It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons Is Dead

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

To which I reply - That is your opinion. According to Simmons, his claims were upon the pretense of his immense connections as an oil industry insider. According to him, his claims were not speculation. I'd define them more as conjecture, but according to him they were fact.

So while, he was certainly outspoken and his claims seem far-fetched, this was a man with considerable ability to obtain confidential knowledge of suspect activity within the oil industry, hence this man was by definition an insider -- And perhaps, his claims contain some merit -- Certainly much more than the numerous posters on ATS that will speculate about the oil crisis and BP's operations concerning.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I can imagine some cheney type now -"make it look like an accident"..
looks like they pulled it off.
and letting the rumors fly assists them also-
sends a message to any other smart guys snooping around..
lets see- the wackenhut thugs took out karen silkwood.
the companies a big player in us private prisons, sold to a euro corp.
sheriffs deputies murdered william cooper, author of behold a pale horse.
investigating can be" bad for your health."
sorry to hear this.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
he did look like c?@p, but I thought to myself after hearing many of his claims about the oil spill, " I wonder if this guy is going to end up dead soon". low and behold, he is dead. coincindence? maybe. He had already spilled news about the oil spill being a coverup, so what does killing him gain? any thoughts?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by iamfascinated]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamfascinated
he did look like c?@p, but I thought to myself after hearing many of his claims about the oil spill, " I wonder if this guy is going to end up dead soon". low and behold, he is dead. coincindence? maybe. He had already spilled news about the oil spill being a coverup, so what does killing him gain? any thoughts?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by iamfascinated]

I'd say 'killing him' give more credence to his theories than anything else.

He has made so many false statements in the past, it's hard to believe the nebulous "PTB' would care if he was making them. IMO, he was serving 'their' interests by making so many comically inaccurate statements as to add to the din of static that makes it harder to discern fact from fiction.

But now he will be a martyr in MANY people's minds, and his often untrue pronouncements will be treated as gospel. and any who disagree will be roundly attacked as 'shills' for not toeing the line.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i don't know if he was murdered but i know how to find out. discover who did the autopsy and find out how long it takes for that person to either 1) die unexpectedly or 2) come into a lot of money and take up golf and drinking mai tais til all the way to the bank or 3) barring the first two, personally interview the technician and use voice stress analysis.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I wonder if his death has anything to do with the last story Matt Simmons was pushing?

The basics of what he was contending since july is that BP has not actually capped the well that exploded but rather a secondary well that BP gave up on months ago.

Here is an article convering the "theory".
Land Surveyor Proves Simmons Right: TV well sham.

This site has screen shots showing the BP rov's a great distance from the exploded wellhead, along with instructions on how to check their location yourself. Scroll a bit down the page to have a look see.
What Really Happened

You can have a look at all the ships in the area yourself at Marine Traffic.

The location of the BP wells:

WELL #A (The failed well)
Latitude 28.738132500000003
Longitude -88.36592777777777

WELL #B (This is where the rig exploded)
Latitude 28.73778527777778
Longitude -88.36682805555554

You guys think this story might be connected to Simmons death?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
one thing about this website and i've been a lurker for three years is the fact that most people here seem to just speculate when they could easily investigate.....im guilty of that as well, but with the right team i bet we could uncover some interesting conspiracies...well maybe when i win the lotto i can take some time off and see what kind of trouble i could stir up...lol

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Out of curiosity, and im playing devils advocate here, why is it not possible this could happen? To those who are saying it was murder, can you back this claim up with facts?

Just curious how people come to conclusions.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
WOW. This thread REALLY took off! This is my first front page thread...oh god...I'm promised myself I wouldn't cry...

After thinking about this for a bit, I have come to the conclusion that it is entirely possible for corporations like BP to either adopt Mob like standards of dealing with opponents, or actually to be run by the mob, or another group with mob like standards.

Still, wow, thread really took on a life of it's own.

But I would like to see more conversation...anyone got any bright, unconventional ideas? This whole "he was old" vs "he was murdered," while the main point of the thread, is getting a bit stale. Lets push the envelope here.

Anyone got any info on crime syndicates and corporations? BP is pretty much running the show, according to the law, which means that BP has near complete jurisdiction.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hi Sub. I've been out all day, and just logged on. WoW ! Kinda sounds Clinton-ish. I just read the news, and some other stuff that has been going on since back in '79. Well, it's obviously time for some new government. I gotta go now, but keep on posting so I may stay abreast of the situation. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Do you want some fries to go with your oil mate?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i know some of you will scoff at this, but i worked in a pharmacy for many, many years and after awhile you almost get a sixth sense as to who is going to die next.

and looking at just the picture, i get the feeling that man still had a couple years in him. He wasnt ready to go. He was forced to take an early exit. Just my gut instinct. Wish i had the resources to truly investigate...Like i said in my earlier post...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i know some of you will scoff at this, but i worked in a pharmacy for many, many years and after awhile you almost get a sixth sense as to who is going to die next.

and looking at just the picture, i get the feeling that man still had a couple years in him. He wasnt ready to go. He was forced to take an early exit. Just my gut instinct. Wish i had the resources to truly investigate...Like i said in my earlier post...

*edit* offtopic, but would be interesting to see if healthcare workers are naturally more intuitive with untapped pyschic abilities... if they are exposed to seeing people die more than other avocations??? hmmmm.....

[edit on 9-8-2010 by winsomereprisal]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Can't get the facts just yet, but will post them asap. Boo !

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oil companies are serious business. One of the biggest money makers in the world. You mess with money and you mess with pure evil, because the root of all evil is the love of money. And the ones who love money are involved in oil.

67 is old, yes, but he infuriated pure evil. So was it old age or evil that killed him?

I know what I think.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well, so far the facts are that someone died from what appears to be an accident.
Not saying that there is no conspiracy here, but I think the topic should be -is- there a conspiracy verses there is no doubt...

sometimes people do simply die...until there is alot more info, then really thats all we know...

To put it into perspective...
The day say...Bob Dean, or Greer dies, the ufo community will say they were murdered finally...no matter what the circumstances...simple circle of life or not.

The only thing different about that senario and this senario is the timing...but really, its sort of pointless to kill someone -after- they spilled the beans...before, sure...stops information, but after only really happens in 2 bit mafia movies.

So, until there is a bit more of...something...then I am willing to simply accept the dude died. Hopefully it was peaceful

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
Oil companies are serious business. One of the biggest money makers in the world. You mess with money and you mess with pure evil, because the root of all evil is the love of money. And the ones who love money are involved in oil.

67 is old, yes, but he infuriated pure evil. So was it old age or evil that killed him?

I know what I think.

Hmmm....provocative...

Also everyone let's not rule out the possibilities that this man knew he did not have long to live, so he started telling the truth. He could still have told the truth and died from the drowning/heart attack.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, so far the facts are that someone died from what appears to be an accident.
Not saying that there is no conspiracy here, but I think the topic should be -is- there a conspiracy verses there is no doubt...

sometimes people do simply die...until there is alot more info, then really thats all we know...

To put it into perspective...
The day say...Bob Dean, or Greer dies, the ufo community will say they were murdered finally...no matter what the circumstances...simple circle of life or not.

The only thing different about that senario and this senario is the timing...but really, its sort of pointless to kill someone -after- they spilled the beans...before, sure...stops information, but after only really happens in 2 bit mafia movies.

So, until there is a bit more of...something...then I am willing to simply accept the dude died. Hopefully it was peaceful

The thing about Greer is that he has been around for a long time and only until recently has his credibility gone to #. I still like the idea of the Disclosure Project, but I can no longer take any of that anywhere near as serious as I used to because of their alien photo they said they took during a CSETI conference. I am not kidding when I say I could show that to a kid with Downs Syndrome and even they wouldn't take it seriously.

Matt Simmons only started making these claims in the last few months, and never even reached the notoriety of those men.

Don't take the harsh language personally. It's not you, it's them.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

There aren't many people saying this was murder... I think most people's sentiment is that without an impartial autopsy, there can be not facts or sources claimed - indicating either natural causes or otherwise.

I think the point most are making, well at least the point I was making, is that here we have a very high-profile opponent against BP - He even goes so far as to implicate BP in a conspiracy, alleging they were hiding the true leak. Those are some far-fetched claims indeed, but this was not a far-fetched man..

Matt Simmons was a standing member of the National Petroleum Council and the Council on Foreign Relations - He was credible and was making some very damning claims against BP.

If Matt Simmons were to die at any time, this particular time would seem to be the most peculiar time for him to do so... So of course, there are going to be questions asked and interests piqued.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Maybe he had more beans to spill, so-to-speak?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join