It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyline Movie...a warning?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

Hello,

I don't know about a warning because then we would have to class every sifi invasion movie as a warning as well which would mean we would have been warned since TV's and sifi films were made avaliable to the masses. Which means we have all been warned for the last 70 odd years or so. Which would make us all look pretty stupid if it did happen

Though it does look like it might be an intresting sifi film and I do love my sifi

Peace.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I love these kinds of films. Great entertainment. Although i don't think we'd have a problem with evil aliens...they'd probably recruit us to their cause :-)

"But Lord Vader how will you keep control without the bureaucracy?

Fear, Fear will keep them in line, fear of... THE HUMANS"

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The ignorant misunderstanding many make every single time there is a new movie made, a new show made, anything Hollywood made about aliens has just about run it's course, no?

I mean, every single time there is some movie or anything, people seem to think that there is some mysterious, evil cabal in Hollywood that are trying to get some sort of message out. One literally has to put their brain on pause in order to overlook the myriad reasons why that notion is totally ridiculous. Just stop and think about it for a moment, eh?

The real problem in the UFO community concerning this subject, is there seems to be a complete and total inability to understand the very basic concept of capitalism. Since they don't understand it, or maybe they do...who knows, they choose to dwell on the LEAST likely conclusion. The very definition of what makes this subject the laughable joke that it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why are there so many pizza places where I live? I mean, its like they are popping up all over the place. Are they trying to secretly convey a message about something to me?

I know it can't be because there is a historical market demand for the product (i.e. people like pizza)...it can't be that simple. Simple is boring. I wont rest until I find out what the evil, secret pizza cabal is trying to tell me.

I will do some research to find out. Some yummy research.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
If aliens travel across such space to "eat fleshlings" planet by planet then they are very poor farmers.

Thanks for ruining the movie.

It isn't out yet and here you are telling us what the aliens came for, which probably isn't revealed until the end.

I hope this isn't a "To Serve Man" remake.

It's a cookbook! It's a cookbook!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I saw the trailer on this movie .
Again its just another violent movie with Beings coming in ships to blow up and invade the Planet.

Considering 2012 and that there have been UFO increased sightings .

The timing of these films is perfect.

Lets created fear based films that show the Earth being attacked .

Now many people in our society will look at this two ways just a Hollywood movie Like War of The Worlds or They will see Skyline as promoting fear of Ets or Extraterrestrials from other Planets Dimensions etc .

If the Public mind becomes brainwashed that Ets are all bad .

Then people will want the Governments and Military of the World to defend them.

Its time to boycott movies like Skyline and let Hollywood know we are tried of the same old Violent Et movies where Earth gets taken over by the evil Ets .

There is a new short film that would be good to watch and i would certianly promote this one over Skyline anyday.

Here the link www.belowtopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I saw this trailer for the first time on the premiere of THE Event

I had hoped The Event was exactly like this movie!!!

I think the media used the alien hype around The Event to promote this film

...which makes me wonder if The Event is about aliens at all?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Girls Gone Wild... warning?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
looks like it could be a good movie, as for warning who knows...it could be a warning maybe of more what our own specie is capable of

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I just saw the preview on TV and it looks like a war of the worlds ripoff, but this time with better graphics. I also dont think its a warning. We have had alien invasion movies before, and they made money. This one would too.

Just for laughs...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Honestly though... Would aliens attack us like that? with big ass monster things running around?

Why not just blast the hell out of us from orbit?

ORBITAL DEATH.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

but dr hawking warned us! i just saw this on movie fone: blog.moviefone.com...

these aliens look really big kind of like transformers?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
by the way, they've just started releasing "abduction" videos seperate from the movie to promote its release

this one takes place in afghanistan:

edit on 3-11-2010 by superTerrestrial because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Better, longer trailer here....looks mighty good.

CX.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
From the trailers I've seen, looks like War of the Worlds, Lovecraft style.... I'm expecting an ok movie, ala Cloverfield....

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It appears many people have a long way to go before they understand the larger picture, predictive programming and symbolism for the elite, by the elite. These movies are to suck up your money, embed ideas in your subconscious to be uses for relative experience at a later date, and give signs through symbols hidden within the artwork. Do you think they REALLY spend hundreds of millions of dollars JUST to entertain the plebs???

There are certain levels of awareness, a hierarchy if you will. Work on sharpening and becoming more in tune with yourself, read history - ancient history, study the groups involved, trace them throughout their endeavours, make connections - OPEN YOUR EYES.

Or just go watch the Circus Maximus..er NASCAR, or watch the gladiators kill each oth.. no wait, that's UFC.

I mean, sure, there are movies with no real motive behind them aside from societal/neural linguistic programming and to ultimately dumb you down in general, however, there are much more important things going on that demand attention. Just because YOU can't make the connections due to a lower level of awareness, or willful ignorance, does not negate the fact that many, many people understand what is going on - with or without you.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
wow i like that military video! this one is pretty intriguing as well:

edit on 10-11-2010 by abductionstories because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

THAT is an excellent trailer!

It's really raised my expectations for this flick...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by CX

THAT is an excellent trailer!

It's really raised my expectations for this flick...

yea these trailers are really good. im still curious about what the aliens want...what do you think? btw here's todays clip from the skyline facebook page:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by abductionstories

From the scenes, looks like mass abduction...maybe some kind of "soul collector" idea, etc. (just going from the effect on faces as people are getting sucked away).... Would be in keeping with the Lovecraft meets Geiger look of them too....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join