It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness Egypt's Glory!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is a more in depth look at the real history of the pyramids
topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Note: A positive chuckle I will get in at Zahi's expense is that for one reason or another (absolutely can not tell you why), but he temporarily reminds me of "Batley." A character from old show "Eureka's Castle." hahaha. Doesn't make sense to me either, but hopefully everyone can get a good laugh out of this.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

The history channel with something relevant to say? Don't be silly. Next up "Secrets of the Da Vinci Code" . Give me a break, you'd find more facts about ancient Egypt on the back of a Yummy Mummy cereal box. And why is your avatar a scantily dressed 16-17 year old girl? Obviously it isn't you. Sick minded maybe?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tauschen

I love it when he gets really excited and he gets that shine in his eyes. That shine of greatness.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

touchè.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDirtProphet

I agree with you. I've read many of his finds are highly questionable while other finds are absolutely incorrect.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
reply to post by rajaten

Mr Hawassole lets everybody else do the hard work then shuts them down and steps in and takes all the glory a lot of archeologists and egyptologists will tell you hes a self serving prat.

I do not claim to know all of what Dr. Zahi Hawass responsibilities entail.
I do not claim to know all of what Dr. Zahi Hawass job description entails.
I do not claim to know all of what Dr. Zahi Hawass obligations are.
I do not claim to know all of where all Dr. Zahi Hawass loyalties lay.

The man is in charge of preserving thousands of years of OUR history for future generations.

The man is in charge of preserving BILLIONS of man hours worth of archetectual and cultural history.

Now, having said that....

My brother and i have watched each episode of Dr. Zahi Hawass's tv program together, twice. We discussed in private how much respect for the man we lost when seeing how he treats those who are working for him.

and, no, i do not agree with his accepted and publicly shared beliefs about ancient Egypt.

But, he is a steward, a temporary guardian of the ancient secrets of that region, and a trusted diplomat amongst his contemporaries.

he is getting older, and his passion is his work, and he is preparing a future generation to take his place, because he knows he may not always be around to help preserve the ancient culture he works to protect, and preserve.

I may not respect the man for his tactics, but then again, i am not in his shoes, nor do i have the information available that he has. he knows more about certain things than i do, i am sure.

having said all that, i would like to see his interpersonal skills improve on that show. he doesn't need to be as rude as he is, unless he has to be as rude as he is.

his idea of professional and my ideas of professional may not agree with eachother.

but that is no reason to do a T&C thingy like this with his name:

Mr Hawassole ...

bold added by E.T.:

You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.
source:www.abovetopsecret.com...

that was just ruder than anything i have seen from Dr. Zahi Hawass on the program, period.

to the OP,
Star & Flag.

keep ATS fun,
ET

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I think what I found most offensive about him is what is presented here where information that could rewrite our understanding of history to protect nationalist sentiment is suppressed (it's not like every ruler was from Egypt anyway, eh?). However, where are resonable doubts in that thread as to the veracity of the results (ie. could be a prop and my info on the subject thread could be out of sync by now too).

I suppose one should be mindful that the unwillingness to release DNA results may not be him personally? But, all is personal. He could be caving into pressure from elsewhere.

Still, I agree, his dimeanor is horrible. Is he putting on much of this for the camera (as platipus also suggested)? It almost seems like a characture of a "great achaeologist" with a bunch of bumbling students-- anything it takes to capture the interest of the audience and we know from observation people like to watch conflict and jerky behvior, a la the Roman gladiators (true, old-school wrastling).

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
Hes a TPTB puppet, hes a conventionally minded man who will not except anything outside the mainstream, he still thinks the Pyramids were built for just laying to rest a King 3,000 years before Christ! to me this is BS! the Pyramids were built well over 12,000 years before the King was even born!

Right. And all evidence to the contrary (and none that indicates your belief could be true) be damned.

And ignored.

Way to deny ..., wait ..., I mean, way to embrace ignorance.

Harte

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Zahi Hawass is actually pretty nice and mellow compared to how I would lead.

If you think he is mean....you wouldn't want to work for me!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Unless you've been living under a rock recently, you know about the famed work and career of Dr. Zahi Hawass and his recent glorious endeavour on the History Channel.

I've been living under a rock because I never heard of him and I don't watch the History Channel

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Hes a TPTB puppet, hes a conventionally minded man who will not except anything outside the mainstream, he still thinks the Pyramids were built for just laying to rest a King 3,000 years before Christ! to me this is BS! the Pyramids were built well over 12,000 years before the King was even born!

To me that's BS. The pyramids were built right after limestone became available, which has to be a few hundreds of millions years ago, if not a couple of billion years ago. Care to compare evidence for our respective "theories"? Caution, you are NOT allowed to use mainstream scientific data, it's all tainted by TPTB.

Generally speaking,

Hawass is a showman with a huge responsibility on his hands. Imagine being in his place for a moment, how would YOU fare?

And about that poor girl that lost it inside the GP, he may sound harsh but if you think a bit, is he really? How would the caretaker of Stonehenge react if a student turned it to a latrine? Or, I can tell you exactly how I, although I am not holding any position related to archeological treasures, would react if someone, anyone, took a piss in the Parthenon. Or, to bring it closer to what I think is "home" for many of you, what if someone took a piss in the Alamo?
OK, she could excuse herself beforehand and miss on TV exposure or, she could have gone to the bathroom before she entered the GP (or she thought it was a cool way to draw attention to herself perhaps?). His remark "this is sacred place" says it all, it IS a sacred and if one cannot treat it this way then they should stay home.

Bash him all you like, can YOU do his job?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Right. And all evidence to the contrary (and none that indicates your belief could be true) be damned.

And ignored.

Way to deny ..., wait ..., I mean, way to embrace ignorance.

Harte

There are other theories and facts that have not been adequately explained....we should keep and open mind.

It is food for thought that salt encrustation was discovered in the Queen's Chamber when it was first opened:

Part II

"The Great Dragon has respect but for the 'Serpents' of Wisdom, the Serpents whose holes are now under the triangular stones," i.e. "the Pyramids, at the four corners of the world."
(b) This tells us clearly that which is mentioned more than once elsewhere in the Commentaries; namely, that the Adepts or "Wise" men of the three Races (the Third, Fourth and Fifth) dwelt in subterranean habitats, generally under some kind of pyramidal structure, if not actually under a pyramid. -- H. P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine 2:351-2
As we have seen in Part I, we do not know who built the pyramids. In what time period do we then place them if we cannot base it upon the time when the supposed builders lived? H. P. Blavatsky tells us that:

One of the books of Hermes describes certain of the pyramids as standing upon the sea-shore, "the waves of which dashed in powerless fury against its base." This implies that the geographical features of the country have been changed, and may indicate that we must accord to [the pyramids] . . . an origin antedating the upheaval of the Sahara and other deserts. -- Isis Unveiled 1:520

One of the greatest mysteries of this chamber has been the salt encrustation on the walls. It was up to one-half-inch thick in places, and Petrie took it into account when he made measurements of the chamber. The salt also was found along the Horizontal Passage and in the lower portion of the Grand Gallery. How did salt come to build up on the walls?
Those who have seen some significance in the presence of the salt have speculated that it could have been deposited on the walls as the water of the biblical Great Flood receded. Others have speculated that the Great Pyramid and its neighbours were surrounded by water at one time. -- Christopher Dunn, The Giza Power Plant, p. 193

www.theosociety.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Please explain what you mean by "salt". Is it the salt you use for your food or is it "salt" in a chemical sense?

If the former, I have no explanation and it is indeed a mystery.

If the latter, then there is some way to explain it, using the mother of all evils, mainstream science! The pyramids are built by limestone, right? Limestone can by eroded (and dissolved) by water (this is what makes stalactites in caves, this is what makes caves actually). Egypt may be a dry, desert-like country but the area of the pyramids sees SOME rainfall every year, no? The pyramid blocks may be stacked tightly together but water CAN trickle between them, no? (see where I am going?)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maegnas
Please explain what you mean by "salt". Is it the salt you use for your food or is it "salt" in a chemical sense?

If the former, I have no explanation and it is indeed a mystery.

If the latter, then there is some way to explain it, using the mother of all evils, mainstream science! The pyramids are built by limestone, right? Limestone can by eroded (and dissolved) by water (this is what makes stalactites in caves, this is what makes caves actually). Egypt may be a dry, desert-like country but the area of the pyramids sees SOME rainfall every year, no? The pyramid blocks may be stacked tightly together but water CAN trickle between them, no? (see where I am going?)

From what I understood, it is Sea salt. in other words when salt water dries up it usually leaves salt residue.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Did they find salt residue on the floors? Because it is a bit weird to have salt residue on the walls (and quite thick, at half an inch) and not have many times that on the floors. Gravity doesn't cease to work inside the pyramids so it should have its effects in that phenomenon too.

Is there any indication of salt depositions on the outside of the pyramid? Although I do understand that most of it should be cleared by now by wind, sandstorms and rain, miniscule amounts should be there. That is IF (you can see this is a big "if"
) the pyramids have indeed spent any amount of time under sea water.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maegnas
Did they find salt residue on the floors? Because it is a bit weird to have salt residue on the walls (and quite thick, at half an inch) and not have many times that on the floors. Gravity doesn't cease to work inside the pyramids so it should have its effects in that phenomenon too.

Is there any indication of salt depositions on the outside of the pyramid? Although I do understand that most of it should be cleared by now by wind, sandstorms and rain, miniscule amounts should be there. That is IF (you can see this is a big "if"
) the pyramids have indeed spent any amount of time under sea water.

Yes, I can see the big "if" (sometimes in moments of clarity
). That is why I said:

"There are other theories and facts that have not been adequately explained....we should keep and open mind".

You are correct that there should be residue left, even if it is
microscopic. I read somewhere that a group of scientist wanted to take chromo/spectoral readings of the blocks outside or something like that, just can't remember where I read that?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think it is absolutely hideous she wet THERE.

But why did she do it?

Would he not let her go to the bathroom for too long?
IF that's the case, he might as well have done it himself!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Others familiar with the digs (who have worked digs in Egypt) says the thing is a scripted "reality show", and I can readily believe that. He says they probably do a lot of retakes and script it that day. The "assistant" is actually an actress (no comment about her acting abilities.)

I was present when one of those "reality shows" came to a dinosaur dig I was working on... I can tell you that the "reality" is faked. I recognize the "okay, have the workers look busy" shots (the ones where they're brushing the ground with paintbrushes is one of them.)

At the site where we had the production crew, we let the stars "discover" a fossil that we had found 2 weeks ago and were in the process of removing. One of them was handed a brush so they could pose "brushing" the fossil to recover it (here's a hint: we use trowels and dental picks in Real Life -- and they use trowels and shovels at a real archaeological dig.) The producer had them "discover" a fossil while walking around the site (we'd flagged it the previous week) and the site director was instructed to act very excited at the find.

One of the team actually had to go home and fetch a piece out of his collection for them to "find" in a different location.

That's the kind of "reality" they've got there on that show.

I suppose you could guess that have a very low opinion of the show.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I can understand the pressure of the show makers, they have to present something exciting in under an hour (I believe most documentaries run to about 50-59 minutes or so, no? Many of them run to 30 minutes which makes it even harder) so staging such "finds" is necessary.

To stage someone peeing their pants inside the GP is something else though. Either Hawass is so much of an attention wh*re or there was not much else to keep the interest on that episode? Or, and I find this idea annoying, was it necessary to underline the fact that the pyramids are a sacred place and not a latrine? I mean, who pees in their holy places?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join