It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs mosque near ground zero

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mishigas

im still trying to figure that out myself

Is that what that clicking is? Thought I was losing another hard drive.

constitution does give freedom of religion and since sharia law is a major part of any muslim the constitution guarantees the freedom to practice sharia law

Is it really? Again I ask - why do none of my Muslim friends try and kill me? Being a Satanist, I am surely and infidel to them, no?

It is really not that hard. They have the right to build a house of worship. They have a right to pray to any god they like. They do not have the right to murder anyone.

What is so hard to understand?

In the year 2003, there were 58 murders in my hometown; 3.49 times the national average. Guess how many have been Muslims or Sharia law murders? 0

Who am I supposed to be afraid of again? People building a house of worship? Because you think this one mosque will finally legalize murder?

stoning and hanging and cutting off womens noses etc is legal under sharia law since it trumps us constitutional rights they can not be prosecuted.

Where do you get the idea that Sharia law trumps our constitution?

now see how they can twist that?

[edit on 14-8-2010 by neo96]

How did I do?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
100mil will buy alot of real estate even in ny.

expand where ya already got one of the 100!!

rebuild st. nichols first.

they are being provocative and sleazy about the whole thing.

besides, they don't care, gather in a day care center, welfare center, (right here where i live), where ever but no starbucks or macd's. never see them in more than 3, even on the subway.

no mineretts tho, uh uh! that's a no no. thank god for the commies.

sharia!! don't like it! rock the casaba, rock the casaba!

[edit on 15-8-2010 by fooks]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Look simple thing we we should be asking: "Do any of you back Shariah law"? If so explain why. This goes out to every Muslim and Non Muslim, specifically in the U.S. Why would you ever support Shariah law?

Do you back capital punishment for juvenile shoplifters? Do you support raping children for fun? Do you support randomly stealing pets for ritual sacrifice? Do you support scalping for bad behavior in traffic? Do you support bombing any school or church that has the word "exactly" in print anywhere on the grounds? This goes out to every Muslim and Non Muslim and whatever you think you are that is yet a third choice. Why would you support such things?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by neo96

Exactly. What they fail to admit is that to a muslim, the religion is the law. A mosque is much more than a simple place to worship.

Again, EXPLAIN WHY MY MUSLIM FRIENDS DO NOT TRY TO KILL ME AS AN INFIDEL!!!!!!

what is the problem with this question? It applies directly to your logic.

You're right about sharia trumping American law.

Muslims have been in this country for 300 years but any minute now, Sharia will trump law? Can you guys explain any of this or are you just told to repeat it as much as possible?

Look at Britain. I had a Brit tell me recently that the US is only a few years away from what has happened to the UK.

Of course. Who would have more insight into the intricate inner workings of the United States and how law are being rewritten in secret to appease this one mosque than some brit you talked to.

Neighbor's dog tell you anything too?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Less than a 1000th of a percent is what you consider common?

Second line.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
they probably think you are an idiot and preaching for them.

you see the connection? dog.

you are being duped.

we can save you!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Could you explain how the president exactly failed on this issue? By upholding the freedom and rights of all americans of all backrounds his a failure? Aside from the other policies and actions he has made that I will in some cases agree with you on, your view on his decision as faliure on demonstrates your unwillingness to acknowledge true freedom in this country.

Yes, he could have remained silent on this issue. Instead he used it to further his be nice and make the Arabs feel good agenda. He should consider American "Feelings" first. He should have just kept his mouth shut on this one.

He did not in any meaningful way do one single thing he promissed.

Like what? The healthcare plan? The healthcare plan we ended up with was corporate infested but as much as we can blame the president for not having pushed the public option enough, we must remember that a portion of the Democrats voted against it. The issue is not just the president himself when it comes the healthcare bill, the issue stems to both parties.

He failed to close Guantánamo Bay. He has yet to end the wars. And he chickend out on healthcare.

Hillary would have been an excellent President.

How so? Her policies were 99% in line with Obama's and considering there are Democrats just as much in the tank for big business as there are Republicans, I fail to see what exactly would have changed?

She along with Bill would have brought much more experience and wisdom to the White House. She also would not be kissing the rear end of the Arabs. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the Arabs I am against our president kissing their rear ends.

So you think Dan Quayle is going to replace Hillary Clinton for you? If thats the case then your support for Hillary or prior support for Obama certainly does not appear to be on the issues or policies.

Presidents have limited power. Dan Quayle now has the experience and wisdom brought by life to make good decisions for the country. His political agenda would be appropriately "balanced" by Congress.
In my opinion DQ would be a better president than Obama.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

reply to post by dreamwalker74

Here's where I personally stop on your logic wheel.

You know in the cartoons when someone falls down a water wheel but keeps "falling" as the paddles continuously spank them? That is really more what it looks like that an actual stop. Let me help.

Radical Muslims have attacked a major U.S. city, have killed thousands of U.S. citizens. Yet only ten years later, they want to put a mosque,

Who wants to put a mosque? The extremists that died on 9/11? Is this being built by ghosts? How do you link "they" to the terrorists?

led by a questionable Imam,

Find me a religious institution NOT lead by a questionable person. Any good questions though? NO? OK.

who is getting $100,000,000 in support from "unknown sources",

I think ~Lucidity needs to add the fact that there is no funding yet to her signature because some of you are really putting effort into ignoring that.

on a site where thousands died because of a direct result of radical islamists.

No it is not ON anything but Burlington Coat Factory.

That stopped my "logic wheel" right there.

Not sure it was ever actually moving to begin with after all that.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

reply to post by ~Lucidity

Dear Lucidity, If you had lost a Mother, Father, Or even a close friend, I tend to believe you would be throwing a Holey Fit.

I would be very angry with THE PEOPLE THAT DID IT.

and I would be backing you. Explain your PC mentality, to the mother who lost her husband and the two and three year olds she had in day care in the buildings.

If she wants to be angry with the people who did it, she should be. If she wants to be angry with completely different people that had nothing to do with it, I would certainly spend some time trying to help her deal with that.

Some people will NEVER get over this, and I support them till the end.

Help us. Explain to me what this mosque has to do with the terrorists? Then explain to me how every Christian should not be held in the same light as Tim McVeigh or David Koresh.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

When you make unfounded accusations against a person or a group, be prepared to defend yourself. Like with a linky thing to proof that the TPM "are protesting mosques all over the country now".

Sure. How about this one?

Tea Party Movement Protests Mosques Across USA

The NYT? Bwahahahaha

Oh, and it seems every time there it a WalMart proposed in a town, protests spring up.

Maybe this one?

California Tea Party will bring dogs to anti-mosque protest

Funny, all I really meant was thanks tea party for fomenting this anti-American hate-filled, protest anything not White, Christian, and Republican for giving us the atmosphere the welcomes groups of angry morons to protest angry moron ideals but hey I found the links anyway.

One town translates to "all over the country now"? Nothing like a cup of hyperbole with your morning hypocrisy shtick, eh?

Ever ask yourself why they are protesting?

“An Islamic Mosque is planned to be built in Temecula. Islam is not a religion. It is a worldwide political movement meant on domination of the world. And it is meant to subjugate all people under Islamic law … Islam treats women as second class people and they also hate dogs. Women are forbidden to sing and dogs are killed. We will not be submissive to Shariah Law.

Nasty stuff, that woman subjugation thing. Most Americans I know would be totally opposed to it.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by mishigas]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to post by ~Lucidity

I who lost two friends, care quite a bit. The only difference is I've pulled my head out of the sand long enough to identify the enemy.

Who is the enemy? You know we are fighting some major wars right now where lots of people are dying? If you can fix all that by just pointing out the enemy and where he is in NY, maybe we can end all this finally. Please elaborate.

I'm not a religeous man, I don't forgive. I don't forget.

Gosh that sound familiar.

I will not allow the assimilation of my county to the people who perpetrated this.

Now you are worried about zombie muslims? Think the people that did this are going to walk out of that pile of what was once building?

I will not forget. I WILL NOT FOGIVE!

Right. Why not on 4chan with the rest of your anonymous friends posting suicide autopsy pics on facebook pages?

I will fight to see that every time any radical religion regardless of what it is threatens thousands if not millions of my fellow citizens, I am first in line to not only point it out, but stop it if I can.

What radical religion are you referring to here now? All muslims are radical? All 1.5 billion of them?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Magnus47

it took decades for americans animosity towards japanese to subside

Maybe be cause we were actually attacked by the NATION OF JAPAN?

9 years is not nearly long enough for some feelings to go away

What feelings? Feelings towards all Muslims? A specific country? World leaders?

as to americans owning america not hardly its almost to the point where more foreigners own a substantial part of america

Then might as well sit back and enjoy the ride because obviously it is game over.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

yes muslims have a right to build it.

but they should take the high road and decline.

more points if they move it on down the road. ya think?!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

We still haven't forgiven the Nazi's. They never hurt the U.S. Near as much as the radicall Muslims.

Um...can you tell me all about the moderate Nazi agenda?

Last time I checked Nazism was Extremism defined. Are you really saying all Muslims are terrorists bent on killing non-Muslims just like all Nazis were really bent on genocide?

Wow!

Just wow!

The Nazis. Really? Guess I missed that part in history class when they explained how there were good Nazis and bad Nazis.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Muslims would never let the west build a Haliburton office in Central baghdad... so why should we let them build a mosque at ground zero.

there' needs to be some cultural sensitivity .

We are supposed to be better than baghdada, no?

For that matter, how do you equate a company that poisons and abuses our soldiers in the name of profit to a house of worship? Do you worship Haliburton? What do you like best about them? Stealing our tax dollars to drive empty trucks or stealing our tax dollars to short the soldiers what they need?

Why do you all keep with this argument?

This is what you are saying-
"We are America and we are better than you, unless it comes to some standard of something that irritates us, then we want to lower ourselves to your standards until you get better."

See if you can run a competitive business that way and tell me how that works out.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

reply to post by whatukno

I forgot... what is the Sharia equivalent of Freedom of Speech and Religion again? You want us to celebrate the stoning of women and hanging of homoseshuals because....???

Let's compare apples with apples, i.e., law with law, Constitution with Sharia. Not religion vs law, or islam vs Constitution.

How about American law Vs. American law?

Why do you need to stretch so far to try and make it out to be something else? This is only about American law- under which they have the right to build that mosque but not the right to stone anyone to death. There are over 100 mosques in NYC now. Is stoning legal there now?

It is not legal under American law, but it is condoned under Sharia. And this is bigger than just American law Vs. American law. To muslims, islam is the law. And a mosque is much more than just a place to worship. And I'd show you some interesting intel reports on why this particular location is dangerous, but I fear they would be lost on you.

You want to use our Constitution to protect their rights to build. Yet they do not accept our laws, as evidenced by the fact that neither you nor whatukno could give me their equivalent Bill of Rights.

Word was that they want to open their new mosque on Sept. 11, 201x. True? If so, very insensitive.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The NYT? Bwahahahaha

When you get done laughing, tell me the story is not true.

Please, just please tell me that it is not true.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Muslims would never let the west build a Haliburton office in Central baghdad... so why should we let them build a mosque at ground zero.

there' needs to be some cultural sensitivity .

We are supposed to be better than baghdada, no?

For that matter, how do you equate a company that poisons and abuses our soldiers in the name of profit to a house of worship? Do you worship Haliburton? What do you like best about them? Stealing our tax dollars to drive empty trucks or stealing our tax dollars to short the soldiers what they need?

got any proof of that cameltoe?

links maybe?

or just some..hey wait a minute! you getting paid for this sewage you spouting?

Why do you all keep with this argument?

This is what you are saying-
"We are America and we are better than you, unless it comes to some standard of something that irritates us, then we want to lower ourselves to your standards until you get better."

See if you can run a competitive business that way and tell me how that works out.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What part of the first amendment do those of you in opposition to the muslim's right to build this mosque not understand? Don't you realize that it would literally be unconstitutional for our government to take any position that did not support their right to build the mosque?

The muslim faith did not commit the atrocities of 9-11, it was Al Qaeda that did. Last I heard Al Qaeda was not a religion, it was a terrorist organization. Unless you're prepared to blame 9-11 on religion in general, there really should be no objection to the building of this mosque.

If you want to ban the muslims from constructing a mosque near ground zero, then it would only be fitting that we ban all religions from building centers for worship in that area and of course, that too would be unconstitutional.

The hypocrisy and bigotry being displayed by those who oppose the muslims right to build this mosque near ground zero is far more frightening than any foreign terrorist group. This is terrorism within our own borders and it is being orchestrated by the same neo-conservative groups who would have you fear your own shadow. Their goal is to ultimately have us change our constitution to to fit their own skewed version of morality.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Flatfish]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Exactly. What they fail to admit is that to a muslim, the religion is the law. A mosque is much more than a simple place to worship.

Again, EXPLAIN WHY MY MUSLIM FRIENDS DO NOT TRY TO KILL ME AS AN INFIDEL!!!!!!

what is the problem with this question? It applies directly to your logic.

First time you asked me this question, so easy with the conniption fit. You're gonna pop a vein in your forehead.

As to why your muslim buds don't try to kill you as an infidel, I don't know. And you don't know that they haven't, only to have their plan foiled at the last moment.

But, if you give me their names and numbers, I'll ask them, OK?

But I really doubt if true muslims view a satanist as a true friend...

Look at Britain. I had a Brit tell me recently that the US is only a few years away from what has happened to the UK.

Of course. Who would have more insight into the intricate inner workings of the United States and how law are being rewritten in secret to appease this one mosque than some brit you talked to.

You really have to get out more. To deny the problems the UK has had with muslims is to have one's head buried in the sand.

]Neighbor's dog tell you anything too?

Yeah. He told me to watch out for satanists.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join