you just needed to delete the 3 letters to the left of the "=" sign.

BTW.....I think that movie might be animated.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I definitely find it interesting that the movie uses the (very recent) claim that Stephen Hawking made regarding alien visitation.

I am a firm believer that TPTB implant messages or ideas in hollywood movies.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There could be an off chance that it is just a movie and since alien invasion movies sell, alien invasion movies are made. It is after all, a very popular sci-fi genre.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I cannot wait to see this! Its been awhile since I came across a decent looking alien movie. Looks really interesting. Cant believe that ship was just sucking up people like a straw. Better grab hold of a tree guys.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well that was an interesting trailer.

If I was in charge and this happened I'd nuke the cities where the Aliens landed; the humans are dead anyways and it is important to convey the nature of our resolve.

They'd know they were dealing with hardliners and they'd know the penalty for their actions.

*I do hope that there are people in charge with the balls to nuke any aliens that pull this crap - no matter where they are pulling it over.

Sucking up humans with impunity, I don't think so... The cheek.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Though that might send a message to the aliens, if they nuked them, they would most likely kill every human being in the vicinity also. So its kind of a lose/lose situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined

So its kind of a lose/lose situation.

That is the whole point - the aliens will experience loss too - not just us.

By not nuking the aliens, they have a 'win' and we have a 'loss'.

We lose nothing by nuking the aliens, in fact by nuking them we gain many things. The aliens will come know that there is a penalty for their actions and that they will be forced to pay it every time.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
People pay good money to have the crap scared out of them They dont take dates to see "Disclosure Project" or "Project Camelot" people are not interested in documentaries and facts, Hollywood does not see informative films as being marketable. It's about $$$$$. Ever since Dracula Frankentsien and the creature from the black lagoon people have loved horror.This has gone back to days of lore and fables in the middle ages. It is human imagination. Now there is a trend of glittering vampires and alien monsters. These things always take their course. Where there is one film there are several rip offs to follow. As long as it is a market. Like when me and my buddies had ran a haunted house and people paid us to scare them silly, I would come out the ground in a "realistic" zombie costume. They thought I was a real zombie.

Oh you will see a respawning of zombie films once again and people will inquire on ATS "are zombies really going to eat us"

Look im really a zombie

img97.imageshack.us...

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

*I do hope that there are people in charge with the balls to nuke any aliens that pull this crap - no matter where they are pulling it over.

That is the whole point - the aliens will experience loss too - not just us.

I offer a one-up for your scenario: it's possible the nukes might not be any more effective than bows and arrow against tanks.

Even so...in the above scenario, I might choose to drop nukes anyway. Why? Because even if it doesn't hurt them directly, we would not be providing food for them. And if the premise is that we die either way, I would prefer to destroy humanity by my own hand than allow an alien race to do it.

One shoots ones own dog rather than allowing a stranger to do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If aliens travel across such space to "eat fleshlings" planet by planet then they are very poor farmers. Plant life would probably be much more abundant than carnivore mammals and reptiles, birds and fish and that is an understatement . This is the simian cannibal like thinking from the human mind when humans like to represent likes,wants,needs universally. A species would probably replentish on energy or light or some unknown resource imo, maybe human brains. If aliens can reach earth it is safe to say they have a chicken plant, or Beef or Pork plant. I doubt they would be carnivores and be so advanced at the same time. They would probably have replication technology not much unlike star trek. Again we are thinking on a "what we would do to us" hungry. They cut the bunghole and eyeballs out of cows and waste all that good angus. And Hawkings hypothesis is unrealistic in that respect.

Maybe they just want to eat brains, or just want to eat our socks

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Unknown Soldier.....

You should post that in the ATS Members Photos thread in BTS!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
If aliens travel across such space to "eat fleshlings" planet by planet then they are very poor farmers.

Thanks for ruining the movie.

It isn't out yet and here you are telling us what the aliens came for, which probably isn't revealed until the end.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Superman movie.. warning?
Batman movie a... warning?

What about mickey mouse?? SHREK? OMG!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
lol

wait for the actual movie, so you can say something about it

maybe its about a positive thing ... who said it would be aboud something bad?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

Skyline Movie...a warning?

Jeez, I hope not. I was watching Toy Story last week. Imagine if it's a warning that toys have complicated private lives when we aren't looking?! Maybe Star Wars was a warning that gold robots are gay? The immensity of these warnings!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

Probably the same kind of warning that was issued with the release of Earth vs. the Flying Saucers in 1956!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join