It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~Life is but a dream~

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hey on the other side,(after I die) My alarm clock will ring, and it will be time to go to work!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
If it is a dream, what then? If it isn't a dream, what then? What defines the word being for you?

I think waking up to the fact that this is a dream makes us lucid dreamers in this reality. Shamans have a similar view of this life. It is just beginning to hit me that this is all a dream.

I don't know if you have seen inception, but the way to tell if you are dreaming or not is if you can remember how you got here. Yes you can probably trace it bak a couple of weeks how you came to be sitting at your computer right now.

When you start going back years you only have a few big memories that stick out, but do you remember how you came to be in this reality? Do you remember your birth? Or what it was like before your birth?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
Hey on the other side,(after I die) My alarm clock will ring, and it will be time to go to work!!!!

Maybe when we wake up we realize that all the wars, greed, corruption, 70hr work weeks, scarcity, and all the other stuff was just a projection of our own consciousness.

We open our eyes and we are in a utopia that we now appreciate even more after our nightmare! See you there

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In the Hindu model, Brahman, the god identified with the ultimate all-inclusive reality, plays a game of hide and seek with itself. In this game, called Lila, Brahman plays with individual people, birds, rocks, and other features of the world both separately and together, while forgetting that the game is being played. At the end of each session, Brahman is said to wake up, cease the game, applaud itself, and resume the game all over again. The state of wakefulness and enlightenment is knowing one is simply playing a game; one is simply acting as a human being, having an illusion of being locked within a physical body and separated from the whole of the cosmos.
One who sees everything as nothing but the Self, and the Self in everything one sees, such a seer withdraws from nothing.
For the enlightened, all that exists is nothing but the Self, so how could any suffering or delusion continue for those who know this oneness?

— Ishopanishad: sloka 6, 7

Solopsism - wikipedia

I guess the hindu texts have this idea all mapped out. This seems to be exactly what I have been feeling latley.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by bringthelight]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by bringthelight]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Sounds nice....but what if its worst and I dream this reality to get away from my real reality....What if this is a much nice place to be in...?????

I once dreamed of a girlfriend that had passed: In my dream her and I were talking and I knew (in my dream) that she was died.She tells me that she had to go,because she has to go to work.I asked her "why your died."
Her responce was "Oh you have to work there too...but be good while your here because that determines what kinda job you"ll get up there."

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I think we awake as more complex entities.

Just as in a dream you are simpler and less "real".

When we wake up from this we will laugh at our fears because we will realize their was nothing to be afraid of.

We will be ashamed of our mistakes and evils because they were done out of fear.

Take advantage of what you can because you will judge yourself after this.

I really think that heaven and hell is mental state of judging yourself as a "better" version of yourself.

Looking back from an elevated position we will either be proud or disturbed by our own actions.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

What if its the most amazing thing thats ever happened to you? Dream big my friend

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
I think we awake as more complex entities.

Just as in a dream you are simpler and less "real".

When we wake up from this we will laugh at our fears because we will realize their was nothing to be afraid of.

We will be ashamed of our mistakes and evils because they were done out of fear.

Take advantage of what you can because you will judge yourself after this.

I really think that heaven and hell is mental state of judging yourself as a "better" version of yourself.

Looking back from an elevated position we will either be proud or disturbed by our own actions.

I think all people do the best they can from their own level of awareness. Deep down everyone wants to be loved and accepted by all. We all just go about getting there in different ways. Some get distracted, but it seems like the right thing to do at the time and how can you blame them or yourself. If they could see the bigger picture, sure they may have done it differently, but from their level of awareness they did exactly as they should have.

I agree we can be our own worst enemies. We judge ourselves every day. I asked myself where that judgeing voice in my head comes from. I now know it was a combination of all the things I have been conditioned to accept as truth. Parents, teachers, peers, friends, enemies, everything I have been told and accepted as truth, judged me from my head. I thought that voice was me but it turns out it wasn't. I was then free to let it go. We know nothing after all.

We can look back at our times on this planet and say what if all we want, but I believe it is all about enjoying every present moment of the journey and letting judgement go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join