It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~Life is but a dream~

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?"
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1802-1809, English poet, The Higher Pantheism.

I have always held the world view that we exist before we are born and continue to exist after we die. This comes from first hand experience with many OBEs. Having a first hand experience of my essence being something seperate from my body made me sure that our reality extends beyond this lifetime.

Recently, I have realized that our little time on this planet, by definition is a dream. Our perception of time makes that statement difficult to grasp, but I am finding it to be more and more true. We existed before our birth, then we die and wake up to another reality. Is that not a dream?

In our own dreams, two minutes can seem like a week, so why rule out that our waking "reality" is not a blink of an eye to a "reality" that exists outside of this one?

"Once, I, Chang Tzu, dreamed that I was a butterfly and was happy as a butterfly. I was conscious that I was quite pleased with myself but I did not know that I was Tzu. Suddenly I awoke and there I was, visible Tzu. I do not know whether it was Tzu dreaming that he was a butterfly or the butterfly dreaming that it was Tzu."
Chang-Tzu, século III ou II a.C., Chinese taoist philosopher, Book of Chang-Tzu

Can anyone say for sure that this is not a dream?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
How can this be a dream there are laws and physics in place before we are born into this world and we do not have any concept of these things when we are just born so why would they be there? in a dream we are able to manipulate and do things we cannot do here..... we may exist elsewhere before we are born and continue to exist after we die somehow but this is not a dream.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by discobiskit

Yes you can bend the laws of physics in your dreams, but there are those who can do the same here.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight

Yes you can bend the laws of physics in your dreams, but there are those who can do the same here.

Well i`d have to disagree with you there i`m afraid.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If one day we wake up from this current reality, as you said, how can you say that this is not a dream?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

sorry..

I thought this was a row, row ,row your boat thread..

my badd, i'll move on now..

link   

If one day we wake up from this current reality, as you said, how can you say that this is not a dream?

i never said we`d wake up from this reality i said this was not a dream.... it`s part of our cycle we are born we live we die and maybe move on who knows

link   

Originally posted by discobiskit
Well i`d have to disagree with you there i`m afraid.

An example

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

HAHAHA I Have seen this before you are kidding me rite ..this is the best proof of people defying the laws of physics PLEEEEASEE. David blaine does a better job than this guy.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

How can this be a dream there are laws and physics in place before we are born into this world and we do not have any concept of these things when we are just born so why would they be there? in a dream we are able to manipulate and do things we cannot do here..... we may exist elsewhere before we are born and continue to exist after we die somehow but this is not a dream.

How do you know that the laws of physics are not just part of the dream, how do you know they were in place before your dream started?

How often do you realize that you are dreaming when you are dreaming?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

How do you know that the laws of physics are not just part of the dream, how do you know they were in place before your dream started?

Well said, maybe these laws also exist outside of this dream in our waking reality. We can't remember what reality was before we were born into this world, so we really won't know until our dream here ends.

Maybe waking up to the fact that we are now dreaming makes us lucid dreamers and thats how we are able to start messing with physics, ala The Matrix.

There is no spoon.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

actualy that`s quite interesting i do have the ability to manipulate dreams not every dream but quite often i asked for advice on them i`ll find the link to my thread.......

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread600155/pg1

[edit on 7-8-2010 by discobiskit]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I just read your dream thread. It seems you are on the verge of an OBE or astral travel. Mine started after I was having the paralyzed feeling you described. Wait for the vibrations and a loud POP!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't know about others but I usually dream with the laws of physics intact, although that isn't the case 100% of the time.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Recently, I have realized that our little time on this planet, by definition is a dream. Our perception of time makes that statement difficult to grasp, but I am finding it to be more and more true. We existed before our birth, then we die and wake up to another reality. Is that not a dream?

"We existed before our birth, then we die and wake up to another reality."

This above statement is the only thing I am really sure of in life.

It is obvious to me that our "beingnesss" has multiple layers.

I came to that very same conclusion myself without outside influence.

It is clear to me that we will always exist and when we die we will wake up from this dream as a more complex entity.

Me and my friends have also discussed the idea that we are all that same entity.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

"We existed before our birth, then we die and wake up to another reality."

This above statement is the only thing I am really sure of in life.

It is obvious to me that our "beingnesss" has multiple layers.

I came to that very same conclusion myself without outside influence.

It is clear to me that we will always exist and when we die we will wake up from this dream as a more complex entity.

Me and my friends have also discussed the idea that we are all that same entity.

I have had the same conversation with friends. If our minds are complex enough to create a world thats feels as real, if not more real, than this "reality"(in our nightly dreams), then whose to say we are not creating this reality?

You have conversations with people in your dreams that seem like other people, though they are just your own subconscious. How do we know that we are all one being talking to itself?

The concept still makes my head spin. I feel very strange when I talk to others about this.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I am able to enter dreams directly continualy conscious.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If it is a dream, what then? If it isn't a dream, what then? What defines the word being for you?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
oh- I thought it said 'life is a ream'......that I can agree with for sure.
a dream? the only difference between 'reality' and 'dreaming' is perception....words and concepts, nothing 'real'.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Some say the two halves of the human brain act as scalar interferometers with the eyes being energy transmitters.

I myself have experienced the feeling of a gaze upon me.

"The feeling of being watched" is indeed true.

Amplify that and other effects might be possible.

Saying all that , I leave you all with this:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join