It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US successfully invade Canada?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by saphic
have a Canadian run for president and if they win the election problem solved,America would become Canada.

A Canadian cant run. Remember the Obama Kenya birth certificate?

link   
Canada and America are like twins with american being the more muscular one but, my point is that they are always going to go head to head in any bad situations. So, I don't think they would be face to face with each other, unless some huge catastrophe leaves the American without foods/resources.

link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by CynicalM

The members that get enraged are the ones I'm talking to and they are in the minority. Canada and the US are HUGE buds. It's the "Rah Rah" boys I'm talking to. The thing is that you don't have a strong nation on your borders. Like us. Like Poland, Georgia, etc. If you had this you would understand.

Sounds like all you want to do is spread hate around.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I consider Canada a decent and beautiful neighbor.

BTW: I get along with every single person I am privledged enough to live next too.

In my neighborhood, we are quiet mind our own business, respect each other's privacy and if someone needs help, we help them out.

Now, I can't speak for the government I live under - my vote doesn't count. We are in a war I never voted for.

IMHO The American Government is corrupt and a bully.

But me personally, no I think America is lucky to be the neighbor of such a big, beautiful and nice country as Canada.

Canada is where many older Americans have to go to get their life saving medicines because American pharma companies are such a major lobbyists force in Washington.

Would America invade Canada?

I don't know, hope not. BUT and this is a big but, once the American Government zeros in on resources it wants/needs, it seems to make up a story and carry out false flag operations to make it's citizens go to war.

Do I think Canada is weak. Heck no, they have a better healthcare system, transportational system and social system compared to America.

And why is Canada's economy better at the moment than the USA

Many reasons:

1. Better regulation of the financial sector.
www.nytimes.com...

2. A higher human development index
en.wikipedia.org...
because of better education:
hdrstats.undp.org...
hdrstats.undp.org...
lower income inequality
en.wikipedia.org...
etc.

3. Less debt on the part of individual Canadians (i.e. external debt rather than government debt)
en.wikipedia.org...
and a higher savings rate:
findarticles.com...
so individual Canadian families are not so close to the edge.

4. And if you are asking about the recession, rather than long term, instead of laying people off, Canadian companies spread the pain by cutting hours:
www.theglobeandmail.com...

For now Canada has been managed (governed) better than America, however keep in mind TPTB are going global.

Strange things are a foot. And the New WORLD Order isn't called that for no reason.

We as people in all nations must ban together putting aside our race, nationalities and religious differences to stay free.

God I wish Canada wasn't so cold - My favorite place was Port Alice. I felt so at home there.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc09e1ff2dd2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think the main issue would be Canada's inability to counter or even withstand the U.S.'s Trident first strike capability (Air/Land/Sea nuclear strikes). Even in the height of the Cold War, the Soviet Union was deterred from attacking the U.S. not through its land-based secretive missile silos (they had mapped most of them out) or its airborne tactical nuclear bombs (they could intercept most of them), but its nuclear submarines (they could not track them, and they could come as close as the Baltic and strike with complete effectiveness).

Purely hypothetically speaking, the U.S. could neutralize with Counter-Force (military) and Counter-Value (Infrastructure/Civilian) 99% of the tactically relevant areas of Canada within the space of a few hours. Not to say that the post-strike war wouldn't be difficult; the mere act of occupying a country as large as Canada would be a military nightmare. But with the entirety of Canada reeling from nuclear Annihilation, I'm sure we could simply seal off the borders and let them boil under the nuclear fallout.

That being said, why would we do that?? Canada is arguably the U.S.'s greatest ally (perhaps behind Israel or Poland, and alongside Australia and GBR), and one of the few countries that shares the mutual cultural heritage of immigrant beginnings and melting-pot societies. Canada's too cool to blow up.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I can't stop thinking about the South Park movie now

Watch out for their chainsaws!!1

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silentthought38

Bottom line- we shouldn't even blow up IRAN let alone Canada... eh?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spidy
Reply to post by slane69

Americans think they are the best because of what we are taught in school. Im a current high school student and I see it all the time in my history classes. Students are always so wide eyed when they figure out that the US has killed thousands of people indiscriminately in the past. They think that the US has never layed a hand on anybody without reason to do so. Talk about ignorance, and then we complain about corrupt individuals who become a threat to society. It all starts in the seemingly harmless facility we call school..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

So you're not an American? The way you phrased your post almost sounds like you are ashamed. College is as an even worse propaganda machine that public school. Talk about destruction of an ideal.

There is no need to invade our friendly cold-blooded neighbors to the north, NAFTA is taking care of that. Not one Jack boot will set foot on your sovereign land, but your country will bend like a reed in the wind regardless. Just stating the truth. It's bad for us all.

I'm proud of my American heritage, I'm proud that I am American. I am not happy with our current foreign policy (nation building is not an American ideal) I'm more for isolationism, let everyone else deal with the worlds issues and leave us alone.

You want to know why we are having "difficulties" in Iraq, Afghanistan and formerly in Vietnam? Rules of Engagement. IF they are convoluted, change every 2 hours, it effects morale, confuses the troops, and prevents the task from getting accomplished. History lesson for you American bashers. Vietnam war was started in 1946... indochina war ring the bell? France vs. Vietnam, we picked it up after they couldn't bear any more losses. Afghanistan was Russia's Vietnam, we are faring significantly better against the same enemy by the end in 1988 , they lost over 14,000 troops and a severely dented ego.

Canada, fear not, the people of America do not want to take you over. We respect your borders and your way of life.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Absolutely!

Iran's an interesting story, though. Its own citizens don't trust their gov't. Are we willing to wait for a revolution from the younger, more Western-friendly Iranians to take out the Islamic regime, or will we take the law into our own hands? Personally, I believe that it would be in the best interest of U.S. Foreign Policy to allow Iranians to decide their future for themselves. It would give us a powerful ally in the Middle East. But what do I know, I'm an isolationist anywho...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As a proud candian i can say for a fact that all canadians are very proud and patriotic as much if not more than americans.. Without a doubt all canadians would fight tooth and nail to keep this country as free and beautiful as it is today. We are a loving and welcoming country. We dont feel the need to kill to prove a point!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, I think we could justify it at least.
Back Bacon would have to be considered a WMD.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Your a fool to even begin this thread. I am a Canadian and would not even begin to even think like this. Now people he may have had a few to many beers to start this so consider it a menadering of a drunken fool from Canada

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Why would America want to invade Canada? the way I see it any foreign power trying to invade America would have to go through Canada first.... hopefully Canada isnt the little brother they appear to be... cmon Canada can defend themselves true but America is beyond Canada's capabilities in warfare and to argue that is to not understand the difference between an occupation and flat out genocide of the Canadian people.... even at its most corrupt and lethargic America trumps the rest of the world.... America is the best because hey cmon " the dream team".... Michael Jordan made the rest of the world focus on soccer more.... be happy Canada still has the Blue Jays, how could you destroy the EXPOS? Canadians are broomstick boofers lol

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So, you read a threat that makes you angry.. and in response you start a threat to stir up crap and start a fight. One good turn eh?

Good thing you took the high road! O.. wait..

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc09e1ff2dd2.jpg[/atsimg]

Now tell me how by simply looking at this image even from one's monitor that you don't instantly become relaxed.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The US already invaded Canada years ago. Once NAFTA kicked in, we've been slowly losing our natural resources to american companies. Almost all the mega stores are all owned by american companies. Almost all our natural resource companies have been bought out by american companies. Eg. BC Gas now called Terrasen, BC Tel now called Telus, Canadian National Railway now just called CN, the list goes on, and on and on.

They invaded Canada, just not militarily. They didn't have to. They just bought out everything including our politicians.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Excellent vid especially the last scene, Canada would be one of three countries that would get UK support against the USA, our not inconsiderable navy could easily transport over 500 troops a month to Canada and if the yanks let us use Greenland the RAF could send more than 10 planes to Canada's aid. That doesn't even bring to the discussion what military aid France might bring to the table.

After the swift withdrawal of the Yanks and their "Honorable" peace I wonder if the Trailer Park Boys would do their take on the occupation.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
In this weird parallel world of the OP's creation, and as a Brit, I'd be quite content for Canada to come under the British nuclear umbrella and for our 4 ballistic missile submarines to be primed and ready to inflict ruination on the USA if they dare invade one of the Queen's realms.

Seriously. No-one invades "one of ours" and gets away with it. I think the second burning of Washington DC might be quite splendid to observe, from about 30 miles away obviously.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Absolutely!
But I'm not 14, so such fantasies do not interest me much.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Because of Oz the weatherman's topic, I had to come over and check out your thread intrepid, I for one AM all for invading Canada,

How do you know we haven't already?

[edit on 113131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join