It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you have actually seen a UFO?- I think I have

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
When I was 10 or 11 years old, I was living near Columbus OH. One night in the summer, right before the sun was setting, I saw a UFO. There is no doubt in my mind that what I saw wasn't any airplane.

I tried to get someone else so they could see it, but by the time they came outside it was gone.

What I saw was what the UFO people call a cigar shaped UFO with a lot of lights on it. At first it was traveling really slow, at about the speed of a very small aircraft. It then sped up dramatically and dissapeared into the distance. All I remember after that is that I stayed up all night watching news to see if it was reported.

I have been trying to search for other people who might have saw this, but I'm unsure of even what year this occured. I think it was in 1994 or 1995.

I have only told this to a handful of people, and they usually just laugh and say I was too young to know what I saw.

Ever since I joined ATS I have been thinking of this instance more and more. Now I just want your help finding any more people that may have witnessed this same event.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hmmm, I used to live in Colombus, OH. My mom worked in the fueling dept at Rickenbacker AFB, which is there in Franklin County. This was 12 years prior to your sighting though. Do/did they still do the 6PM tornado/airstricke horn thing every day?

Tempest

I'll look into this after work today.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The first UFO I saw was about 20 years ago. My friend and room-mate Rick and I were walking home late one night after work, as per our routine at the time. We were night-owls. About halfway home, we stopped to rest our feet and to have a cigarette as we usually did. We sat against the wall of a high school near our apartment. It was a fairly clear night, just a few wisps of clouds, and we were just star-gazing and chatting. We were facing south. I was looking to the west, and Rick was looking to the east.

Suddenly I hear Rick say, "What the hell is that?" I could tell by his voice that he was startled. So I turned my head to see what he was talking about, and there it was. Flying very low, coming straight toward us from the east, was a very large circle of evenly spaced bright white lights. About a dozen or so lights.

It flew right over our heads as it headed west. It flew level and fast. About 100-200 feet off the ground or so. I could have sworn I could see right through it as it passed right over us. I thought I could see the wisps of cloud and stars overhead as it flew underneath them. It didn't seem to be a solid "nuts n' bolts" craft with lights around the edges...it was just lights...in a large and perfect circle. Incredibly pure white lights...with an eerie quality that I can't quite describe.

It made no engine sounds, there was no obvious means of propulsion, and I thought I could sort of hear it slicing through the air. It was headed for the tallest mountain of the range to the west of us.

It was very fast and had a graceful quality to it, and soon it was over the foothills of the mountains to the west of us. Then it suddenly and sharply dipped straight down toward the earth. Just before it hit the ground, it curved back up and it followed the slope of the mountainside...almost playfully...it hugged the terrain...all the way to the peak of the mountain. Once it reached the peak, it sharply angled straight up into the sky.

Up, up, up it went, and as it climbed it started spinning on its axis. Faster and faster. Almost...gleefully. Like a dance. It was beautiful. Sublime.

It kept going and going, getting smaller and smaller. Soon it was just a point of light among the stars, way up in the sky...and then after a couple of minutes it disappeared altogether into the deep blackness of space.

Rick and I were on our feet the second we saw it. We watched with our jaws hanging...utterly flabbergasted. After it was out of view we just looked at each other with our eyes bulging out of our heads.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tempest333

I lived in Franklin county and no they didn't do the tornado siren every day. I think it was only once a week. I moved away in 97 so I don't know what they do now.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
With the naked eye I once saw an unblinking point of light move rapidly in the sky in the distance, around twilight, zigzagging or skipping in an very unusual manner.

I ran in the house all excited, telling my mom to get out and look at this thing, she was pretty indifferent to it

It could have been a helicopter looking for an lost hiker (Grouse Mountain near Vancouver BC) but I thought it was moving much too quickly and erratically to be an helicopter.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
With the naked eye I once saw an unblinking point of light move rapidly in the sky in the distance, around twilight, zigzagging or skipping in an very unusual manner.

I have seen the exact same thing many times now.. And sometimes this "light" would disappear by glowing very bright.. like it was activating its warp kinda thing..

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Nothing for the first 34 years of my life even though i've always been interested. Then I saw TWO in a period of 6 months last year.

One was a low red orb that flew directly over my house. Made no noise and it was fast. Looked like the same color as the red light on the bottom of an optical mouse.

The other was much bigger and slower and intermittent between bright red and bright white. A helicopter was flying higher and about a mile behind it. It disappeared behind a row of trees.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
well it is interesting..not the fact you have had an experience.
but the age is the interesting part...i have been involved in various ufo sightings and incidents...and i have noticed a fairly common thread.

which also concurs with my own sighting.

the age of 10-11 yrs old.

i have seen it over and over. i just find it quite interesting and wonder if theres some coincedence there,

My abduction

just something i have noticed.

but the answer to your thread for me is yes i have.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
My only UFO sighting...

I was driving a truck (OTR) near Flagstaff, late at night, about 4am.
A green meteor streaked into my narrow field of view, coming straight
down. I could probably see about 60 degrees of horizon, so it wasn't
much. I've seen lots of meteors, this one was not uncommon,
bright neon green and headed straight down, except this one stopped.
By that I mean, on a dime. It paused for a split second and then streaked
off to the east and was out of sight in two shakes. The whole sighting lasted
maybe three seconds.

It absolutely defied physics. It made me a believer in ET's. While I think
alot of UFO sightings, even incredible ones, are probably of human
origin...this one WAS NOT. Whatever it was that made that maneuver,
at that speed, was controlling it's own gravitational environment.

Since that day, I've concluded that the way to reach the stars, to get our
astronauts out of the solar system, is to utilize gravity.

Anyway...that's my only sighting. And I have spent an awful lot of time
outside at night...that's it.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by rival]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
once I saw one fly over my block in Miami. My mother and I were in awe. I don't remember how it looked, but it definately wasn'tsomething I'd seen before...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well maybe, twice
My wife and I were in the living room one day
and we were waiting for some company to arrive.
It was about 7:30 pm on a Saturday mid summer,
Our company was a little late to get there, So my
wife decided to change the dress the had on,. I didn't
have a clue why, But thats just woman for ya, well
anyway, at this time I was already pacing back and forth
waiting for my company to get there, when I heard my
wife scream something. I got to the bedroom and there
she was, standing in front of me with a real angry look
her face. I asked her what was wrong and she said. "Do my
Hips look big in this dress" and I replied in an instant." Well
It's not the dress" and turned to walk away.
Well, then suddenly outta the corner of my eye something
unidentifiable wizzed past my head. and the door slammed
behind me. I never did find out what that object was.
That was my first experience.

Actually, later that night after the anger left her body with a
few cocktails, we were on our way home and were out in the
Kettle Morain area of Wisconsin. Pulled over to enjoy a little
night air, we thought we would go for a walk. as we were
talking about the evening, I looked up and saw something
zippin across the sky that wasn't a satellite, cause it did a sharp bank to the right and disappeared . No noise, no blinking lights and not a chilantern.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ive seen three,one was an orange ball of light with a brown band around it,it was there one second and gone the next,my stepbrother seen this with me. Second was some strange lights in the sky seen by several peopleBut the third one was the best. When I was younger I would lay on my back in the yard and look up at the stars. One night while doing this I was looking at a cluster of stars, and suddenly one of them shot straight up and was gone in about the time it takes to blink. This was in North Carolina in the late seventies,I was about 13 or 14 yrs old. Ive been a believer that something else is out there ever since. Nobody can convince we are alone in this universe.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ive seen lots and lots of things that may have been UFO's, but the best one that I saw and many others did was on June 6, 2009, and was checked out by mufon, and posted on the examiner.

This was my story about what we saw that night.

MO, June 6, 2009 - Wonderfully heart stopping object that my friends and I saw.

I was at the car and go at the AppleBees in Sedalia MO, 5-6-09, when my x- and I saw the first UFO it was very far away, and we hardly gave it to much time, we saw those all the time (I dont know y this area isnt considered a hot spot, I have had at least 10 sighting, some on video), when we discussed the first one for a short time, then he went inside to ask what was taking so long, when coming right from the top of Applebees, was a beautiful cigar shaped object, at least 15,000 ft above our heads, I came out of my car, and wanted to tell my x- to come see, but I was afraid to miss anything, and just when I was catching my breath he walked out, and I yell what is that, at first he didnt know where to look bc there was absolutely no sound, and while we looked up other ppl in the parking lot looked to and someone had taken a photo, I tried to take a pic, but my camera is a pretty low quality, we watch it till it was no longer visible, it was about the size of a football field, there seemed to be a shadow around it, even though it was night there seemed to be something that was even darker all around, there were at least 12 sets of beautiful lights that glowed, all around some lights still and some blinking. When I got home a I seemed to had lots of missed calls from a friend across town that thought I missed it, she was so scared she wanted me to call the police, on a side note those of us that know about this really need to let ppl know, so that when this happens they can report it, with all the sightings that I see I dont know how no one else doesnt do it.
www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Do you want negative replies as well? I have never seen one (that I recall), but know others who seem credible that assure me that they have.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JCMD2003

I will absolutely take replies from people who have never seen a UFO, I don't consider them "negative" but I just want to hear people's stories and opinions on the matter of UFOs

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I have seen at least three in my life .

Here is a description of the first one I ever saw , and it was absolutely amazing :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was also hoping someone would come along who had witnessed this one .
It would be great if there are pictures out there somewhere .

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I haven't seen this one UFO exactly, but i have seen a triangle shaped one, with 3 large red lights on each corner and a bright white light in the middle. I was on the East Coast at around 11:30 PM, when I saw it come across the horizon, moving very fast and at a very high altitude. I wonder if anyone else has een these particular one

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have never seen a UFO, i have often seen things in the air that has made me think ' maybe thats a UFO', but its usually gotten closer and ive realised its a plane. I am a believer in UFO's and aliens, but only because of the odds. Theres no way that so many planets, stars and moons can be out there, without supporting another form of life IMO.

Some people would question why i believe without having an experience to make me believe, to this i would say i dont know, its just a feeling i have.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by Catch_a_Fire]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I saw one when I was between the ages of 12 and 14, so mid to late nineties.

Bright orange, but diffuse. Nothing about it looked in focus, cloudy day, it was fairly high in the sky, and looked massive. I lived under a flight path at that time, and this UFO wasn't like anything I was used to seeing. Trust me, I used to spend every night looking at the sky and I was accustomed to jets coming and going.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

This was before the radar base closed down...

My friend and I were walking from her house to my house in the late fall around 9pm... when she suddenly grabbed my arm and stopped me. She looked around and asked me, "What was that? Do you hear that?" (I didn't hear a thing.) All of a sudden she bolted and started running like hell towards my house and just left me standing there. The next thing I know a light (bluish/pink) engulfed me... about 6-8 feet in diameter. I looked up but could only see the light... nothing else. And the next thing I know I'm also running my a$$ off for my house. That was almost 45 years ago... and I still have no idea what it was. There were no other reports but ours.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join