It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Gimme YOUR Eyes”… most will miss it! The difference between LIBERALS and the rest of us.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
(video 3:23, are you listening?)

I spent 3 full months debating how to convey this…

Edit to add: Video didn't post at first...Please Watch here:

www.youtube.com...

= = = = = = = =

(video 7:40, pardon the interruption)

Liberals look to EXPLOIT!!!!! SL? RA? JJ?

Most others look to FIX things….not look to GET fixed….

If you are open to learning see this: www.youtube.com...

15 minutes coverage verse 150 days of coverage???????

Whining in NO?

Hoping most will ignore in TN?

= = = = = =

WHY?

You think it’s a black vs. white thing? I reject you in the name of Jesus!!!!!!!!

This is not about COLOR, it’s about WHO wants to CONTROL you…

OT

PS: “let him (or her) who has ears HEAR”

[edit on 9-8-2010 by OldThinker]

[edit on 10-8-2010 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
One youtube poster said...

"

God bless the good people of Nashville. THIS story deserves a national piece on 60 Minutes or Oprah Winfrey. The incredible devastation and the fact that you've taken care of it on your own is a testament to the character of Music City. Keep on keeping on. My thoughts and prayers are with you."

Wonder why they are IGNORED?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You know that was an oddly inspiring Vid...
I'm partly descended from a disappeared people "Wendat" -"islanders", the canoe people of the inland water ways...
And I have played guitar and sang for a living at times...
Nashvillians music is the inspiration that a huge chunk of America looks up to for inspiration, and a alot of away music comes through the filter of, and the institutions of, and in Nashville Tennesee...
I can see why.

Tell you what...
Inspiration Is not what the PTB wants fo da Peeps deez dayz my man...
That's why the state of country Music is rather dismal these days.
IMHO
(there are the odd exceptions, but you gotta hunt them down they don't jump right up much anymore.)

But then, real folks don't need to be told something that
their grand parents, and their parents, and their children, already know....
Anyhow, thanks for that OT
It meant something to me.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
You know that was an oddly inspiring Vid...

.....Anyhow, thanks for that OT. It meant something to me.

DB, glad you noticed, I doubt many will? "get it", that is...

OT's spent quite a while researching this one...the difference between people...and more importantly the difference of THE NEWS COVERAGE....all should feel like PUPPETS!!!!

Wonder if they feel/see/know about the STRINGS?

OT

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well, I think you are way off the mark with this. Liberal is not a platform of wanton expenditure but exercises spending from a populace efficiency standpoint. It's intent, though it may fail is to create a lifestyle desired by a majority of people. Conservative on the other hand favors corporate heft and accounting. It is the age old argument of money verses compassion, pity, love.
It is good to be fiscally conservative but not when human life hangs in the balance. Deplorable conditions should be rectified. There should be some minimum standard of existence even for the totally destitute.
After that we work on lessening the incidence. Meanwhile it is our burden.
Solve the problem. Don't push it farther back.
Curious, liberals are guilty of hiding extra income, helping their husbands. Meanwhile men of the GOP are guilty of providing dominatrix sex club bash's, and soliciting sex from boys.

Of course I am a "dirty liberal" as I have been called here in a U2U so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Are you trying to compare the flooding in Nashville to Katrina? Because that would be like compairing apples to oranges. At least I think that is what the OP is trying to. To be honest that video combined with the OP posting is really very confused and slightly incoherent to be honest.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Double Post

[edit on 9-8-2010 by MrSpad]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
These kinds of threads always suck for me because my label fell when I was born, so I don't know who I am until someone reminds me. Usually here lately

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Nashville should've had more attention. I hope the Red Cross helped out. It seems odd that MSM just didn't care or were told not to care. During these times, we need all the music and dancing we can muster, like in the 'Grapes of Wrath'. I think were all gonna be harvesting some before long.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The very reason that this flood did not get coverage, was because the state took care of it, itself.

Every year rivers flood, EVERY year. Some years are worse than others. That is why states, communities HAVE to be self sufficient. We all know how the federal government is good for two things, sucking up money and war.

Was in one flood myself that almost swept me off the road. Got stuck in Quincy Illinois I think it was 93 or 94.

Of course we all remember the photo op ol Barry did in Quincy in 2008. I bet that was the first time he ever did ANYTHING that did not have ulterior motives, oh wait, wasn't he running for some position that year?

Anyway, I personally have gone twice to help other communities. Once a tornado struck town. Once to help sandbag, and amazing enough, I was not running for office that year!

S&F OP

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Well, I think you are way off the mark with this. ....

How?

Please elaborate...ok?

OT

PS: Did I write the word CONSERVATIVE?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Natural disasters seem to get slight exposure, while false flags get massive play...
Because unless something is like Rahm Emanuel said:
"never let a good crisis go to waste..."
If it doesn t suit the agenda of those that control the system then you get what they want. There is no "News" these days, there is only what they want to feed you.

Nashville like I said is to music almost what Hollyweird is to video.
Has anyone listened to American music these days?...
It is almost devoid of content.
It almost has no heart.
Has the heart of America recovered that soul, or did it drown?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
These kinds of threads always suck for me because my label fell when I was born, so I don't know who I am until someone reminds me. Usually here lately

Take the truth of the vids for what they are...no labels, ok?

OT

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I just am not even sure what you are ranting about.

Your post is hardly coherent.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Are you trying to compare the flooding in Nashville to Katrina? Because that would be like compairing apples to oranges. ....

MrSpad, thx for your sincerity...but ur mis-informed....by a Loooooong way friend....

However, a flood of much greater brutality has devastated another southern city as of late, and yet the media is curiously absent from covering this remorseless act of nature. Oddly, incidents of rioting, looting, murdering and congregating inside a sports arena are noticeably absent from the news emanating out of Nashville.

Instead, citizens working together for the common good of overcome nature’s tragic indifference are all that seems to be transpiring. No “We are the World” telethons are being conducted to raise needed funds to combat the emotionless water that rises in Nashville, flooding such landmarks as the Grand Ole Opry.

Black people in others city paying attention to the flood in Nashville can only look on with utter horror at the dignity and civility in which the citizens of that town go about helping one another out to battle the forces of nature, without demanding governmental aid. The home of country music, Toby Keith has yet to get on national TV and state that “Barack Obama doesn’t care about white people.”

Instead, citizens of Nashville fight the flood themselves and in the process illustrate that the thesis of the book Bowling Alone is grossly inaccurate. Whitopia’s still possess the ability to maintain a culture that breeds commonality and trust among their citizenry.

Indeed, it is times of trouble and anguish that neighbors showcase their true colors either pulling together to overcome obstacles that could endanger a fellow citizen or engaging in behavior more akin to anarchy. An odd correlation between the number of white people present in a city or country (think Chile) and the response to the natural disaster is appearing. Conversely, the amount of Black people and the exacerbation of a natural disaster only ensure the complete ruination of that city (New Orleans) or nation (Haiti).

In the case of the latter, millions upon millions of dollars will be collected through private philanthropy to help rebuild what was already broken – Haiti was a mess prior to the quake, New Orleans was the most dangerous city in America before 2005 and recently reclaimed that title though its Black population had been dispersed throughout the south – while Nashville will be left to rebuild by the citizens of that city alone.

One writer for Newsweek stated the flood in Nashville didn’t provide a strong enough “narrative” to warrant massive news coverage, despite writing that the flood could end up being one of the most expensive natural disasters in U.S. history a mere paragraph before:

As you may have heard, torrential downpours in the southeast flooded the Tennessee capital of Nashville over the weekend, lifting the Cumberland River 13 feet above flood stage, causing an estimated $1 billion in damage, and killing more than 30 people. It could wind up being one of the most expensive natural disasters in U.S. history.

Or, on second thought, maybe you didn’t hear. With two other “disasters” dominating the headlines—the Times Square bombing attempt and the Gulf oil spill—the national media seems to largely to have ignored the plight of Music City since the flood waters began inundating its streets on Sunday. A cursory Google News search shows 8,390 hits for “Times Square bomb” and 13,800 for “BP oil spill.” “Nashville flood,” on the other hand, returns only 2,430 results—many of them local. As Betsy Phillips of the Nashville Scene writes, “it was mind-boggling to flip by CNN, MSNBC, and FOX on Sunday afternoon and see not one station even occasionally bringing their viewers footage of the flood, news of our people dying.”

So why the cold shoulder? I see two main reasons. First, the modern media may be more multifarious than ever, but they’re also remarkably monomaniacal. In a climate where chatter is constant and ubiquitous, newsworthiness now seems to be determined less by what’s most important than by what all those other media outlets are talking about the most.

“If it wasn’t for individuals saying, ‘I’ll help,’ we’d be in a bad situation,” East Nashville Councilman Jamie Hollin said. “I’m not sure what government infrastructure support we’ve received, if any. The reason East Nashville has done so well is because of its volunteers stepping up to the plate and taking ownership of this situation.”

you are a puppet, and don't even know it....sad!!!!!

more: www.thepoliticalcesspool.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Are you trying to compare the flooding in Nashville to Katrina? ....

here's the rest...

"Indeed, it is times of trouble and anguish that neighbors showcase their true colors either pulling together to overcome obstacles that could endanger a fellow citizen or engaging in behavior more akin to anarchy. An odd correlation between the number of white people present in a city or country (think Chile) and the response to the natural disaster is appearing. Conversely, the amount of Black people and the exacerbation of a natural disaster only ensure the complete ruination of that city (New Orleans) or nation (Haiti).

In the case of the latter, millions upon millions of dollars will be collected through private philanthropy to help rebuild what was already broken – Haiti was a mess prior to the quake, New Orleans was the most dangerous city in America before 2005 and recently reclaimed that title though its Black population had been dispersed throughout the south – while Nashville will be left to rebuild by the citizens of that city alone.

One writer for Newsweek stated the flood in Nashville didn’t provide a strong enough “narrative” to warrant massive news coverage, despite writing that the flood could end up being one of the most expensive natural disasters in U.S. history a mere paragraph before:

As you may have heard, torrential downpours in the southeast flooded the Tennessee capital of Nashville over the weekend, lifting the Cumberland River 13 feet above flood stage, causing an estimated $1 billion in damage, and killing more than 30 people. It could wind up being one of the most expensive natural disasters in U.S. history.

Or, on second thought, maybe you didn’t hear. With two other “disasters” dominating the headlines—the Times Square bombing attempt and the Gulf oil spill—the national media seems to largely to have ignored the plight of Music City since the flood waters began inundating its streets on Sunday. A cursory Google News search shows 8,390 hits for “Times Square bomb” and 13,800 for “BP oil spill.” “Nashville flood,” on the other hand, returns only 2,430 results—many of them local. As Betsy Phillips of the Nashville Scene writes, “it was mind-boggling to flip by CNN, MSNBC, and FOX on Sunday afternoon and see not one station even occasionally bringing their viewers footage of the flood, news of our people dying.”

So why the cold shoulder? I see two main reasons. First, the modern media may be more multifarious than ever, but they’re also remarkably monomaniacal. In a climate where chatter is constant and ubiquitous, newsworthiness now seems to be determined less by what’s most important than by what all those other media outlets are talking about the most.

“If it wasn’t for individuals saying, ‘I’ll help,’ we’d be in a bad situation,” East Nashville Councilman Jamie Hollin said. “I’m not sure what government infrastructure support we’ve received, if any. The reason East Nashville has done so well is because of its volunteers stepping up to the plate and taking ownership of this situation.”
more: www.thepoliticalcesspool.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotredeemed
Nashville should've had more attention. ....

Mis read first time...

I agree...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Did it really take you three months to come up with this thread? That seems like an awful long time for the result.

And what is this part about the 3:23 mark? All I saw was a "Joe Knows Crab" restaurant. Is this a clue to the evils of liberalism? Crabs?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I just am not even sure what you are ranting about.

Your post is hardly coherent.

Thx, you didn't watch the vid's...great research ?

OT sad...because UR better than that....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Did it really take you three months to come up with this thread? That seems like an awful long time for the result.

And what is this part about the 3:23 mark? All I saw was a "Joe Knows Crab" restaurant. Is this a clue to the evils of liberalism? Crabs?

12GaugePermissionSlip, I'm sorry beautiful (avatar) did I ask you to "see"?

Or "listen"

OT

PS: 3 months? Yep, maybe I'm lil slow....let's put a few DECADES on the worldviews, you READY?

Check back in 2030 k?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by OldThinker]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join