It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wahabi Shriners

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hello all, I did a Google search on Wahibi Shriners and came up what I considered as short.

Can someone explain just what they are in terms of an organization. What do they do, what is the criteria for joining, etc.

Sorry, but I'm confused.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I know that you have to be a Master Mason first, other than that I am sure you have to petition them. I realy do not know becasue I am not one.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by birddawg
Hello all, I did a Google search on Wahibi Shriners and came up what I considered as short.

Can someone explain just what they are in terms of an organization. What do they do, what is the criteria for joining, etc.

Sorry, but I'm confused.

i think you need to have the looks bro

www.shrinetreasurers.org...

this is their official website i assume, you didn't use Google good enough or you just trolling around asking questions you already know

membership

MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS AND DUES Membership in the Association is limited to all regularly elected and accredited active Treasurers of all Shrine Temples of North America, as vouched for by the Imperial Recorder. In case of the retirement of any Treasurer who is a member of this Association, his membership shall advance to his successor upon proper certification by his Temple. Dues are due and payable at the beginning of each calendar year and cost only $150.00. Treasurers of other Shrine Associations may belong to STANA as an Associate member. The dues are $100.00 per year, and the member is entitled to all rights and privileges, except the right to hold office.

good luck buddy !

[edit on 9-8-2010 by aspx]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

No, I found the shriners.org site and I did not find what I thought was a good info. Not trolling here and I don't know the answers.

The links I found on Google related to Wahibism which from all indications has nothing to do with the shriners. Am I right?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The crescent moon and star is the symbol of Islam...

wikipedia.org/Wahhabi

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by birddawg

Shriners are pretty self explanatory. They are one of the largest charitable organizations in North America. I am one, and you should be too! We run 8 children's hospitals where state of the art care is provided for FREE!! Burn victims, spinal injuries and birth defects have all been researched and treated and millions of children are better off because of Shriners.

Wahabi is probably just a local Shrine Temple. Ours is called the Marzuq Shrine Temple. The Wahabi part is not important, there are hundreds of different Shrine Temples.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

maybe you can answer this question for me ? who do they wear the symbol of islam ? correct me if i am wrong but it sure looks like that to me ? enlighten me
many thanks

Nephi

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

I hope you're not suggesting something xenophobic about Islam - which may have been mistakenly suggested by myself. But I'm curious, I understand Masons come in all faiths (as long as it is monotheistic I believe). But yeah, I would be interested to learn more.

@getreadyalready - Whats the "Marzuq" thing about?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It is a star and a crescent. We also open the Quran on the altar along with the Bible and the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Masonry and Shriners are not religion specific. We do not allow atheists, but we don't care what the name of your God is.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

I hope you're not suggesting something xenophobic about Islam - which may have been mistakenly suggested by myself. But I'm curious, I understand Masons come in all faiths (as long as it is monotheistic I believe). But yeah, I would be interested to learn more.

@getreadyalready - Whats the "Marzuq" thing about?

You know what...sadly I don't even know what the Marzuq thing is about! I am sorry, and I feel terrible. My Blue Lodge (Masonic Lodge) is the Robert Butler Lodge. I can tell you all about Robert Butler, LOL!

Marzuq Shrine

Here is our local website.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The spark that ignited the start of what was later to become Marzuq Shrine Temple was delivered by Lewis B. Brantley, Potentate of Morocco Temple on April 4, 1985 at a Legistlative Masonic Breakfast to Joseph L. Gillespie, President of the Tallahassee Shrine Club. Illustrious Sir Lew said, "There ought to be a Temple here in Tallahassee Joe, and I'm going to discuss it with you right after this meeting".

Shortly after this meeting, work began to organize and start collecting signatures. In selecting a temple name, "Marzuq" was chosen because it's meaning fit Tallahassee perfectly, "a place in the hills". 724 signatures were submitted on the first deadline, April 1, 1986, far short of the required 1,000.

Found it!! And, may I say that Joe Gillespie is still an active member and a friend!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Thanks, is it a charitable organization only? I was not aware of the 8 hospitals ans burn centers it supports. More people need to get involved in charities. I commend you.
Are there any ties to Islam, based in Islam? Where did the crest come from?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

i see thank you kind sir , if i may ask you another question ? how man members are their within the prince hall ? and givin that albert pike created the uper degrees of freemasonary ,he also created the pretext order to the kkk,does this have any affect on the craft between members of the prince hall and other lodges that are white ? or do the same rules apply ,correct me if i am wrong but if i was a colord man i would have to join the prince hall right ?

i am a white man but i was just kind of intrested in this subject since my understanding of albert pike , please correct me once more if i am wrong

also pardon my spelling

thank you my good man

Nephi

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I thought shriners worshiped Lucifer.....

Lucifer is LIGHT.......?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Zaanny]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by birddawg

Yes it is tied in a way to Islam, although it is definitely not an Islamic organization. It is the Ancient Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine. AAONMS

We trace the roots and learning back to those Arabic Orders. It is entirely a charitable organization, and if you watch the History Channel specials about modern Masonry, they report that the Shriners are founded to change a waning perception of Masonry in the 19th century. After a couple of public murders and outcry over the secrecy of Masonry, some of the members set out to something charitable to create more positive press regarding the fraternity.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

good fellow ,forgive me if i come off as being rude ,but sir are you serious? i thoguth light was god? and darknes was lucifer ?

what ever the answer is ....i love you

now go research

XD

Nephi

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Albert Pike was considered an clandestine Mason, and he certainly does not represent most Masons. Prince Hall is also a clandestine branch of Masonry in my state (Florida), although it has become an accepted Lodge in many states, including Washington D.C. and Texas.

We certainly do not "worship" anything. And we do not discuss Lucifer, or any other particular God for that matter.

The vast majority of members are regular Christians. We do pray in Lodge, but we don't use any specific name, such as Jesus or Allah or Lucifer. We use monikers that apply to the craft, such as "Grand Architect of the Universe" when we refer to God.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Lucifer is a Latin word (from the words lucem ferre), literally meaning "light-bearer", which in that language is used as a name for the dawn appearance of the planet Venus, heralding daylight. Use of the word in this sense is uncommon in English, in which "Day Star" or "Morning Star" are more common expressions.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

can you give me an explaination on that video that zagamy posted ? that was very confusing ,was the old man saying that to be sarcastic ? it seemd that way to me .but i see the man beind the camra will put a spin on that ..but how do you feel about that video ?

sorry if i am asking you alot of questions ,but its not every day you get to speak to a travling man who has been to many places as your self

Nephi...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join