It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts Boo Obama Message

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

get those pics from jeremiah wright, so called church did ya

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

Actually, thats the Westboro Baptist Church in all it's glory.

I won't demonize the right by even saying that these freaks are right wing. They are just plain wingnuts.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I kind of figured as much about where they came from but wasn't sure.
I don't know if jw hates gays or just white Americans
and
kids holding hateful signs is something he would have no probs with

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

It's obvious neither of you actually saw him on the view as he was asked some actually pretty tough questions.

Uh, yeah. I don't watch The View.

To those who think this was staged: just use google. There are plenty of supporting articles.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a scout is to be courteous according to the oath.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Being as how I attended the last Jambo and know people who were at this one I will let you know that they were in fact booing.
Obama sent a taped message instead of showing up.

Obama is the first president not to give a speech at the National Jamboree, and for what a spot on The View. What a great president we have.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

You didn't attend the Reagan one then eh?

There are others too.

Being as you weren't there you can't say for a fact only from what your ill-minded friends have passed onto you.

That and this is a soundtrack from a film posted over some scouts actually there.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i'm not a huge fan of B.O.

but the boy scouts can piss right the hell off.

It's a corrupt, bigoted, POINTLESS organization, that is funded by OUR tax dollars.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I was talking the actual video and source material. I want reality not someones fantasy. I don't want a brettbart wannabe.

You mean the actual video of 23 unedited seconds of boy scouts booing the president which ends with someone yelling "I hope you're watching this!"?

Are you positing that this may be CGI or something?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

thats not true at all- 300 scouts passed out waiting for bush in the heat one year
and he never showed.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

not so true, Bush showed and had 100 people sitting behind him. It was a day later because they had to get all the scouts helped out to ensure no one got seriously hurt.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

So I guess my friends and dad lied to me, and the video was doctored to. No,it really did happen. If not I would love to know how you know this seeing as how you must have been there by your knowledge on this event.

As for the Reagan year wasn't there wouldn't know only keeping count of the ones I was around for.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh geez, this again?

When my son was at the jamboree and Bush kept the kids waiting for hours in the sweltering heat to the point that many had to be hospitalized and then canceled, did you see me posting that on ATS?
Point is a lot of people did make a big stink and blame Bush. That was pretty stupid too.

Heat Makes Hundreds of Jamboree Scouts Ill

Who knows what they were boo'ing or cheering. Random clumps of boo'ing and cheering break out at those things all the time...many times it's because of some local announcement by a troop leader, like, we're out of peanut butter.

Just another non-issue

[edit on 8/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Its the BOY SCOUTS people.

If i was Obama, i'd refuse to speak at their bigoted fund raiser as well.

The boy scouts discriminates, ridicules, race baits, and ruins people.

All at the expense of the tax payer.

And you praise them for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Hmmm ..questions

Did the Boy Scouts boo President Bush for appearing via video in 2001?

President Bush, a former Cub Scout, praised Scouting and its enduring values when he appeared by video to the 40,000 Scouts, volunteers, and leaders at the 15th National Scout Jamboree at Fort A.P. Hill, Va., in July 2001.

Or for not showing up as scheduled in 2005?

Obama may be doing the boy scouts a favor, however. In 2005, 300 boy scouts awaiting the arrival of President George W. Bush were treated for heat exhaustion; 40 were taken to local hospital. Bush ended up canceling that visit due to inclement weather but he did eventually speak before a crowd of 75,000 scouts and visitors several days later.

Here is another vid of the Jamboree and Obama's message.

A different perspective.

President Barack Obama is the Honory President of the Boy Scouts of America.

Scout Oath (or Promise)

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law

A Scout is
trustworthy,
loyal,
helpful,
friendly,
courteous,
kind,
obedient,
cheerful,
thrifty,
brave,
clean,
and reverent.

Honestly?...If this vid hasn't been doctored, then this is a symptom of the divisivness in this country. When the Boy Scouts of America disrespect the President of The United States...the disease and rhetoric have reached the children.

In the very worst of the Bush Administration years this would still be unacceptable and offensive.

What are we teaching our children and what does that mean for our future?...whatever side of the political fence you sit on.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
The Boy Scouts held their national jamboree, and invited Obama to attend. But typical of Obama, he stiffed them in favor of TV cameras.

He attended The View with Joyce and Whoopie. They are more his speed, anyway.

But the Scouts didn't appreciate the snub. They loudly booed his taped message to them.

I don't think I have ever seen the Scouts boo a POTUS before. This is definitely an achievement badge - Recognizing Corrupt Politicians.

The boyscouts sure have changed quite a bit since I was one. Back then we were taught to love and respect our President and Country.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Honestly?...If this vid hasn't been doctored, then this is a symptom of the divisivness in this country. When the Boy Scouts of America disrespect the President of The United States...the disease and rhetoric have reached the children.

Children aren't allowed to have feelings and express them? Perhaps they felt as if the president disrespected them and their feelings and actions were simply reciprocal.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor
reply to post by m0r1arty

So I guess my friends and dad lied to me, and the video was doctored to.

Yes. My nephew was at my house this weekend pointing at different stars in the sky. He was telling me that the ones that really twinkle a lot are space ships. He is 15 but he was dead serious. I asked where he got that idea from. He told me that his friends dad pointed them out when he was over there last weekend. I told him they were not spaceships and he got mad and yelled at me "My friends dad wouldn't lie to me!" Are you 15? Do think they are really spaceships? Want to hear a story my Grandfather told me about trapping Muskrats? Spoiler alert: He made stuff up often.

No,it really did happen. If not I would love to know how you know this seeing as how you must have been there by your knowledge on this event.

How do you know it did happen? I am not asking so much out of doubt of the event but your words are odd.

As for the Reagan year wasn't there wouldn't know only keeping count of the ones I was around for.

So it is ok to lie as long as it is within a certain range? You did say

Obama is the first president not to give a speech at the National Jamboree, and for what a spot on The View. What a great president we have.

Which is not true whether you are keeping count or not.

Being as how I attended the last Jambo and know people who were at this one I will let you know that they were in fact booing.
Obama sent a taped message instead of showing up.

How does being at the last one help you know what happened at this one?

This whole thing is so pointless. Everytime Obama does something Reagan did, he is called the first ever president to do it and it is leveled as a charge against him and yet Reagan is still such a hero? I was in the scouts and I do not see why they deserve to hear from the president anyway. Is the US having trouble stockpiling ice cube candles and coffee can egg cookers?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hamas infiltrate the Boy Scouts - good grief!
politicalbeachgirl.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Children aren't allowed to have feelings and express them?

Uhh sure. But if the Boy Scouts of America are encouraged to boo the President of The United States...then what are they being taught?

Would you permit/encourage your child to heckle a teacher in school?

Boo during a sermon in church?

Disrespect thier parents or grandparents?

The Cadets at Westpoint should only solute those officers they like?

Just expressing thier feelings...

Shouldn't we be teaching children that they are allowed to have feelings and opinions while still be respectful an honoring the office?

Because showing that respect, despite your personal opinions, says something about YOU and YOUR honor.

Or is the aim to raise a youth that does not understand how to respect others that they might not understabnd or agree with?

The reason this example is striking is because the core principles of the Boy Scouts are centered on showing respect and duty to country...not at the exclusion of free thought and expression, but in conjunction with it.

To me this is a finger of a cancerous tumor. People intentionally shouting down respectful dialouge, steering the nations discourse toward irrational rage and irrelevant talking points rather than rational debate and solutions.

Every facist regime, communist movement or dictatorship was cloaked in the rhetoric of passion and declared a "people's revolution" and steeped in emotion to the exclusion of any rational solutions.

We are able to have respectful disagreements and if we are teaching are children that respect is not neccessary...even for the President of the United States, then I say you are doing a horrible job teaching your children.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join