It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons Is Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
By now you have probably heard the rumors. If not, here it is for you.

Matt Simmons, prominent advocate of peak oil, writer, energy expert, BP opponent and suspected Gulf Oil Spill whistle blower is now dead.

www.pressherald.com...

www.kjonline.com...

Wikipedia has been updated:

en.wikipedia.org...

A blog I found:

blogs.chron.com...

He drowned in his own pool. Ironic? Yes. Suspicious? Highly.

I never gave much credence to the the conspiracy theories regarding the GoM Oil Spill, but I think this is proper cause for concern. It definitely makes all those claims a little more credible.

What say you?

TO get you a little up to date if you are not familiar with this man:

money.cnn.com...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by SubPop79]

+29 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Any shill that comes in this thread and says this isn't suspicious should either have their head examined or is a paid informant. PERIOD!

There are no such things as coincidences....If this doesn't concern you then I frankly don't know what will.

Hamburgers? Hot dogs with chili? Chili cheese fries and a chocolate shake?

CIA? MI5/6? The Russians?

Hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream?

CIA induced heart attack while swimming?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Here is the proper article:

Portland Press Herald

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
Here is the proper article:

Portland Press Herald

Thank you, sir. If you don't mind, I'm going to add that to my original post for the sake of attention spans and for those that will just glimpse over all this.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Trying to deflect attention with name calling?

Sometimes people on ATS amaze me with their closemindedness.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Not only did he talk about peak oil, but he also exposed some of the corruption involving BP. You get involved with too much truth, and the boogie man will hunt you down!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

Blah blah blah blah.........if the shoe fits wear it kid. What this isn't suspicious? Yeah and I got some beautiful beach front property to sell you in Louisiana.

Better hurry, Fox N Friends is on.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Proper cause for concern indeed.

Here we have the most publicly notable opponent of BP's transactions regarding Deepwater Horizon - Wasn't he even the one that claimed there was a MUCH larger spill going unreported.

I'll certainly be watching this story. And no, I had no yet heard the news, many thanks for the OP.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

Originally posted by Happyfeet

Blah blah blah blah.........if the shoe fits wear it kid. What this isn't suspicious? Yeah and I got some beautiful beach front property to sell you in Louisiana.

Better hurry, Fox N Friends is on.

Can we stop here so the thread doesn't go further south than the Gulf of Mexico? Please?

JAK
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The off topic bickering stops NOW.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I am STUNNED! It's just too much......it is like something from a movie! Someone whacked him.....he talked too much and they put a stop to it. Don't know who "they" are, but I bet it was no accident. If it was, it's a bizarre coincidence.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
An investment banker who yammered about geology and oil drilling technology (and a lot of other stuff he knew nothing about) had a heart attack.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I'm stunned too! I've tried to post a reply several times, but feel I'm at a loss of words. You are right, it is like something from a movie.

Hardly any of the main stream media is mentioning his ties to the BP cover up. I know famous people have pre-written obits, but you would think that could at least acknowledge it.

So sad.

+47 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Matt Simmons has been involved in the oil industry for 40 years. He is also a standing member of the Natural Petroleum Council.. We can rest assured his knowledge of such is much greater than mine or yours.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

It's just too much! I mean I am just at a loss for words. As soon as I heard it, I felt like I got punched in the stomach......damn!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Whilst it does appear to be suspicious one has to entertain the idea that it's also possible for someone of his age to die of natural causes (ie heart attack)

To swing either side so soon on the release of the news of his death is just silly without knowing proper details

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
An investment banker who yammered about geology and oil drilling technology (and a lot of other stuff he knew nothing about) had a heart attack.

Interesting...why do you say that?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by SubPop79]

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I guess you decided to conveniently leave out just a wee bit of his resume.

Matthew Simmons is the founder and Chairman of the Board of the Ocean Energy Institute.

He was past Chairman of the National Ocean Industries Association, and served as energy adviser to President George W. Bush, among others.

Simmons is author of the book Twilight in the Desert: The Coming Saudi Oil Shock and the World Economy, which examines oil reserve decline rates to help raise awareness of the unreliability of Middle East oil reserves.

DISGUSTING! Disinfo at its finest.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Whilst it does appear to be suspicious one has to entertain the idea that it's also possible for someone of his age to die of natural causes (ie heart attack)

To swing either side so soon on the release of the news of his death is just silly without knowing proper details

True...I'm not one to jump to conclusions, well at least I try to not stay on just one...but considering what you said about his age, that WOULD be a good cover.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join