It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran launches four home-made submarines

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You know....

That's crazy enough to possibly be true.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
just thought I'd share

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by Danbones

what happend to the good old hampster and the running wheel?
they generate alot of power and do it much better

The squeeking wheels are now detectible by satallite and bunnies are edible in case of shipwreck.

PS gotta get some press tv it looks alot more fun than CNN

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well those vids certainly rest any concern I may have had about Iran being of a destructive capability'
'
I can understand why we shouldn't allow there children to have dangerous toys.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
actually there probably would have been
5 mini-subs launched, however, the 5th
one got crushed when it collided with
that japanese oil tanker last week
while it was being tested.
Now, it's at the bottom of the strait.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

Yeah, because we all know submarines ride above the surface of the ocean (where the large dent on the oil tanker is) and explode when they collide with other ships (the tanker was hit by an explosion).

Those other people on here trying to put 2 and 2 together by saying Iran was testing these subs out by using them to attack the tanker clearly are missing some brain cells. Why would Iran, a country which only needs one strike against them to be invaded and pillaged, attack a civilian oil tanker?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Home-made subs huh? I guess we will have more things to sink.
2nd line.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

1.) The damage you see in the pics were below the water lime. The oil was off-loaded Acer the fact, so the tanker would float higher. This would give investigators a better look at the damage.

2.) No one is saying they did it on purpose. If it happened, it was an accident. Iran would not admit to it because everyone would claim it was done on purpose, and start a war with them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

1.) The damage you see in the pics were below the water lime. The oil was off-loaded Acer the fact, so the tanker would float higher. This would give investigators a better look at the damage.

2.) No one is saying they did it on purpose. If it happened, it was an accident. Iran would not admit to it because everyone would claim it was done on purpose, and start a war with them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Alright, I'll accept your first point since it makes sense... but I disagree with the second. I don't understand how crew on the ship could witness a "flash on the horizon" followed by an "explosion" as a collision with a small Iranian submarine.

Why do people link stories of new weapon deployments with relatively current events? Do people even stop to consider that, out of all of the civilian, military and clandestine operations in the area, that we only have access to not even half of the information of what really could've happened there.

I mean, gee by this logic why don't we all just say that it was a North Korean human torpedo that hit this Japanese tanker, trying to intimidate Japan and frame Iran. That sounds sensational enough that it must be true.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The Iranians also have several Russian Kilo Class boats, and have had for quite a long time. The Iranian diesel/battery subs probably owe a lot to the very successful Russian Kilo Class design.

These small very quiet diesel/electric boats are perfect for in shore defense, surveillance, commando operations, mine laying, intelligence gathering, and similar roles.

They make perfect sense for a small nation looking at a defensive regional role, and many countries such as Australia have also decided to go with smaller diesel/electric boats.

Just because these boats are small does not mean the electronics, technology, or weaponry are deficient either...

The very large and powerful nuclear boats the US has, are at a severe disadvantage in very shallow "continental shelf" water, and much better suited to deep water ocean warfare on a global scale.

The US is all about threatening other nations, and starting wars.

For that you need a powerful navy with long range and high speed capability.
Defense capability for peaceful nations in a local region is totally different.

In war games, these small quiet "bunny boats" have sure made the US carrier battle fleets look extremely vulnerable. And they have done that now, time and time again in war games against many different nations

In close contact underwater warfare it is not how many nuclear reactors or missiles you have, or how large the crew, or how large a range, or your maximum crush depth, or even maximum submerged top speed.
Big fast and powerful is not an advantage.

But being able to get in REAL CLOSE, completely undetected, and then push the button is..................

For that, small, quiet and sneaky wins every time.

[edit on 10/8/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I take exception to the phrase "home made", already we got the rednecks here assuming it's like that sub their half brother built in his garage.

To those who think this is just more target practice, if Iran was a walkover, why has the US not attacked yet? We all know they want to ... ?

Think about it

I'd love one of those to live in though
no taxman can find you!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Any nation that can build itself a decent submarine deserves some respect.
This is high engineering and technology at it's very best.
And the Iranians have certainly done it, and done it well.

They also now have four of those Russian S-300 missile systems that everyone is so afraid of.
If you understand why this system so terrifies the Israelis, Americans and other terrorist nations, you need to understand electronic warfare, and countermeasures, and why the S-300 is a slam dunk against any air attack.

The Iranians will study it, and copy it and probably build a hundred more.

As it is a purely DEFENSIVE weapon against air attack, nobody can possibly object to it's deployment, except the terrorist nations.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Any nation that can build itself a decent submarine deserves some respect.
This is high engineering and technology at it's very best.
And the Iranians have certainly done it, and done it well.

Yeah, like the US, a country that's been building subs since the Civil War.

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
They also now have four of those Russian S-300 missile systems that everyone is so afraid of.
If you understand why this system so terrifies the Israelis, Americans and other terrorist nations, you need to understand electronic warfare, and countermeasures, and why the S-300 is a slam dunk against any air attack.

The Iranians will study it, and copy it and probably build a hundred more.

As it is a purely DEFENSIVE weapon against air attack, nobody can possibly object to it's deployment, except the terrorist nations.

"terrorist nations". You crack me up.

And do you think that the US has just been sitting on our collective asses, thinking, "Oh, my, the S-300!! Jeebus, we can't win against that!"

Trust me, countermeasures are being developed and probably in place right now.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I like where you are going with this.. I wonder if that has any truth to it... I would like to see how these subs ride in the water, on the surface.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

I like where you are going with this.. I wonder if that has any truth to it... I would like to see how these subs ride in the water, on the surface.

hey bro
there are 2 videos of them I posted at the top of page 2
take a peek

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Trust me, countermeasures are being developed and probably in place right now.

PROBABLY in place, huh ??
And how do these countermeasures actually work ?
Any idea.
I would really like to know the basic principle.
Trust me, there are no effective countermeasures against this system.

The S-300 is so simple an idea, and yet so very clever.
It is why America and Israel are so frightened by it.

Yes, America has been making "home made" submarines since the Civil war.
Good ones too. But you seem to think nobody else knows how to do t.

The days of American technical superiority are over.
Espionage and pure plain TREASON by Americans have made sure of that.

Let America spend billions developing the hardware, then the Chinese, Russians, or Israelis just by it from Americans eager to make a fast dollar by betraying all America's secrets.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The Americans have been making carriers since the right brothers too, and they are really worried about the new Chinese missiles ...

Because the US has used so many countries as proxy weapons against the other Major powers, look for some pay back on that score...
Remember how the US gave the Taliban Sams after creating the Taliban to attack and draw Russia into Afghanistan?

The Iranians will get weapons just the same way too...though they may not announce this ahead of time so as not to spoil the surprise.

The US says they will start searching Iranian ships in the fall which is an act of war, so It looks like the Iranians are cooking up a reception.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

yes but that is only one of our subs...

the other one was in dry dock cause of the noxious diesel fumes.

plus i remember back in 1814 when 7 canadians went and burned down the whitehouse....ahhh those were the good ole days...eh

even though we weren't canadians yet we did keep the 49th paralell and never got push to the 53rd.

those darned Canadians EH.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Well, we did say we would fight em with one hand tied behind our back...

Point being, we just showed everyone how its done ..now everyone knows.

Ps
I was talking pre british second hand.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
GOD i really need to get out of Britian soon and get back home to Canada.

They are going to need my help so that we can get the numbers of our troops back up to 26...then i swear the world will be in serious trouble.

also with our one and a half tanks...and the four ponies...plus the dog...there is a real war brewing.....then we can ally with Iran and spead kindness and love throughout the world by forcing people to follow our ways....cause GOD tells us this is right.

then after that....hmmmmm

go back to winning hockey and take all the canadian players back off the American teams.

i tell ya...i think we should boost our sub fleet up to at least three.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Home-made subs

Likely sounds like tin cans in a old wash machine.

The US has 60+ years of practice in building quite subs.

Wonder how much noise it takes for a acoustical guided torpedo to track to a target like a homemade Iranian sub.

Since US acoustical guided torpedoes are built to go after super quite Russian subs i don't think the Iranians have a chance

[edit on 10-8-2010 by ANNED]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join