It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran launches four home-made submarines

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Iran launches four home-made submarines

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Iran showed off four new domestically made small submarines Sunday that Tehran said would bolster its defense capability as it vows to confront any military threat from countries opposed to its nuclear program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Interesting timing. A lot of folks think a strike on Iran will occur this month. Who knows? But Iran is definitel flexing muscle and doing what they can to let the enemy know not to attack.

I dont think these subs or anything else Iran has announced is "news" to the intelligence agencies of the Israel, Russia, the US or the EU, but i thgink the release of the info and timing is significant.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
As you said, it's nothing new, they already have 7 of those.

Not to mention they are only used for coastal defense close to Iranian shores. They are used to transport commandos and lay mines.

Maybe they can hunt down the Israeli submarines with nuclear missiles on Iranian shores that are supposed to be there at all times as reported earlier in the year.

Iran is also gonna launch a NEW TYPE of submarine in the next few days according to the defense minister. It's a semi-heavy submarine with high sea capabilities.

We'll have more details about it later.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't count the little subs out, if this is accurate.
I know that Canadian diesels have been known to surface right beside the American carriers in war games.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
They have a submerged range of 400 miles and while that isnt a lot, in that area that is enough.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

And by canadians you mean chineses?

If people don't want to see the submarines in action, they just have to not attack Iran, simple as that.

This kind of submarine hiding at the end of the Strait Of Hormuz sinking oil tankers would sure piss off lots of people.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I wonder if they hired experts to fix that screen door problem they were having on their subs?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

where does a sub gets its oxygen from to burn fuel

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The sub must surface (or cruise just below the surface using a snorkel) to run the diesel engines. The "snorkel" range of the Kilo sub is about 7500 miles...though if its snorkeling then its stealthy ability is compromised.

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

where does a sub gets its oxygen from to burn fuel

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

they run on enrgizer bunnies
which is why they are dangerous trey quiet

and i'll bet in the craigy coast line they can just hang and shoot...
hopefully we don't as Vichilo said, need to see them in action

PS I mention Canadian only to make the point that little subs in small waters are proven dangerious..especially if they have those new chinee ship killer missles..or sea launched sunburns or the like, or even rubber dinghies.

If they have subs that are of Chinese manufacture I hope the Iranians got good dictionaries...pless button file misser...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Could the recent Japanese tanker attack be related? Perhaps they attacked it to test the capabilities of the submarine, and they choose that tanker as no one would really suspect Iran, as they are somewhat friendly with japan...the terrorist group that took responsibility could have done so to serve as a hidden proxy.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Dan,. bunnies?
I have been nothing but respectful to all your posts and have NEVER said anything in the name of sarcasm,.
how could you..
I am shocked

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

batteries man, they run on batteries when submerged!!!

Every military knows that the only mammal that can power military equipment is baby seals.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Dan,. bunnies?
I am shocked

See, those bunnies carry quite a wallop...the pinkness is a clever disquise...

PS
Sh...bunnies is code,
I don't want to give away any military secrets and this is a forum...
any one could be reading it ooops us

I threw in an extra LOL, sorry I forgot to put in the above post LD.
I thought every one got the memo...ooops, sorry
I ment it in the same way people say ponies for HP

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The damage to the frieghter was compatible with collision with a submarine.....its just possible the Iranis only really have ten of these babys left.....
The US has had two submarine ship collisions in the Straights....once with a tanker, and once with a warship....the deeps are getting crowded in the straights...
There could be some very serious repercussions from these small subs.
The Iranis are very adept at missle technology, and have been into underwater missles for some time.
This technology they gained from the russians a while back....and it has no know defense as the underwater missle travels at tremendous speeds.
It concievably would only take one of these to get through the screen of pickets around a super carrier, and we could lose an air wing in one blow.
Now this could be acceptable losses in a real war....the Iran campaign is going to be primarily an air war aimed at total destruction of Irans capability to hit back.
Massive amounts of air power will have to be employed in order to accomplish this.
The loss of a Carrier could cripple the air campaign seriously, but the loss of any more than that could be disaster....
I look to the use of as much and as many cruise missles being thrown in the first wave....
Then the manned aircraft will be used to complete the picture and take out remaining primaries.
After which they will concentrate on the nuke plants and facilities, some of which are in populated areas.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

what happend to the good old hampster and the running wheel?
they generate alot of power and do it much better

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
actually there probably would have been
5 mini-subs launched, however, the 5th
one got crushed when it collided with
that japanese oil tanker last week
while it was being tested.
Now, it's at the bottom of the strait.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I wouldn't count the little subs out, if this is accurate.
I know that Canadian diesels have been known to surface right beside the American carriers in war games.

Yeah with NATOs advanced technology. War games are always riddled with Politics anyway. I doubt much can get past Seawolf or the sister Virgina class subs. These Iranian coffins are probably loud as a 2 stroke dirt bike and easy prey for any Israeli or U.S. Sub.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
actually there probably would have been
5 mini-subs launched, however, the 5th
one got crushed when it collided with
that japanese oil tanker last week
while it was being tested.
Now, it's at the bottom of the strait.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

You know that would be a likely scenario if the ship was sitting lower in the water, was it at the time? Did it offload the oil before the picture was taken?

If so then that is what hit it and that is funny as hell.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
You know that would be a likely scenario if the ship was sitting lower in the water, was it at the time? Did it offload the oil before the picture was taken?

yes it was off-loaded before the pic
was taken so they could get a better
shot of the entire damaged area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join