It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Hey Hey...from Louisiana

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

WOW....I am biting my tongue right now...**deep breath**.....please don't come on here and perpetuate the myth that Louisiana residents are fat cow chasin hillbillies who chaw tobaccy and marry their cousins and sit on the porch of thier rusted out trailers whittling all day......soooooooo not true. Sure, there are rural areas, but that is everywhere......I assure you that I am not fat NOR do I live in a dilapidated trailer
Just sayin......
This is a reply to Blanca Rose, not Jenny.

You must not get around other parts of the state too often.

There are areas that I like. Covington is one of them, and some areas around Baton Rouge are nice, too. New Orleans is awful! The crime is horrendous! My husband and I were robbed while waiting for a relative to get off a cruise ship that was delayed.

All in all I have had several bad experiences in the state, mostly of which come from the religious zealots in the that saturate about every square inch. Nothing like getting to a border of a town that has a sign stating "Jesus is Lord Over"...whatever the name of the place happens to be!

As far as what you think I was saying in the post, for sure, in a LOT of areas, it's completely true!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

WOW. Dislike Louisiana much?
Are ya'll tied to this state, or can you move somewhere you'd be happy? Sounds like you desperately need to move somewhere acceptable for yourself.

Edit to add: Where are you from, originally?

[edit on 8/8/10 by jennybee35]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hey Jenny.....just a heads up for ya....Saints play their first game Thursday night!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

YAY! Let the insanity and tailgating begin!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
LOL! I watched the Cowgirls play the Bengals last night.....I can't WAIT till we play Dallas....they were trash talking us so bad.....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi, I am from Memphis and I am a new member also. I have always wanted to go to LA. Maybe one day I will be able to go. It is a great community here and maybe we will stay and learn some cool things together.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by StealthyKat

WOW....I am biting my tongue right now...**deep breath**.....please don't come on here and perpetuate the myth that Louisiana residents are fat cow chasin hillbillies who chaw tobaccy and marry their cousins and sit on the porch of thier rusted out trailers whittling all day......soooooooo not true. Sure, there are rural areas, but that is everywhere......I assure you that I am not fat NOR do I live in a dilapidated trailer
Just sayin......
This is a reply to Blanca Rose, not Jenny.

You must not get around other parts of the state too often.

There are areas that I like. Covington is one of them, and some areas around Baton Rouge are nice, too. New Orleans is awful! The crime is horrendous! My husband and I were robbed while waiting for a relative to get off a cruise ship that was delayed.

All in all I have had several bad experiences in the state, mostly of which come from the religious zealots in the that saturate about every square inch. Nothing like getting to a border of a town that has a sign stating "Jesus is Lord Over"...whatever the name of the place happens to be!

As far as what you think I was saying in the post, for sure, in a LOT of areas, it's completely true!

I have lived here all my life and been all around the state.....sounds like you are just very unlucky to experience so much trauma here....maybe you should just find another place to live. New Orleans is where I live...it's a great city. The things you mentioned can be found anywhere you go. I think you are just trying to yank our chain....why else would you come to a thread about Louisiana and start dissing our home? Sorry, I don't play that....so I won't acknowledge any more of the insults. Good luck finding Utopia where everything is perfect. I'll take Louisiana any day! Peace!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Memphis

I hope you do visit....don't listen to all the negativity....it's a beautiful state. Welcome to our little family!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
hey girl! Did you watch the pre season game against the Patriots....I can't wait for the real season....Drew barely played....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join