It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts Boo Obama Message

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yep, there's a fine line between knowing what to boo at and what to respect.

Sounds like there are some boy scout troops who are figuring out what side of the line to stand on.

Now, you'd figure some of these boy scouts will go on to become soldiers fighting for our country.

That's admirable of them. But don't get me wrong. Not everyone is meant to fire the big guns. It all can be a tough life fighting for your country.

IRAQ idiot
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I have seen numerous instances where Obama himself has ridiculed private citizens such as Joe the Plumber, various talk show hosts, and organizations such as Fox News. So I'd say the Scouts have a pretty poor role model in him.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

The reason this example is striking is because the core principles of the Boy Scouts are centered on showing respect and duty to country...not at the exclusion of free thought and expression, but in conjunction with it.

Are you sure? I mean they sure do not allow atheists or homosexuals into their little club despite the fact that they're partially funded off the public dole which is partly derived from both homosexuals and atheists. That certainly sounds like the exclusion of free thought and expression to me.

Bottom line: the president snubbed them and they expressed their discontent. This is not a case of the world going to hell in a handbag or a sign of a political ideology infecting our youth. This was a quite natural reaction that not even the atheist and homo-rejecting principles of the boy scouts could quell.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

I have seen numerous instances where Obama himself has ridiculed private citizens such as Joe the Plumber, various talk show hosts, and organizations such as Fox News. So I'd say the Scouts have a pretty poor role model in him.

If you are inferring Joe the Plumber, talk show hosts and Fox News should be afforded equal respect as the Office of The President Of the United States of America then you have serious issues....just saying.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

If you are inferring Joe the Plumber, talk show hosts and Fox News should be afforded equal respect as the Office of The President Of the United States of America then you have serious issues....just saying.

He's not the President of the United States, he's an illegal usurper and leader of a political party that sides with criminals, terrorists, and illegals aliens seizing American territory. When the "leader" of your country is your country's biggest enemy and leader of traitors who hate you and the country itself, that leader deserves to be booed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"If i was Obama, i'd refuse to speak at their bigoted fund raiser as well.

The boy scouts discriminates, ridicules, race baits, and ruins people.

All at the expense of the tax payer."

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian the Christian

Wow...you make the fringe far right sound like liberals.

A little frightening that folks like you exist.

What's to say...your rhetoric is delusional.

Stay safe...take your meds.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by textex
Yep, there's a fine line between knowing what to boo at and what to respect.

Sounds like there are some boy scout troops who are figuring out what side of the line to stand on.

Now, you'd figure some of these boy scouts will go on to become soldiers fighting for our country.

That's admirable of them. But don't get me wrong. Not everyone is meant to fire the big guns. It all can be a tough life fighting for your country.

IRAQ idiot
www.youtube.com...

You mean fighting for your countries Companies?

Fighting to maintain a steep proxy tax is a sad think to fight for...

Bring our troops home!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Its the BOY SCOUTS people.

If i was Obama, i'd refuse to speak at their bigoted fund raiser as well.

The boy scouts discriminates, ridicules, race baits, and ruins people.

All at the expense of the tax payer.

And you praise them for it.

What happened to you?

Did you show up at a Boy Scout meeting once thinking it was part of NAMBLA and they kicked YOU out?

"The boy scouts discriminates, ridicules, race baits, and ruins people."

I was in Cub Scouts (father was a Scoutmaster), Boy Scouts and Explorers and NEVER experienced ANY of what you said. Instead, I would call them some of the BEST experiences of my life.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Not to mention the police who arrested obama's buddy.

Note to maybereal11:

Your insults have to be getting close to T&C violations, if not actually over that line. If you are finding yourself too worked up over what in the end are just internet board posts, maybe you should consider taking a break - for your own health reasons ...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I started in the CubScouts. I earned every badge in that book. I went on every camping trip, never missed a meeting, slacked on nothing. I made it to Webelo and then someone found out I was not a Christian. I was asked not to come to any more meetings.

Nice bunch of folks.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The Office is seperate from the current occupant. He still needs to earn respect.

And since you are making this a class issue, please tell me just at what point does the common person deserve the same respect as those who own a title? Be very careful when you attempt to divide us with social stratification - it is eerily similar to racism.

Me, the one with issues?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by mishigas]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thank god for the next generation.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Not to mention the police who arrested obama's buddy.

Ah yes, Sgt. Crowley and the entire Cambridge, MA. police dept. Those who had "acted stupidly".
I'd forgotten about them, Not surprising, since there are so many instances of Obama's insults.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Be Prepared.......For Anything........

Banned Commercials - Airplane Accident
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The Office is seperate from the current occupant. He still needs to earn respect.

And since you are making this a class issue, please tell me just at what point does the common person deserve the same respect as those who own a title? Be very careful when you attempt to divide us with social stratification - it is eerily similar to racism.

Me, the one with issues?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by mishigas]

Strange that you would in the same post explain that the office is distinct from the individual and then claim they are one in the same.

I thought very little of President Bush, but always respected the Office.

Again if you feel that Fox News and Joe the plumber deserve the same respect as the President of The United States...That says alot about your views.

If you feel it's OK for children to boo a pastor during a sermon, heckle a teacher during class or disrespect thier parents, grandparents etc...If you feel that soldiers should only solute those officers they like...then yes, I think you have issues.

When Boy Scouts boo the President during an address they make a statement about themselves, not the President and the fact that there are presumably adults here that endorse that behavior makes me afraid for our future.

Note to centurian: Don't send me anymore notes. You have me confused with someone that cares about your opinions and dishonest partisan hackery. Or at the least U2 me where you won't waste thread space.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Since this thread has suddenly become about each other, instead of the issue...

It is now closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join