It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Google Video Link

From the link:

A very well built documentary about cannabis and drug prohibition. Does the drug prohibition work? Have a look and think for yourself.

Another great flick dealing with the war on drugs and it's failings. This one is specifically about pot and if you cannot see the hypocrisy after watching this then I don't know what it will take.

I wasted a post bumping a old thread on this movie since it was ignored. So here it is in the proper forum. Hopefully this gets a little attention here as it deserves it.

I am so very tired of pot being illegal. It's only illegal because people are brainwashed about it from years of propaganda, beating it into our heads how awful and dangerous a weed is. It's insane to anyone who has even a few working brain cells left(well, it should be).

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
It's only illegal because people are brainwashed about it from years of propaganda, beating it into our heads how awful and dangerous a weed is.

I think there's a little more to it than that. The pharmaceutical industry and several other industries see the legalization of hemp/marijuana as a threat to their profit margin. S&F. Good video.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Of course Big Pharma has their grubby hands all over this. They can't make money off pot so they need it to be illegal, that way we are stuck with their crap. I'd bet if you look at the money trail they have contributed loads to the propaganda machine against pot.

It's really quite sad. We cut down forests of trees for wood/paper yet we cannot use hemp and the bloody Declaration as written on hemp paper, FFS! Hemp could make better clothes than the crap we wear today, made out of synthetic fibers from the likes of DuPont, who IIRC were instrumental in making it illegal.

I'd really love those who openly hate pot and pot smokers to watch this video and NOT see how hypocritical the war on drugs is. Hating someone because they smoke a plant is insane.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I've seen this documentary it;s excellent and clears up a lot of the myths about MJ, also quite emotional seeing the effects of MJ on the young man with MS Thats enough in my opinion to make people really think.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thinking seems to be the problem. Or should I say the lack of brain thought concerning this subject is the problem. That scene you mentioned literally proves pot can be used as medicine yet it still remains illegal.

The potential uses of pot and hemp are so numerous it's insane to keep it illegal, yet we do. Land of the free, eh? Sure, whatever.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
I'd really love those who openly hate pot and pot smokers to watch this video and NOT see how hypocritical the war on drugs is. Hating someone because they smoke a plant is insane.

Amen and hallelujah.

Everyone is so hellbent on being politically correct about everything else, yet when it comes to those who choose to exercise their right to the pursuit of happiness in an unpopular manner, all bets are off.

Friggin' hypocrites.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

i enjoyed how it pointed out how the american government made a law for farmers to grow hemp sometime in the 1800's i beleive it said

then outlawed it for 'making people ( esp latins and 'coloreds' ) "violent"

then they made it legal again, so that they could have plenty of cheap hemp products for the war effort

and then made it illegal again because it made people "nonviolent"

well, the hypocracy goes on, and that's not even mentioning the difference in hemp vs. THC abundant cannibis but i enjoyed how the intro the video had was nicely put together with those bits

nice post

[edit on 8/13/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I did a post on this in this section already with a ton of quotes from the movie.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join