It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions,The new lottery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It seems to me that making a prediction and sharing it online is like playing the lottery,waiting for your numbers to come up.If i made a prediction about some global event and nailed it down to the day ,time and place and just by chance it happened when and where i said ,is there anything to gain like fame and fortune?
I am just trying to understand the reasons why so many predictions are made and if there is anything to gain from it.Because it does appear to be a game of chance and luck even if someone claims that their God showed them a sign.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
I am just trying to understand the reasons why so many predictions are made and if there is anything to gain from it.Because it does appear to be a game of chance and luck even if someone claims that their God showed them a sign.

Some people just like to sit back and laugh at their thread getting hundreds of replies from scared people with no ability to think with common sense

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

So in other words its ASD(attention seeking disorder),well maybe there are some some drugs that could help them ,Any doctors out there who can recommend some treatment?Perhaps a large hammer.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This is an epidemic in the modern society. When your parents won't give you the attention you need, you start to turn elsewhere to seek acceptance. Today we have so many people on this planet and rural societies are ceasing to exist, that one has to compete for the attention, thus driving one to do everything they can to gain it.

Attention seeking is always a sign of seeking acceptance and an attempt to getting notified, usually caused by parents who could not care less about their child.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I can think of a few reasons why people might do it.

For one, there's what was already said above, namely just doing it for kicks.
There's a lot of people that abuse the anonymity that the internet provides. Actually, I would say we ALL have done this at one point or another. This is just another means to gain entertainment.

Secondly, some people might actually do have some sort of information that they believe is correct. This could range from their own research they've done or having talked to someone else who was absolutely convinced of a particular prediction.

Thirdly and quite controvertially, it could be that they are recieving information from some sort of greater/different plane, i.e. aliens or spirits or through channeling or visions/dreams/whatever. Honestly, I don't know if any of this stuff is real because all my knowledge of these things are based on information recieved from others.

I like to believe I'm open minded and I can acknowledge the fact that we don't have the answers to the universe.

Whatever the reason, the fundamental fact remains is that there is no proof readers of most/all predictions can grab on to. We just have to wait and see if it turns to be correct and as such, my rule of thumb remains to stay skeptical but keep an eye on it.

I like reading predictions, even when they don't come true (like all of them it seems) but it opens my mind to possibilties and turns my gaze to events in the world I would otherwise ignore.

It's all about how you view predictions. If you're here to find concrete answers so you know how to live your life for the future, you'll be dissapointed.

All the best,
T

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The good ones know enough to be vague but to be vague in a way that seems specific. For example I could post:

When the moon is a sliver
and the date aligns to perfection
the interloper will arrive
to shake their inner halls

Dollars to doughnuts that eventually somebody would come along, connect a few unrelated dots, and *BAM* I'm suddenly the new Nostradamus.

It doesn't have to be a lottery draw at all. It can be pretty deliberately contrived and manipulated. The only luck involved is hoping that something happens somewhere that you can find the most tenuous of connections to and you're off!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I once remember a Kaiser Chief telling me that he once predicted a riot...

top topics

join