It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart: The Race Card is Maxed Out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Stewart, with the help of Larry Wilmore, clearly hits a homer with this segment. This is too funny and certainly contains a ring of truth.

Hit the link and let the good times roll!!!
Dont think I can embed this clip.

www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I saw that episode, and I think you may have missed the point.

Yes, the black race card is maxed out. Blacks can't say that they are being oppressed by the man anymore, Obama did that.

Here's the thing tho, I as a white man, of course have the Master Race Card. It's unlimited, and I can use it against any race and creed. Hell, white people use the master race card all the time. We just use it in small amounts over long periods of time. Right now, whites are using the master race card on high like a scorned wife blowing her millionaire husband's fortune.

Don't forget too, Hispanics have barely tapped the credit on their race card.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I find it interesting that you are constantly downplaying your own race and trying to hold others blameless.......self hate much? The video was funny, and what's really funny is it was about spot on. I guess ones perspectives are based upon one's life events etc, however......not being able to laugh at anything is truely a sad thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

WTF are you talking about? Master Race card? Hell where can I get one of these?? Is there some sort of handshake We get to use? Do we have a club house some cool password? Really I want to know?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Oh no, it was hilarious, and there was a moment or two of truth to it.

Self hate? Oh no, I am awesome, and believe me I deal with a lot of racism where I work, was a lot worse when I worked downtown Detroit. The thing was, the people accusing me of racism were confusing racism with me just being a jerk.

reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Do what black people have done forever now, just blame your problems on you being white. Alternatively you can also project your failures and failures of your community on another race. I.E. White Conservatives blaming all the countries woes on Hispanics. Particularly "illegals". Remember, the key to this is to dehumanize the other race, you know, like white people do with "illegals"

[edit on 8/12/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

No point missed here. Take it for what it is.

Which race is the real master race?

Just look to the land of Araya... That's another thread altogether because they have a plan too...

I certainly agree that the Hispanic population has barely opened their deck of cards yet. Arizona is seeing the first of the trump cards right now...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You havent been getting "Cracker Monthly"? It comes with all of these "free executive salary" and "trophy wife" coupons.

I've never gotten an issue either. I guess they didnt deliver when I was living in a crack den ghetto and now that I'm in the middle of nowhere they probably cant find my mailbox.

Somebody's got to be getting it, right? Maybe they can scan the issues and post them for us? Are the coupons still valid if just print outs?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I usually agree a great deal with what you say...but i did not pick up on a hint of that what so ever in that daily show skit.

Also, i happen to disagree with it 110%...half out of confusion, half out of experience

Can you elaborate further on what you mean by "the master race card" and furthermore, how are white people using it like a woman scorned?

Edit for clarification: Yes, they referenced the "master race card" for earlier generations of white people, mainly referencing colonial whites, IMO, im not really sure.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

There is no real master race, I was using the joke from the clip silly!

See, no one can take a simple joke about race if it goes against their race.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Jon Stewart is clueless fool.

I don't know how otherwise reasonable adults can turn to this professional clown for insight and knowledge.

He reveals is true ignorance when he speaks about Jihad. He displays such total lack of understanding that he actually serves as a useful idiot for Jihad. And he also serves to keep ignorant those who are the direct target of Jihad activities.

I would wager he is a communist and a apologist for Islamic Jihad.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Jon Stewart is clueless fool

Ohhhhh the irony of your statement.

From my experiences, only scorned and bitter right wingers take up issue with J.S.

Perhaps not all...just the overwhelming majority.

Jon Stewart is not only hilarious but he, like other shows like South Park and Colbert Report, use humor to deliver a remarkably intelligent message.

And, if you actually watched them, you'd see they make fun of everyone from all angles, not just republicans (It just so happens that some republicans offer the greatest, most hilarious banter)

The Daily Show is leagues beyond morons like Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, etc, who are just leading leading their cult of oysters to their untimely doom of being plucked and devoured all in the name of what capitalism has evolved into

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

There illegal for a reason. There not suppose to be here. How would you like it if I moved into your house, trashed the place. Ate the food in your house. Got sick made you pay for it? Then invite my 27 of my closet family members in to live with us? Refused to learn your langue and demand that I can press 2 for my langue? Sent my kids to your schools and didn’t pay for it?

Honestly how would you feel??? And white folks are not the only ones who feel this way ever heard of the Crispus Atucks Brigade?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I guess your right it most likely goes by zip codes and since mine zip code is 2 miles from downtown Cincinnati (Who Dey) I dont get cracker monthly either... Damn I mad now. I want a trophy wife =) And High Paid salary jobs, instead of my work now. But hey I do work unlike some of my lazy neighbors who get welfare and have 12 kids...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
These folks are definitely out of cards...

30,000 people for 655 housing spots

13,000 applications were distributed!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

See, that's a perfect example of the master race card at work. You assume that it's YOUR house.

(I guess that you forgot that song, "This land is your land this land is our land")

You also assume that every illegal comes here and does all of that, you assume that no illegal comes here to try and make a better life for themselves, tries to assimilate into this society.

You talk and treat human beings as less than human. That's the Master Race Card at work. You assume that you are superior than illegals.

The other trick is to use what is known as the Superior Religion Card. That's when you say that another religion isn't actually a religion and doesn't deserve the same treatment as you enjoy.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Particularly "illegals". Remember, the key to this is to dehumanize the other race, you know, like white people do with "illegals"
If what you really mean by 'dehumanize' is to hold them accountable for their illegal status, then you should know that it isn't just white people that want that.

I am not white and I want everyone that comes into our country to do it in a legal manner. If the government relaxes the requirements for one reason or another, and they will be able to come across to work here more easily, fine.

Just don't break the rules that are in place, and don't expect to stereotypically pigeon-hole me with white people because I believe in law and order.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You talk and treat human beings as less than human. That's the Master Race Card at work. You assume that you are superior than illegals.

Thats not really the master race card at work...thats more like the American express card at work....(wow...i cant believe all these different card names work, LOL)

I know plenty of black friends, and even a couple of Asian friends of mine who feel exactly the same way I do about illegal immigrants.

It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with the feeling that they should be FORCED to follow the law just like the rest of us.

They get a bull # pass-card on it because they're "fleeing for a better life"

Well, where I come from, a better life is EARNED, not GIVEN.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

No point missed here. Take it for what it is.

Which race is the real master race?

Just look to the land of Araya... That's another thread altogether because they have a plan too...

I certainly agree that the Hispanic population has barely opened their deck of cards yet. Arizona is seeing the first of the trump cards right now...

Clearly you either do not watch the daily show enough or do not understand satire in itself. At least you laughed though and that is really the ultimate goal here.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

But I think that you are getting the point. You could say that illegals are using the discover card.

I think the "card" mentality really is generalizing any race, creed, religion, lumping some attribute to that group.

Some people use the bigot card, when they blame all of Islam for extremists.

Some people use your "American Express Card" when lumping all illegals as evil people.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The whole purpose of that skit was not actually about race. It is about the lack of accountability in our society. Too many people play various cards to evade their responsibility. Deflect deflect deflect. It is always someone else's fault.

The only racist people are the people that continue to raise the issue during non-issue discussion. Racism runs rampant on this board every single day.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Doom and Gloom]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join