It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has massive hypocrites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was reading a thread on ATS where they were discussing Obama's stance on the 'Ground Zero' Mosque. What surprised me the most was that the ones who are always talking about how unconstitutional the president is and how the constitution needs to be preserved, obeyed and respected. But then they all attack Obama for actually upholding one of the key principles of the Constitution. Massive Hypocrites.

You complain about people just picking through the constitution and only choosing what they like from it. You are absolutely no better, then you say that Obama is a Muslim for upholding the Constitution and because he doesn't attend church every week.

Get real, stop being ignorant and stop being hypocrites!

[edit on 8/14/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well he cant pick and choose which to uphold and which to ignore. I'd say that is the reasoning behind the outrage. A part of it at least.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So are you saying it's o.k. for Obama to pick and choose? Just trying to get your stance on this, he does what he wants in reguard to the constitution as does congress........

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My reading of the OP (and I could be incorrect. If so, I'll surely hear about it very swiftly) is that it's some ATS posters, and not Obama, who are 'picking and choosing'

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Perhaps what Misoir meant to say is that people who attack Obama are actually no better or even worse than Obama himself. Megahypocrites is the word for them, as obama is just a small hypocrite.

add: there is a ongoing similar thread just like this one.

Constitutional Double-talk & The GOP

The conservative movement in this country, whether you refer to it as the GOP, The Tea Party movement or the Libertarian Party, is constantly talking about their steadfast loyalty to the U.S. Constitution and how the Liberal or Progressive movement is intent on destroying it.

At the same time, every time I turn around, I'm hearing of another constitutional amendment being proposed by a conservative from one of these movements.

To be fair, they do try to amend it.

[edit on Sat, 14 Aug 10 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I dont think most citizens are against a muslim mosque being built. Its WHERE they want it and WHEN they want to open it for business that is irking people. I agree that this country is based on freedom of religion and as such, mosque's should be allowed. However Tack and Respect go a looooong way in gaining acceptance.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Stand by or behind the Constitution and Bill of Rights if it agrees with them and ignore it or want to change it when it doesn't? That kind of thing? Yes, there does appear to be a lot of that around, and not just around ATS. Funny how a lot of these same people seem to have also defended the Patriot Act, torture, rendition, and wars of choice and also most seem to be opposed to gay rights and choice too. There must be some patterns here we're missing here.

The thing to remember is that this is really only a small subset of people. And only they know who they are...we can't assume from the things people say here on ATS (although after a while it becomes pretty easy to tell by their wording in how they say things) if it JUST this administration they now have issues with, if they're newly awakened, or if they're truly just Constitutional opportunists,

a differentbreed, can you name one example where the current president picked and chose or did "what he wanted" in regard to the Constitution?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Response to Everyone

The only thing Obama has to do with this thread is that he supports the Mosque. I don't care anything else because it's not relevant to this thread.

I am saying the people on ATS who supposedly love the Constitution turn out to be huge hypocrites by not supporting every part of it. They slammed Obama for supporting the Mosque when if anything they should be happy he is finally defending the Constitution.

Trying to move around that point in this thread by accusing me of doing something wrong is either complete ignorance or redirecting blame away from yourself.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

why hypocrites?

Can we not, if we so choose disagree, or even agree with him, on a variety of issues?

We needn't walk in lockstep with him on every single issue... It doesn't make one a hypocrite, or even a massive one... It makes us merely human.

Are your opinions the same as mine? Doubtful. Doesn't made either of us a hypocrite, makes us different.

May I suggest taking a bit more care before casting such a wide net of hyperbole? It only makes for hard feelings...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
reply to post by Dock9

I dont think most citizens are against a muslim mosque being built. Its WHERE they want it and WHEN they want to open it for business that is irking people. I agree that this country is based on freedom of religion and as such, mosque's should be allowed. However Tack and Respect go a looooong way in gaining acceptance.

You may be correct

I posted simply to say what I said, regardless of the topic about which the alleged hypocrisy is involved

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'm glad I correctly interpreted your post

to mean it's the hypocrisy and not specifically Obama or mosques, to which you object

cheers

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

What is wrong with you people? You can't actually be that stupid can you?

Let me spell it out for you!

I - AM - NOT - SAYING - YOU - HAVE - TO - AGREE - WITH - OBAMA - ON - ANYTHING, - ALL - I - AM - SAYING - IS - THAT - MANY - OF - YOU - PREACH - ABOUT - OBEYING - THE - CONSTITUTION - THEN - SOMETHING - HAPPENS - THAT - YOU - DON'T - LIKE - AND - THEN - THE - CONSTITUTION - MEANS - NOTHING - TO - YOU.

Also I really don't care what Obama or politicians do or support, I am talking about members of ATS ONLY, and how they are hypocrites.

[edit on 8/14/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Funny how a lot of these same people seem to have also defended the Patriot Act, torture, rendition, and wars of choice and also most seem to be opposed to gay rights and choice too.

I must be in the ultra small minority then. I did NOT support the patriot act. I did NOT support rendition or forms of physical torture. I also am not against gay couples being married in the eyes of the courts. I dont however believe the mosque should be allowed to be built next to the WTC site and opened on 9-11-??. I see no reason it cant be built at another location. That is just disrespect and a complete lack of honorable intent for the people who died in that horrible tragedy. It is akin to opening a museum dedicated to NAZI occultism across the street from the Aschwitz site.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

In answer to your question I'd say some are and some aren't. afterall, as so many in our government and on here have said, it's open for interputation. Many people feel that one sentence can have many meanings, and so some do, however, interputting them differently iisn't hypocrasy, it's symantics.......same game played the world over.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I...Did...Not...Specifically...Refer...To...Obama...Sir...

As to how stupid am I... You're the one launching verbal assaults, not I... So to answer your question? Not I. Check a mirror.

Because one disagrees with someone on an issue, and agree with the same person on another...doesn't make them a hypocrite, sir.

It...Makes...Them...Human...With...Differing...Opinions...

Got...It? So...Glad...We...Could...Have...This...Little...Chat...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

If you read further in my post, I think I said it's only a small minority at ATS who do this, what Misoir said. They cry CONSTITUTION! when it's upholds something they also happen to believe in but down from that same stance when it's something they don't happen to personally believe in. And, again, I also said only they really know who they are. We shouldn't make assumptions just because people are careless with language or are not clear in how they express themselves.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

When someone preaches about obeying the constitution then attacks someone for doing just that, THEY ARE A HYPOCRITE.

Apparently you still don't get it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The country has massive hypocrits! I was chatting with a neighbor today - she was drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette and cursing (all things non Christian). She said her grandchildren were being saved at church tomorrow and she was looking forward to going because the food afterward was going to be great! And oh, what shall I wear Its happening on a lot of levels in lots of places. Hope this wasn't too off topic!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It is interesting people are making such a big deal as this place was a former Burlington Coat Factory and is now abandoned. The Daily Show has a good piece on this:

www.thedailyshow.com...

It is funny how the only ones really upset are people not from the area itself.

Edited to add:

The update to the Daily Show report:

www.thedailyshow.com...

[edit on 8/14/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
The country has massive hypocrits! I was chatting with a neighbor today - she was drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette and cursing (all things non Christian). She said her grandchildren were being saved at church tomorrow and she was looking forward to going because the food afterward was going to be great! And oh, what shall I wear Its happening on a lot of levels in lots of places. Hope this wasn't too off topic!

Are you saying you know where this womans heart is?
So she has her own set of addictions or hang ups and because of that she is not a Christian or she is a hypocrite?

You are judging her by what you consider "non-Christian" standards?
We shouldn't judge what's in one's heart.
Now if she was drinking and driving and talking about someone injured by a drunk driver, well then I see where she is being a hypocrite.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join