It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness Egypt's Glory!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Unless you've been living under a rock recently, you know about the famed work and career of Dr. Zahi Hawass and his recent glorious endeavour on the History Channel.

The man is an ambassador and an asset to his country. His most recent project, "Chasing Mummies" has enlightened us all as to the glory of the ancient egyptian culture and the honourable manner in which its caretakers protect it and inform the public on one of the greatest civilizations in recorded history.

Please take the time to witness the below videos to understand his greatness.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by rajaten]

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Mr [snip: Manners and Decorum] lets everybody else do the hard work then shuts them down and steps in and takes all the glory a lot of archeologists and egyptologists will tell you hes a self serving prat.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Byrd]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Did you watch the videos? He is a truly great man.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I've heard Hawass called a lot of things...

Great wasn't one of them..

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Having not watched the vids but having seen the name of the second one "Girl Pees on Great Pyramid" i'm assuming that the OP is being highly sarcastic

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

lol zawass is a legend

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Having not watched the vids but having seen the name of the second one "Girl Pees on Great Pyramid" i'm assuming that the OP is being highly sarcastic

He was complaining about humidity and I guess he got more than he bargained for.

Instant dried pharaoh; just add humidity.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hes a TPTB puppet, hes a conventionally minded man who will not except anything outside the mainstream, he still thinks the Pyramids were built for just laying to rest a King 3,000 years before Christ! to me this is BS! the Pyramids were built well over 12,000 years before the King was even born!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
"Girl Pees On Great Pyramid" was possibly one of the strangest pieces of video I've ever seen, considering the fact that the whole "scene" was obviously scripted and directed.

I can't figure out what they were trying to get across to the audience with this scene....
Hawass' seriousness regarding the preservation of Egyptian antiquities?
Hawass' pretentious dominance over young girls?
Hawass' little known lifelong revulsion to body fluids? (might explain why he's so into mummies, no fluid...plausible, no?)

"...You don't deserve to be working with us at all...later you will be punished..."

What the? Who wrote this? Plus, Hawass maxes out my BS meter every time I see him doing/saying anything.

Legend? Maybe to others, but not to me. Not by a long shot.

edit to add: I also agree with Kryties, the OP does come across a bit tounge-in-cheekish. I hope that's the case, if not, more power to ya, rajaten.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by tjack]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is just sad, really, sad.

I have seen this show, and it is, what it is. Just a show.

Egypt has had many great moments.

This is, not one of them! Zahi Hawass is entertaing, but you need a puke bag to go along with his self glorification!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hawass is an egotistical liar and a fraud. He was given most of his qualifications and, apparently, the paper trail of his employment can be traced back to the NSA.

This little prick disgusts me and the sooner he's gotten rid of the better.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
this man is a fool and a charlatan, propagating lies and false history. Claiming creation rights to the most complicated piece of stonework that predates his little tent city by a few thousand years. He'd do the same to stone henge if it was in his back yard. He needs to be replaced with someone who is actually interested in uncovering the true history of Egypt. So don't get all excited when the mishistory channel does a special with this d-bag.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This threads responses are great for a laugh. Funny how so many dislike Zahi Hawass. Whether or not his attitude or any of his actions are proper, the man's heart (true or not) SEEMS to be in the right place regardless. Preserving & Rediscovering the past (notice how CONCLUDING the past wasn't part of what I give him credit for). Yes he may have many alternatives for his life long work, but doesn't absolutely everything anyone ever pursues, have alternatives (even quiet ones)? Let's focus less on him, and whomever he has doing his work for him (obviously they signed up for it, if they're working with the man) and more on those 2 main things the guy is trying to do (even with all the 'wrongs' in HOW and WHY he does them)? I'm sure many can agree that there could be a better Egyptologist doing the same excavations, but has one surfaced (No buddy, they haven't. Or at least haven't become as famous and acknowledged, [possibly one of those 'disinformation' attempts to guard the highest truth, right you all-understanding theorists out there?] And yes, he may have leaped to some incorrect conclusions (but that's part of Rediscovering), but give the guy credit for trying.. c'mon? Ok, so maybe quietly he's eagerly and evilly pursuing, aware or unaware of it. He'll answer for the subliminal reasoning one day. But Wow. Foolish hatred.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by tauschen]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by tauschen]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tauschen

Well said. I am shocked and astounded at the disrespect he is receiving. The Pharaoh (Hawass) is of the most noble character.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by tauschen

Well said. I am shocked and astounded at the disrespect he is receiving. The Pharaoh (Hawass) is of the most noble character.

Only people who are asleep get shocked at the reaction to Hawass! I cant remember the last time i was shocked an astounded about anything in this world! i guess you could say im awake!

PS that poor girl! "he says you dont deserve to be working with me!" i know what i would of told him the arrogant bas%*%d.....

[edit on 14-8-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Carefull, your sarcasm is showing

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
it's just a show and im pretty sure they made it that way to entertain the viewers.
even though some parts are a bit shocking.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I gave you all a pointer a while back regarding egypt. Something of importance will unfold.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by rajaten

Carefull, your sarcasm is showing

oh whoops

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join