It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Variability’ % proves God is the SPECIAL CAUSE, skeptics, why are you ignoring?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

TD, if you are really seeking see:

www.amazon.com...

OT

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Is that what they really say about DNA? And the bible lied by not telling us about coming from monkeys and or other species so you say, but good thing is though we surly cant be being lied to now about all this DNA stuff. Gotta take the word of others. Most say the MSM is lying/misleading, and the government is withholding information. But most will believe in what the “Paid” researchers “FIND”.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Good work...here's some more for you.

Ahhh yes. That argument.

I agree. If things were different.... then things would be different. That doesn't really get us anywhere, does it?

Still though, using your own reasoning I presented you a case of a statistical probability of life that exceeds by more than double your statistical probability of special cause.

And then you avoid this (admittedly comical) point by presenting a non sequitur. Can we remain on topic for at least some amount of time or are we playing "move the goalposts" ad nauseum in order for you to avoid addressing the skeptics?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup

Is that what they really say about DNA? And the bible lied by not telling us about coming from monkeys and or other species so you say, but good thing is though we surly cant be being lied to now about all this DNA stuff. Gotta take the word of others. Most say the MSM is lying/misleading, and the government is withholding information. But most will believe in what the “Paid” researchers “FIND”.

Ummmm.... the studies of DNA are testable and reproducible by anyone and therefore do not rely on someone's unsupported claim, such as the kind of claims present in the bible. Science relies in no way on "taking someone's word" for something. I hope that clears things up for you.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

"...The unique arrangement of large and small planetary bodies in the solar system may be required to ensure the 4+ billion year stability of the system. In addition, it is readily apparent from the cycle of ice ages that the earth is at the edge of the life zone for our star. Although the earth has one of the most stable orbits among all the planets discovered to date, its periodic oscillations, including changes in orbital eccentricity, axial tilt, and a 100,000-year periodic elongation of Earth's orbit, results in a near freeze over (Kerr, R. 1999. Why the Ice Ages Don't Keep Time. Science 285: 503-505, and Rial, J.A. 1999. Pacemaking the Ice Ages by Frequency Modulation of Earth's Orbital Eccentricity. Science 285: 564-568.). According to Dr. J. E. Chambers, simulations of planetary formation "yield Earth-like planets with large eccentricities (e ~ 0.15)," whereas the Earth has an e value of 0.03. He goes on to say, "Given that climate stability may depend appreciably on e, it could be no coincidence that we inhabit a planet with an unusually circular orbit." (Chambers, J. E. 1998. How Special is Earth's Orbit? American Astronomical Society, DPS meeting #30, #21.07) With this new information, it seems very unlikely that stable planetary systems, in which a small earth-like planet resides in the habitable zone, exist in any other galaxy in our universe. This does not even consider the other design parameters that are required for life to exist anywhere in the universe.

Axial tilt and eccentricity of orbitThe earth is titled on its axis at an angle of 23.5°. This is important, because it accounts for the seasons. Two factors impact the progression of seasons. The most important is the location of land masses on the earth. Nearly all of the continental land mass is located in the Northern Hemisphere. Since land has a higher capacity to absorb the Sun's energy, the earth is much warmer when the Northern Hemisphere is pointing towards the Sun. This happens to be the point at which the earth is farthest from the Sun (the aphelion of its orbit). If the opposite were true, the seasons on the earth would be much more severe (hotter summers and colder winters). For more information, see Aphelion Away! from the NASA website..."

www.godandscience.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

TD, if you are really seeking see:

www.amazon.com...

OT

I am having a conversation with you about a topic you presented and invited other to participate in.

When asked questions about your topic you consistently avoid answering and/or point people to other sources so other people can do your talking or thinking for you.

What's the point of starting a thread if you're just spamming for other websites and books you find intriguing?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm sorry friend....

I have alot to do on my end here. May we discuss in detail your specific questions later...not running...I just can't give you the needed attention...

I'm only checking in and out today....I hope you understand.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

With this new information, it seems very unlikely that stable planetary systems, in which a small earth-like planet resides in the habitable zone, exist in any other galaxy in our universe. This does not even consider the other design parameters that are required for life to exist anywhere in the universe.

Based on a computer simulation with limited parameters? Still though this is quite an assumption and fails to account for the possibility of non-carbon based life or other life forms developing in relation to the environment in which it finds itself. Simply put, it's an assumptive argument based on the findings of a blunt tool and an anthropocentric viewpoint, using a single planet as the only possible model in which life could form.

So, do you have any actual science from non-creationist or christian apologist websites?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'm sorry friend....

I have alot to do on my end here. May we discuss in detail your specific questions later...not running...I just can't give you the needed attention...

I'm only checking in and out today....I hope you understand.

Yet you have the time to run off to Amazon and christian apologist websites for cut & paste? Please, either address the questions directly or simply don't start threads designed to shill for your favorite books and websites.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I can see how this variability argument makes sense. It's a good solid argument. I found this video that explains how it works :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

the way I look at this...

there has been alot of evidence that there has in fact been alien life visiting our planet for a long long time

being this is a conspiracy site, most know the term TPTB, and that they have an agenda

what makes you think that there are not aliens that have the same mindset as our elite do, and that they also have some hidden agenda

with that in mind, it makes alot of sense that they are intentionally keeping their existance hidden, and are also generating disinformation abot their existance.

just my $0.02

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wowbagger
I can see how this variability argument makes sense. It's a good solid argument. I found this video that explains how it works :

www.youtube.com...

What the bull****ery is this?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

You got rick rolled.

It was a meant as a bit of light hearted humor. This thread is heavy with hate and anger it seems. Also, it's a statement on the stubborness of the OP about not explaining his argument yet holding on to it... Never Gonna Give You Up!

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Wowbagger]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
reply to post by OldThinker

the way I look at this...

there has been alot of evidence that there has in fact been alien life visiting our planet for a long long time

being this is a conspiracy site, most know the term TPTB, and that they have an agenda

what makes you think that there are not aliens that have the same mindset as our elite do, and that they also have some hidden agenda

with that in mind, it makes alot of sense that they are intentionally keeping their existance hidden, and are also generating disinformation abot their existance.

just my $0.02

There is no evidence whatsoever of aliens visiting our planet for a long time, let alone once. What does your comment here have anything to do with the topic?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wowbagger

That was good....

I'm not stubborn...really....I know this OP is a new concept.

I always wondersing how he was given such a DEEP voice? Oh heck, it must be GOD?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wowbagger
reply to post by Mythic Chris

You got rick rolled.

It was a meant as a bit of light hearted humor. This thread is heavy with hate and anger it seems. Also, it's a statement on the stubborness of the OP about not explaining his argument yet holding on to it... Never Gonna Give You Up!

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Wowbagger]

Ive seen funnier and better than that

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
There is no evidence whatsoever of aliens visiting our planet for a long time, let alone once. What does your comment here have anything to do with the topic?

seems to me that the OP is saying that earth is the only place with intelligent life in the universe, and thats what got me to comment

as far as no evidence of aliens having visisted this planet, that evidence is subjected to ones personal beliefs...

there is alot of history that can be interpreted as being evidence of aliens coming to earth... including alot of passages from the Bible.

but where I believe that life exists out there, I see it my way

someone that believes that we are the only life would not see it that way

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

as far as no evidence of aliens having visisted this planet, that evidence is subjected to ones personal beliefs...

there is alot of history that can be interpreted as being evidence of aliens coming to earth... including alot of passages from the Bible.

A subjective interpretation is not objective evidence.

Anyway, I'm guessing that your post was meant to counter the OPs argument by pointing out that other life forms allegedly have visited us, therefore his observation is false.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

in my opinion, any theological arguement is subjective interpretation...

if it wasn't, then there wouldn't be the splintered religions that we have, there would be just one religion that we all shared

and the theistic belief in one god is just as much opinion, as the belief in there being intelligent life elsewhere in the universe

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

in my opinion, any theological arguement is subjective interpretation...

if it wasn't, then there wouldn't be the splintered religions that we have, there would be just one religion that we all shared

and the theistic belief in one god is just as much opinion, as the belief in there being intelligent life elsewhere in the universe

I would have to agree 100%.

Both theological claims and claims of alien visitation both rely on subjective interpretation, belief and/or faith due to the apparent lack of objective evidence.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join