It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons Is Dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
An investment banker who yammered about geology and oil drilling technology (and a lot of other stuff he knew nothing about) had a heart attack.

his investments banks dealt heavily in the energy industry.

speaking of people yammering about things they have no idea about....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
Any shill that comes in this thread and says this isn't suspicious should either have their head examined or is a paid informant. PERIOD!

There are no such things as coincidences....If this doesn't concern you then I frankly don't know what will.

Hamburgers? Hot dogs with chili? Chili cheese fries and a chocolate shake?

CIA? MI5/6? The Russians?

Hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream?

CIA induced heart attack while swimming?

en.wikipedia.org...

Use directional antenna with radio/microwaves which disable the sinoatrial node in the brain and you induce heart failure which appears to be of natural causes.

I've heard rumors that this technology already exists and that groups like SAD/CIA already use these.

An 0326 BRC instructor who was from 3rd Force back in the day told me about this as well (heard about it twice in my life once from an unrelated civilian and from that instructor) but said that it carried definite risk to the person using it as it could kill them as well.

Whether or not it really exists I don't know.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sounds like they (BP) sent Nicholas Cages' character from Bangkok Dangerous after him. It's a real shame that this had to happen, it makes it highly suspicious though with the timing and all. IMHO this was for sure a hit, 100%

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 54v!0r531f

Actually, his investment bank deals pretty much exclusively with energy capital. So what?

I thought bankers were evil. What does that make an energy banker? A hero?

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
An investment banker who yammered about geology and oil drilling technology (and a lot of other stuff he knew nothing about) had a heart attack.

yea.. their office and the police so far.. however..

An autopsy is planned for today in Augusta, according to the Knox County Sheriff's Office.

so .. I'm not jumping to conclusions yet....and even if the coroner did do an autopsy and concluded it was an HA, ...........hard to say it was or wasn't cuz' I'm not the expert; coroner's can be bought off just like anyone else .. it's just a matter of $$$,$$$ or time or death threats till they break..

but it is still very suspicious

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
If he had any potential to cause trouble he wouldn’t be on MSNBC or any other corporate controlled news outlet. BP, mainstream press and the federal government are the same entity.

What?

I really do not understand what you are saying.

I watched him repeatedly giving BP bad press. Bad press is bad press.

Name one mainstream news outlet that has not been giving BP any “very very very very bad press.”

How would that negate what I said?

Name one alternative news outlet that has not been giving BP any “very very very very bad press.”

Again, how does that negate what I said?

So if the result of his death gives him more credibility in the minds of the plebes who drink the Kool-Aid provided by MSM, then his death supports and enhances the fear mongering agenda. But in my mind, his death doesn’t give his word any more credibility.

Even if the MSM said they discovered that he had a private super sub that could evade US Navy Special Forces I still wouldn’t believe anything that comes out of that corporate soapbox.

Ah, I see. You are looking for an argument I was not having. I see plenty of other posters in this thread that want to play with you. Go bug them with this crap.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
IMHO, this is just too nice and neat, to have the one credible voice of opposition silenced in the Gulf catastrophy. I fear everything he said and asserted is going to be proven true and what is happening is beyond most people's comprehension. Truth-tellers beware, M./ Simmons, Rest in Peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Oil Disaster Mysteries
Solved - Simmons Right - Vid
8-6-10
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

www.rense.com...

I don't know if all 4 videos have been posted together befor but if not here they are....

and this too: From Rense home page

was Matt Simmons removed because of this?

kingworldnews.com...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is like Painting a Target on yourself and saying Shoot here for Conspiracy theories!

BP all those guys are not going to be able to cover this up it's to obvious. The probability that he would have a heart attack and drown in his Hot Tub is to small. Oh sure they will have some guy talk about how hot water does this and this can happen, but sooner or later there will be a full investigation and the truth will come to light.

Come on Wiki Leaks!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
There are no such things as coincidences...

I respect your opinion but this sounds straight out of some science fiction conspiracy theory show.

but yes, this death is weird.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'd say 67 is a pretty good run. Too much longer and he might have to worry about adult diapers.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Some of these theories about his death are so embarassing.

I just searched ont he web: 'hot tub heart attack". I read that people with heart problems or high blood pressure should use caution when using a hot tub.

Sure I don't have his medical records on hand, but I tend to lean in the direction that it was just a unfortunate accidental death.

Rest in Peace
Matt Simmons

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If I didn't know who this man was and someone told me that he had died of a heart attack in a hot tub, I wouldn't bat an eye.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebb4c98feaac.jpg[/atsimg]

That doesnt mean he wasn't knocked off but, with due respect to Mr. Simmons, he doesn't look to be in the best of shape, at least when this picture was taken. My two cents worth.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just because I expect horses when a stampede is heard, does not mean it cannot be zebras.

ATS is weird. A story that absolutely reeks of conspiracy gets a mild ho-hum from a conspiracy theory website, yet, stories that don't even hint at conspiracy (I'm looking at you Chinese lanterns) stirs up an inordinate conspiracy hornet's nest.

Very bizarre. This story should get the "conspiracy attention" the other non-conspiracy threads get. Just an observation, is all.

Back to topic though, I didn't realize it was THE Simmons guy who was howling about the other leak from the get-go in that video another poster put up in this thread.

How can this NOT STINK of conspiracy? Yeah, Douglas Adams keeled over from a heart attack while exercising, so YES, these things DO tend to happen from time to time. But THIS? THIS particular Simmons?

It's one thing to open your mind so much your brain falls out. It's another thing entirely to keep it cooped up shackled in the basement.

Probability indicates that stampede you hear IS GOING TO BE zebras at some point in time. I think this just might be such an occasion.

I subscribe to Hanlon's Razor wholeheartedly, but I think this is a circumstance where foul play must be assumed until natural causes can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt -- from independent sources.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Bad form Phage, you're deflecting. Doesn't matter if Simmons was a banker, doesn't matter if he was evil. Simmons was an oil industry insider, that may have possibly been aware of malicious intent on BP's behalf. Not saying he did, he could have been trying to push cap and trade too... That doesn't negate the fact that was an insider, and was claiming to blow the whistle.

In the middle of the Oil Crisis, this man was the single most notable opponent to BP's crisis operations. Yes he was an old fart, and yes he doesn't look very healthy. However, the timing is highly suspicious and deserves our attention.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

The same could be said about any "highly placed" person who ever died of any natural cause (artificially induced or otherwise).

My actual point is that Simmons didn't blow the whistle on anything. He spouted speculation based on nothing, none of which has shown to be factual.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The quote being used in AP articles:

"An autopsy by the state medical examiner's office concluded Monday that he died from accidental drowning with heart disease as a contributing factor."

Tried to find other instances of suspicious deaths related to high-profile politicos, whistleblowers, or otherwise "troublemakers" related to drowning/hot tub deaths and found that hot tubs tend to carry a high risk of health issues for those with heart problems; see "Clinical study: Deaths in the Turkish Haman (hot baths)"

That, and Simmons looked terrible in his last video, his heart condition was noticeable.

This is a sad loss, we need people like Simmons to hold companies like BP accountable.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
As a poster above pointed out, the autopsy hasn't even been conducted yet (at the time of this post.) As a skeptic, I cannot assert the cause of death (even a natural cause of death) or whether or not there was foul play, because we don't know yet. I think sometimes people forget that skepticism also means refraining from making assertions contrary to other as yet unsupported claims if they themselves lack proof for those contrary assertions.

Maybe he died of a heart attack. Maybe he fell and hit his head and lost consciousness. Maybe he was killed. We don't know. There isn't any proof that he was killed either, mind you, but nevertheless, "I don't know" is all an honest skeptic can say at this point. And I say that with uttmost respect for everyone who has posted in this thread, both those who find this suspicious and those who have dismissed any suspicion as irrational.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Heart Attack it is said, is a euphamism for Arkenside.
Arkenside makes a nice distraction.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The Oil companies kill all that won't accept bribes or buyouts. Alternative energy researchers know this well. Whistle blowers are now in their sights. This death does BP more damage in that Mr Simmons theories are given more credibility by virtue of his premature death.

I say premature because he was a wealthy man. Wealth and longer than average life spans go hand in hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join