It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons Is Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I find this highly suspicious, in my opinion that's a serious cause for concern to those living around the Gulf of Mexico.

That man shed a lot of light on BP's fraud.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I started looking for info....and found something odd. There seems to be confusion on how he died....and I mean from the msm. Here are the different stories I have seen so far.

1. Heart attack

2.35 foot fall from a ladder

3.suicide

4. drowning

I have never seen that happen before. I mean they may not know precise cause of death, but they can get an idea by how his body was found. Was it found in the pool? Did he have a gun near him? Why all the confusion about how he died?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Yes, he wrote a book about the economics of oil. Bankers know about economics. Does that make him a geologist? Does that make him an export on oil production technology?

Yes, he was a lobbyist for energy companies.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Well here's another one for you, heart attack in a hot tub......

Simmons, 67, a former adviser to U.S. President George W. Bush, had a heart attack while in a hot tub, local media reported, citing the Knox County Sheriff's Office.
- Source

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I started looking for info....and found something odd. There seems to be confusion on how he died....and I mean from the msm. Here are the different stories I have seen so far.

1. Heart attack

3.suicide

4. drowning

I have never seen that happen before. I mean they may not know precise cause of death, but they can get an idea by how his body was found. Was it found in the pool? Did he have a gun near him? Why all the confusion about how he died?

The only report I have seen is that he had a heart attack. Care to link to all the other reports?

People have heart attacks...even well known people who write books. I honestly haven't followed this guys work...but people die...he was 67...nothing is really that suspicious.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As I stated in our arguement of Matt Simmons other thread: Just because he is not a geologist doesn't mean he doesn't have insider knowledge.

Matt worked closely with the industry for the past 40 years. He has numerous contacts and works closely with many people (including geologists) in the industry. Thus Matt is privy to confidential information not publicly known. He is an insider and could very well be a well-informed whistleblower.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Yes, he wrote a book about the economics of oil. Bankers know about economics. Does that make him a geologist? Does that make him an export on oil production technology?

Please save your breath....

You're right, nothing to see here kiddies...go back to the children's table and let the adults speak.

However, no matter how much you try to discredit the man, you can't deny that this man had become quite the thorn in BPs side.

To say that he was not an expert in "BIG OIL" is a downright lie. Remember, Karma is a bitch, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

1. Heart attack

3.suicide

4. drowning

The only report I have seen is that he had a heart attack. Care to link to all the other reports?

People have heart attacks...even well known people who write books. I honestly haven't followed this guys work...but people die...he was 67...nothing is really that suspicious.

Here is the local report which claims that he drowned.

Local News

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There are drugs that can be drank, smoked, or injected that will give indications of a heart failure, and or stroke or heart attack.

Depending how you want the subject "too go out as one might say" holding one's head under water is a thing of the past.

The drug(s)Can be detected by methods, however i thought he would die fishing, some times fact can mirror fiction, just not as clearly.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

www.ibtimes.com...

Ok, we have a report of drowning and one of heart attack. And I can see those two early reports...if you have a heart attack in a hot tub...what is it going to look like?

So what about the suicide and the fall from the ladder?

You guys are jumping to conclusions...he was 67, he doesn't look like he was the picture of health...heart attacks happen. I'm on ATS all the time...I'm not huge into the BP disaster, because it got silly and way overboard very early on (WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE)...but I have never heard of this guy...I don't think he was causing that much trouble for BP.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I wont speculate here but I would like to say that I saw him on MSNBC all the time. Whether he knew what he claimed to know or whether he really caused trouble, I cannot say. What I can say is that he had regular spots on television where he was regularly giving BP very very very very bad press. That is all I have to add.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That so many are willing to shrug it off as "another old man dying" is kind of creepy on a site that is supposed to question the "story as told".
FWIW I know personally of 4murders and a car bombing her in the PNW over a fridge full of breast milk headed to an independent lab to confirm forestry toxins contaminating the forest indwellers water and environment.
No link as these things are NOT covered here and any "Matt Simmons who raises a voice is first harrassed by HS and then either neutralized as a "soft kill" with night time over flights of direct spray until too sick to fight or Killed outright as over 1/3 of my former neighbors have been in the last ten yrs.
So yeah ya'll can doubt the reason behind this man's death as natural but isn't it the least bit strange the most noted critic has died NOW? Don't some of you look at the whole picture? Media balckout/brownout, obvious deception on the clean up, magical dissapearing oil, big questions remaining that we are even seeing the correct well on the live feeds,A large handfull of varying stories about the volume and scope of the gusher, and the guy with the most to say about it up and dies.
Granted the pic of him does not look like the picture of robust health and natural causes are likely, HOWEVER, taking it at face value is closing the book on another very real possibility. That he was whacked to shut his mouth.
As I said I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN when little people get too close to hurting a big corp.A mysterious fire the night before the samples were to ship and a family with four children is dead, the fire inspector investigating is dead at the scene inexplicably and the case closed. The person who coordinated the gathering of milk samples had their car bombed and is now in virtual hiding somewhere in the midwest.
Having had this happen in my life makes me say do not be quick to dismiss another scenario that is much darker than an old guy and a heart attack.

As for the info I gave, while it does deserve a post of it's own I am a "soft kill" from the area and fear that changing to a "hard kill" so only will obliquely talk about it.The guy who took my place as mouthpiece is dying right now of liver disease and never drank or drugged his whole life, He and I are on the F/U list for travel by air. IMO ANYONE bucking the system and getting somewhere is a target and their life is the whim of the PTB.
Bible calls them "powers and principalities" I just call them coporations.
Finally the cuop de grace I said I was "soft killed" for making big waves for the timber corps, right? within 3 months of pissing them off first my 21yr old had a "heart attack" and flatlined in front of me but was revived and has largely recovered. In 2 more weeks my 10 yr old son did the same. A week later I seized and had a heat attack at 42. So if I am a bit more suspicious about this you know why.
Any questions for more info about this U2U only, please.
I hope my example of crossing a big corp is helpfull and not a derail of this post
N.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

I wont speculate here but I would like to say that I saw him on MSNBC all the time. Whether he knew what he claimed to know or whether he really caused trouble, I cannot say. What I can say is that he had regular spots on television where he was regularly giving BP very very very very bad press. That is all I have to add.

If he had any potential to cause trouble he wouldn’t be on MSNBC or any other corporate controlled news outlet. BP, mainstream press and the federal government are the same entity.

Name one mainstream news outlet that has not been giving BP any “very very very very bad press.”

Name one alternative news outlet that has not been giving BP any “very very very very bad press.”

So if the result of his death gives him more credibility in the minds of the plebes who drink the Kool-Aid provided by MSM, then his death supports and enhances the fear mongering agenda. But in my mind, his death doesn’t give his word any more credibility.

Even if the MSM said they discovered that he had a private super sub that could evade US Navy Special Forces I still wouldn’t believe anything that comes out of that corporate soapbox.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This may have something to do with it:

Who will come forward with information now?

Matt Simmons: "Theres another leak, much bigger, 5 to 6 miles away"

Who knows any more...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Pentothal]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

That so many are willing to shrug it off as "another old man dying" is kind of creepy on a site that is supposed to question the "story as told".

I don't think we are always supposed to question the "story as told" on every little story that comes out.

When there is evidence of the story being told is not the entire truth...then yes...please question it.

To question everything without reason or evidence is insane.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I just got out of bed, turned on the telly and that was the first thing I heard, Matt Simmons dead. So I came directly here to get the scoop and whatduyaknow, noone really knows anything.

Rest in Peace Matt Simmons.
May God Bless You.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by N.of norml

I don't think we are always supposed to question the "story as told" on every little story that comes out.

When there is evidence of the story being told is not the entire truth...then yes...please question it.

To question everything without reason or evidence is insane.

Aside from your unflattering implication( which I will not grace a response), the statement "I don't think we are always supposed to question the "story as told" on every little story that comes out" is a bunch of crap. This is not "every little story" this is the death of probably one of BP's greatest detractors.
As for evidence of "the story being told is not the entire truth" what do you need? In this event we have been mislead and lied to repeatedly by nearly every mainstream source so far why not this too? It at least bears scrutiny by a community of skeptics, or perhaps skeptics and puppets,eh?
Or not, and we all can just let it slide by as coinky dink. I do think it rather frightening how deadly blowing the whistle actually is.I have been to the funerals of some who have and came close myself.
N.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

www.ibtimes.com...

Ok, we have a report of drowning and one of heart attack. And I can see those two early reports...if you have a heart attack in a hot tub...what is it going to look like?

So what about the suicide and the fall from the ladder?

You guys are jumping to conclusions...he was 67, he doesn't look like he was the picture of health...heart attacks happen. I'm on ATS all the time...I'm not huge into the BP disaster, because it got silly and way overboard very early on (WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE)...but I have never heard of this guy...I don't think he was causing that much trouble for BP.

Sorry I was in a rush and didn't have time to find all of them....but I saw it. Not saying it was true, just that I saw it. I am not into the doomsday stuff either. I assure you this is not "silly" to those of us living near the coast.....we are going to be dealing with it for a long time to come. Matt Simmons was exposing BP and their unsafe practices....I agree he was of the age to have had a heart attack... if you do some research on what he has been doing regarding BP.....it really makes you pause...why at this particular time? I am no alarmist, and at first I thought all this "BP is evil" stuff was stupid......until BP themselves started doing things to make me believe it. I think they would do anything to cover their asses because if people knew the truth about their safety shortcuts and disregard for safety measures (which caused all this) their company would be FINISHED. It is PROBABLE that he died of natural causes....but it could be POSSIBLE he had a little help. Stranger things have happened....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
phage is paid to post in this board hahahahah come on, 10020496 posts a day

who knows if this guy really was murdered or not

the reality is that you can discredit either theory and to say "nothing to see here" its just delusional or a hater thing

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join